A Mathematical Proof That The Universe Could Have Formed Spontaneously From Nothing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2014, 05:36 PM
RE: A Mathematical Proof That The Universe Could Have Formed Spontaneously From Nothing
I really do hope they prove it. It would be AMAZING and quite the breakthrough. I guess we just have to wait.

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.

-Christopher Hitchens
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2014, 06:20 PM
RE: A Mathematical Proof That The Universe Could Have Formed Spontaneously From Nothing
Are there any other links to the story.

I've done a quick Google search and can't find anything else.

Its not worth getting excited over a single source... Could be twisted and distorted to fit the writer's beliefs, or to grab attention. Things like this happen all the time. Or, it could be completely made up.

Like the reporters that made out that NASA were about to announce that life had been found on Mars... It was nothing of the sort, but everyone got excited and were sorely disappointed when NASA explained what had happened.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
15-04-2014, 07:08 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2014 08:11 PM by GirlyMan.)
(15-04-2014 06:20 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Are there any other links to the story.

Its not worth getting excited over a single source... Could be twisted and distorted to fit the writer's beliefs, or to grab attention. Things like this happen all the time. Or, it could be completely made up.

Like the reporters that made out that NASA were about to announce that life had been found on Mars... It was nothing of the sort, but everyone got excited and were sorely disappointed when NASA explained what had happened.

I'd wager anything published in PHYSICAL REVIEW D - particles, fields, gravitation, and cosmology was subject to the highest level of peer review. ... Like bestt on the planet and shit.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Explain it with Lego props.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
15-04-2014, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2014 07:38 PM by GirlyMan.)
(15-04-2014 07:25 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Explain it with Lego props.

Your idea. You do it. Tongue

cjlr or Just Another Physicist could probably do it with Lego blocks. Big Grin

#sigh
15-04-2014, 07:37 PM
(15-04-2014 07:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I can only replicate the big bang thus far.

[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
15-04-2014, 08:04 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2014 08:15 PM by GirlyMan.)
(15-04-2014 07:37 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(15-04-2014 07:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Your idea. You do it. Tongue

I can only replicate the big bang thus far.

Seems prudent to anticipate. Looks like we're fucked, every which way.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-04-2014, 09:57 PM
(15-04-2014 07:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-04-2014 06:20 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Are there any other links to the story.

I'd wager anything published in PHYSICAL REVIEW D - particles, fields, gravitation, and cosmology was subject to the highest level of peer review. ... Like bestt on the planet and shit.

Well, the theists can no longer claim we need faith to suggest the big bang happened all by itself.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
15-04-2014, 10:35 PM
Someone once told me they could mathematically prove 1+1 = 0
My fist in their face interrupted the explanation.

15-04-2014, 11:52 PM
(15-04-2014 07:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

cjlr or Just Another Physicist could probably do it with Lego blocks. Big Grin

done
[Image: lego-cake-1332416816.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post