A Matter of Faith, a new Christian Persecution film by Answers in Genesis

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2014, 11:30 PM
RE: A Matter of Faith, a new Christian Persecution film by Answers in Genesis
(01-05-2014 03:15 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Not that I want to be a buzzkill, but we created the adult section so that this kind of stuff wouldn't infect other threads. Dodgy

Very well.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2014, 12:08 AM
I love these movies! The more the better! ... They do our job for us! Drinking Beverage

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
02-05-2014, 12:39 AM
I think these movies are scary due to the fact that the majority of Americans (where I live) claim faith based thinking. These movies promote the idea they are the underdog, and under attack.

Yes, it is propaganda! And, propaganda is not funny.

When the dad in the video said, "The guy's an evolutionist," I felt chills. He used the same voice that the "House Un-American Activities Committee" used to conduct their witch hunts and trials during the 1950s in order to rout out "hidden" communists in America.

The HUAC result was fear and a heightened paranoia which in turn destroyed careers--a scary time in American history and in Hollywood.

WTF, Elia Kazan and John Wayne, among a host of others, were scared shitless and coughed up names.

I work in an environment that requires only a little supported paranoid fuel to put my job at risk. All my co-workers are Christian, new world fundamentalists. They love movies like this.

And last, we need more tenured professors in our colleges and universities, yet the opposite is now happening--leaving doors wide open for challenging and degrading the efficacy of higher education.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 3 users Like Dee's post
02-05-2014, 12:52 AM
If anything, "he's an evolutionist" reminded me of "he's a communist" in Good Night and Good Luck

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 2 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
02-05-2014, 01:14 AM
The "only in America" list gets longer and stupider.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
02-05-2014, 02:19 AM
(01-05-2014 08:33 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(01-05-2014 07:51 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Thanks for getting my hopes up for commentary on the video but instead turned a conversation about doge into a date Dodgy

What's there to comment on? The trailer lampoons itself.

The only way they could have improved the ridiculous factor was to hire Michael Bay.

Explosions make plot holes better Yes

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post
02-05-2014, 07:14 AM
(01-05-2014 07:51 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Thanks for getting my hopes up for commentary on the video but instead turned a conversation about doge into a date Dodgy

Why not both? Angel

Atir aissom atir imon
02-05-2014, 07:16 AM
(02-05-2014 07:14 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  

Why not both? Angel

Because I'm sick of telling you no Ryan! Drinking Beverage

02-05-2014, 07:18 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2014 07:49 AM by Im_Ryan.)
(02-05-2014 07:16 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 07:14 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Why not both? Angel

Because I'm sick of telling you no Ryan! Drinking Beverage

When have you ever told me no...better yet, when gave have I ever asked you anything? Consider

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
02-05-2014, 07:26 AM
(02-05-2014 07:18 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 07:16 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  Because I'm sick of telling you no Ryan! Drinking Beverage

When have you ever told me no...better yet, when gave I ever asked you anything? Consider

I'm glad you put clarification in that post mate. If you had stopped at, when have you ever told me no? ... it may have been a besmirhing of my fine character! Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post