A Message and Refutation for Diddo97

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2014, 06:15 PM
RE: A Message and Refutation for Diddo97
(02-10-2014 05:39 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Finally, something that doesn't reek of stupidity...

Refuting presuppositonist apologetics does not require any special intelligence (not to downgrade Dark Phoenix' OP, it was very good).

The fact that so many Christians, you included, feel presuppositionalism is so compelling is the real mystery.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Simon Moon's post
02-10-2014, 06:21 PM
(02-10-2014 06:07 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  
(02-10-2014 05:39 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Finally, something that doesn't reek of stupidity...

Or "Finally, my brain allows me to see the flaws in everything I done on this site"

Oh snap! I am giving you a +1 for that.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 4 users Like Shadow Fox's post
02-10-2014, 06:32 PM

Nothing here that hasn't been said to you elsewhere, my dear troll.

A worthy synthesis, to be sure, but if you've never listened to anyone else before, I hardly see how this would change things.

For those following along at home, do note that ol' diddo's only comment has been this singular bit of threadcrapping, and our buddy here has given not a shred of reasoned, substantive, intellectually honest response to any of the OP.

... this is my signature!
[+] 6 users Like cjlr's post
02-10-2014, 07:54 PM
DP: very cogent breaking down of the presup argument. I hope you don't mind if i quote you from time to time or use your ideas for similar refutations.

Diddo97:
You reveal your true intentions just now with your disingenous, egotistical response to the OP.

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
[+] 4 users Like ivaneus's post
03-10-2014, 10:48 AM
(02-10-2014 06:15 PM)Simon Moon Wrote:  Refuting presuppositonist apologetics does not require any special intelligence (not to downgrade Dark Phoenix' OP, it was very good).

The fact that so many Christians, you included, feel presuppositionalism is so compelling is the real mystery.

I speculate that it might have something to do with the aggressive manner of its presentation. You need a strong emotional wall in order to critically examine something that isn't presented as intending to answer questions and be accountable. Take Sye Ted Bruggencate for example. The man is a bully.

Apart from that, the argument doesn't give the listener time to really think. The quicker the argument is presented, the less likely the listener is to notice how the presuppositionalist is violating his own challenge.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
03-10-2014, 10:50 AM
(02-10-2014 07:54 PM)ivaneus Wrote:  DP: very cogent breaking down of the presup argument. I hope you don't mind if i quote you from time to time or use your ideas for similar refutations.

By all means, quote away. Nothing here is copyrighted. I appreciate the compliment.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Phoenix's post
03-10-2014, 10:59 AM

I wish the same could be said of anything you have ever posted.

-Karl Marx
[+] 4 users Like Dark Phoenix's post
08-10-2014, 09:19 AM
You want a refutation of this? Ok.
[Image: 8Nx9Qco.png]
Unless you have an absolute source for your knowledge, you can't know anything.

Truth seeker.
08-10-2014, 09:21 AM
(08-10-2014 09:19 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  You want a refutation of this? Ok.

Which is an idiotic assertion that no one with a brain accepts, so you haven't refuted shit.

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
[+] 2 users Like Winterwolf00's post
08-10-2014, 09:26 AM
(08-10-2014 09:21 AM)Winterwolf00 Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 09:19 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  You want a refutation of this? Ok.

Which is an idiotic assertion that no one with a brain accepts, so you haven't refuted shit.

Could you be wrong about that? Consider

Truth seeker.