A Matter of Faith

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2015, 12:09 PM
A Matter of Faith
I just came across this movie A Matter of Faith in the ON DEMAND channels. I have not watched it but I did watch the trailer. It's seems to be God's Not Dead: Part II - We Didn't Come From No Monkeys. I don't know if I'd get enough yuks out of it to watch it for $5.99. Maybe when it comes to RedBox.

Sorry to see that Harry Anderson stars in it (he plays the biology professor). Does he really need the money or does really believe this crap?

I read something recently (I don't remember where) that Hollywood is beginning to take "Faith Based Movies" seriously. Potentially big box office when compared to a relatively small initial investment (Kevin Sorbo's and Harry Anderson's checks are the biggest expense).

Hollywood's going downhill. The biggest movies of the year are Spectre and Star Wars VII.Facepalm Not to worry. Faith based movies will save the day. They could probably make a really good faith based move but, unfortunately, the Marx Brothers are all dead and I doubt that Christopher Nolan is interested.

Sapere aude
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2015, 12:14 PM
RE: A Matter of Faith
I'll wait for Netflix or Prime.

Then I'll think about it and probably ignore it. Drinking Beverage

Although gods not dead was pretty darn funny.

What do you mean it wasn't a comedy?

Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

05-11-2015, 12:18 PM
(05-11-2015 12:09 PM)f stop Wrote:  I just came across this movie A Matter of Faith in the ON DEMAND channels. I have not watched it but I did watch the trailer. It's seems to be God's Not Dead: Part II - We Didn't Come From No Monkeys. I don't know if I'd get enough yuks out of it to watch it for $5.99. Maybe when it comes to RedBox.

Sorry to see that Harry Anderson stars in it (he plays the biology professor). Does he really need the money or does really believe this crap?

I wonder if Hercules comes back from the underworld to minister to the asshole atheist biology professor.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
05-11-2015, 08:04 PM
I looked it up on IMDB. It's been out for more than a year. My evaluation that it's a faith based movie is correct. You might want to go to IMDB and read the reviews.

Maybe not.

Sapere aude