A Message and Refutation for Diddo97

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2014, 02:02 AM
RE: A Message and Refutation for Diddo97
(26-09-2014 01:47 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(26-09-2014 12:30 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  A well reasoned and thoroughly delightful post and while I no desire to undermine anything I feel obligated to point out that if you look at his post history it's very clear he's a a garden variety attention whore. He rotates through topics trying to get a rise out of people and this Sye thing is just the latest in a long line, which is why he makes EVERY conversation he joins about Sye and his stupid website. I genuinely believe he does not understand in the slightest the argument Sye makes or the reasons why it's wrong, I don't think he is smart enough for that. Maybe the former but definitely not the latter. However he knows it gets a rise out of people and that it takes zero wit or effort on his part. When a man argues about the existence of gods closet....

He's just a troll.

Sadley he will neither read nor truly respond to this with anything but "nu'uh" because his stance is bullshit. He does not believe this crap he pointed out all the flaws in it before he realised how much of that precious precious attention this would get him. Case in point I don't think anyone has ever made a thread to talk about him before.

You are most likely correct but if Dark Phoenix feels the same as I do, and likely many others, than this is his final chance to give his best, honest attempt to back this Sye stuff if he believes it to be true, or be exposed as a fraudulent troll and the mods can send him packing for eternity.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
26-09-2014, 02:52 AM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2014 03:09 AM by Mathilda.)
I read the OP. It was a good post.

When you're depressed there can be a tendency to fixate on whatever is wrong as if it's the sole cause of your depression. Diddo97 is fixating on Sye Ten's argument to avoid confronting everything else going wrong with his life.

If he is telling the truth then what teenage girl would want to cope with not only getting fat, but becoming hairy, a breaking voice, developing muscles, a penis and being treated by the world as something completely different to what she is?

The tragic irony is that 15 is a great age to start transitioning and that the longer diddo97 leaves it the harder it will be to make the transition. The changes currently happening to him probably feel permanent but they aren't unless he tries to avoid it for as long as possible until he's much older and hopefully slightly wiser.

My message to Diddo97 is that even if you don't want to admit to your gender identity issues, you do still need professional psychiatric help. This is not an ad-hominem.

I'd also like to add though that while this may explain Diddo97's trolling behaviour, it does not excuse it.
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
26-09-2014, 05:49 AM
Awesome takedown of the presuppositional wordplay game! I consider this to be a fundamentally sinister and dis-honest ruse. Kudos to you for showing compassion to someone that doesn't exactly inspire those feelings.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
26-09-2014, 08:03 AM
(26-09-2014 01:43 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  oh no its not that, Its just that I am not a reader. If its more then a 5 sentence paragraph I don't have the attention span to read it all lol.

Oh. Alright. I understand. Thanks for skimming though.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
26-09-2014, 08:11 AM
(26-09-2014 01:47 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Sadley he will neither read nor truly respond to this with anything but "nu'uh" because his stance is bullshit. He does not believe this crap he pointed out all the flaws in it before he realised how much of that precious precious attention this would get him. Case in point I don't think anyone has ever made a thread to talk about him before.

You may be right, however, I have high hopes of him being drawn to the thread by the same attention seeking behavior he has displayed all along. How could someone like him not be drawn to an entire thread on the subject of, well, him?

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
26-09-2014, 08:14 AM
(26-09-2014 02:02 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  You are most likely correct but if Dark Phoenix feels the same as I do, and likely many others, than this is his final chance to give his best, honest attempt to back this Sye stuff if he believes it to be true, or be exposed as a fraudulent troll and the mods can send him packing for eternity.

FFTT and I are of the same mind on this. It is my hope to force Diddo97 to deal with the content of my post, or slink quietly away. I don't intend to allow him to continue to troll without publicly calling him out.

I don't know if the mods can do anything, since he hasn't actually violated any rules.

-Karl Marx
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Phoenix's post
26-09-2014, 08:17 AM
(26-09-2014 05:49 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Awesome takedown of the presuppositional wordplay game! I consider this to be a fundamentally sinister and dis-honest ruse. Kudos to you for showing compassion to someone that doesn't exactly inspire those feelings.

The version of the argument that Diddo97 likes to use is maddening. The argument is so dishonest and so childish that it makes you want to scream and smash things.

I wish I could say that I am just that compassionate, but I just remember how hard it was to be 15, and I wasn't transgender.

-Karl Marx
26-09-2014, 08:24 AM
(26-09-2014 05:49 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I just remember how hard it was to be 15, and I wasn't transgender.

I agree.

Sometimes people aren't willing to examine a topic and find their fault. It can be maddening for others trying to explain.

Then the Dr Phil moment rolls around, "do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?"

Use the block function and maybe he won't drive you crazy with his inability to understand your reasons.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
26-09-2014, 08:59 AM
(26-09-2014 08:24 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(26-09-2014 05:49 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I just remember how hard it was to be 15, and I wasn't transgender.

I agree.

Sometimes people aren't willing to examine a topic and find their fault. It can be maddening for others trying to explain.

Then the Dr Phil moment rolls around, "do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?"

Use the block function and maybe he won't drive you crazy with his inability to understand your reasons.

I doubt he is actually trans, he said that during his fishing stage where every time he showed up he was pushing a different problem to attract attention. Ever since he found something that works he does not mention the trans stuff or respond if anyone else does.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
26-09-2014, 10:54 AM
(26-09-2014 08:59 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I doubt he is actually trans, he said that during his fishing stage where every time he showed up he was pushing a different problem to attract attention. Ever since he found something that works he does not mention the trans stuff or respond if anyone else does.

I have similar doubts, but I am not comfortable with the consequences of that assumption if I turn out to be wrong. How insensitive would it make me if it turned out to be true?

-Karl Marx