A Matter Of Perspective

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2013, 10:26 PM
A Matter Of Perspective
I had an epiphany yesterday as I was trying to sleep. What did my parents think of me? How might they view me? From their perspective. It wasn't my parents themselves but the matter of the perception of others. This train of thought is relatively revolutionary for me, as until now I had been only thinking of me. What I thought, what my memories were. But now I can see the world through the eyes of another. Them, what their thoughts are, what they see. As a person who has never been very social, I've never had to think about others or what they cared about. It's like the person I'm reviewing becomes me, and I become them. Like seeing the world through 14 billion eyes (assuming everyone has two of them) and seeing 7 billion people through the eyes of the world, seeing the worlds through the eyes of the solar systems, seeing the solar systems through the eyes of the galaxies, seeing the galaxies through the eyes of the universes, seeing the universes through the eyes of the cosmos.

Breathtaking stuff.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2013, 10:32 PM
RE: A Matter Of Perspective
I know what you mean. Damn psychedelics, they kept me up at times, too.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
19-01-2013, 05:26 AM
(13-01-2013 10:26 PM)Nappa Wrote:  I had an epiphany yesterday as I was trying to sleep. What did my parents think of me? How might they view me? From their perspective. It wasn't my parents themselves but the matter of the perception of others. This train of thought is relatively revolutionary for me, as until now I had been only thinking of me. What I thought, what my memories were. But now I can see the world through the eyes of another. Them, what their thoughts are, what they see. As a person who has never been very social, I've never had to think about others or what they cared about. It's like the person I'm reviewing becomes me, and I become them. Like seeing the world through 14 billion eyes (assuming everyone has two of them) and seeing 7 billion people through the eyes of the world, seeing the worlds through the eyes of the solar systems, seeing the solar systems through the eyes of the galaxies, seeing the galaxies through the eyes of the universes, seeing the universes through the eyes of the cosmos.

Breathtaking stuff.
Yep, I was fascinated with such thinking too. I kept pursuing that idea over some fields of psychologic study and spiritual practice and it led to broadening my awareness into what the hell is wrong with me. And eventually it led to my discovery of Asperger syndrome. Now I preach the gospel of self-awareness and recommend everyone to get tested. You never know, not with this crappy indifferent culture. You may wonder about yourself, you may wonder about how people work. If you don't already know and feel that, not perfectly, but well enough to get by, then you probably wouldn't wonder about such thing.
(You won't find much negative reputation around me, that's because I worked out some things on another forum before.)

[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
19-01-2013, 05:49 AM
Luminon,
Thanks for the link. I'd like to try it.
I registered then hit 'go to quiz'.

It's telling me that I have 'invalid birth data and / or gender' and takes me back to the 'register' page (even though it's saying that I'm already logged in.

Any suggestions?

19-01-2013, 06:20 AM
(19-01-2013 05:49 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Luminon,

It's telling me that I have 'invalid birth data and / or gender' and takes me back to the 'register' page (even though it's saying that I'm already logged in.

Any suggestions?
I click on the button I ACCEPT under the
[font='Bookman Old Style']Go directly to the test: [/font] message. No registration necessary.

IIRC, my score was about 70 on the neurotypical side and 127 of the Asperger's. Which makes sense, if I interpret it as dominance of left hemisphere over right.

19-01-2013, 06:51 AM
(19-01-2013 06:20 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(19-01-2013 05:49 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Luminon,

Any suggestions?
I click on the button I ACCEPT under the
Go directly to the test: message. No registration necessary.

IIRC, my score was about 70 on the neurotypical side and 127 of the Asperger's. Which makes sense, if I interpret it as dominance of left hemisphere over right.

Sorted.

Registering via mobile, I didn't get all the fields so it was incomplete. But ok, though, on my laptop.

Result:
Your Aspie score: 119 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 81 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

Many answers I put 'a little' where maybe 30 years ago I would have chosen 'often'. Lots of things I have mastered with age.

The 'eyes' got me frustrated. I looked at the eyes, decided what emotion I saw and then looked at the options. Most of the time my choice was not even one of the options. I was shouting at the screen e.g. "No! she is being coquettish! Where is that?"

Interesting test. Thanks.

19-01-2013, 08:39 AM
(19-01-2013 05:26 AM)Luminon Wrote:  Yep, I was fascinated with such thinking too. I kept pursuing that idea over some fields of psychologic study and spiritual practice and it led to broadening my awareness into what the hell is wrong with me. And eventually it led to my discovery of Asperger syndrome. Now I preach the gospel of self-awareness and recommend everyone to get tested. You never know, not with this crappy indifferent culture. You may wonder about yourself, you may wonder about how people work. If you don't already know and feel that, not perfectly, but well enough to get by, then you probably wouldn't wonder about such thing.
(You won't find much negative reputation around me, that's because I worked out some things on another forum before.)
Definitely not Aspie.

Your Aspie score: 61 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 152 of 200
You are very likely neurotypical

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-01-2013, 08:46 AM
(19-01-2013 08:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  You are very likely neurotypical

Yeah! Typical!

Always thought you were weird.

Drinking Beverage

19-01-2013, 08:48 AM
(19-01-2013 08:46 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(19-01-2013 08:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  You are very likely neurotypical

Yeah! Typical!

Always thought you were weird.

Drinking Beverage

Well, you were wrong. Tests don't lie. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-01-2013, 09:01 AM
My results:

Your Aspie score: 30 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 174 of 200
You are very likely neurotypical

[Image: VAwOABM.png]

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]