• 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2012, 02:16 PM
RE: A Message to Creationists
Oh...MY...GOD

The zoomer is on the fritz.

AND he's out of his meds.

Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2012, 02:25 PM
(30-03-2012 12:12 PM)tudorthetutor Wrote:  I'm going to quote from that paper: "This ability represents a level of sophistication previously unexpected in these insects." And another one: "We thought the wasp might have an innate ability keyed to the smell of hosts' feces." They were wrong and soon realized the process was much more complex, involving odors that the plant emanates as a response to being eaten by the caterpillars. So this game is a three-player game, not two! "Wasps seem thus to have a genetic inclination for odors from substances that have served as food sources for hosts." If someone looks at this and fails to see the impossibly weird math I was talking about earlier, they are indeed blinded by their own ignorance.

Try explaining.

(30-03-2012 12:47 PM)tudorthetutor Wrote:  My friend, you need some physics, I'm afraid. There is no such thing as spacetime.

You don't understand anything about physics, do you?

(30-03-2012 12:47 PM)tudorthetutor Wrote:  In reality you have no idea what that concept is supposed to be.

Again, trying to tell your opponents what their position is, tudor. Not the best move on your part.

I almost said "I'd have thought you'd have learned better by now", but I really wouldn't have.

(30-03-2012 12:47 PM)tudorthetutor Wrote:  I can prove to you that time doesn't even exist in physics

No. You can't.

You don't understand anything that you're talking about.

At all.

(30-03-2012 12:47 PM)tudorthetutor Wrote:  To put your space-time fabric to rest I have written a paper which I will post on my blog (http://tudorthetutor.blogspot.com/). In it I prove that time is nothing more than an abstraction we invented to make more sense of our existence in the universe.

Bet you a dollar.

(30-03-2012 02:07 PM)tudorthetutor Wrote:  You make me laugh!

Congratulations.

(30-03-2012 02:07 PM)tudorthetutor Wrote:  "...failing to make any kind of substantial objection to the theory of evolution"?

Yep.

(30-03-2012 02:07 PM)tudorthetutor Wrote:  My friend, you have no idea what your beloved theory of evolution suggests.

Again, tudor? Do we really have to go over the "putting words in other people's mouths" thing again?

(30-03-2012 02:07 PM)tudorthetutor Wrote:  Let me tell you what it suggests, so you can at least be informed when you talk about evolution.

Oh please do. I could use a laugh.

(30-03-2012 02:07 PM)tudorthetutor Wrote:  It suggests that a certain chemical/physical process that has an absolute value of possibility ZERO did in fact take place!

No, it doesn't.

(30-03-2012 02:07 PM)tudorthetutor Wrote:  That process involves a particular animal, which I will refrain from mentioning.

Pro tip: saying "I have an example, but I'm not going to show it to you" is not a compelling argument. It's the bare assertion fallacy.

(30-03-2012 02:07 PM)tudorthetutor Wrote:  Do you understand what I'm saying here?

Oh yes. It's just bull.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-03-2012, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2012 02:57 PM by germanyt.)
Umm. Space time has easily been proven.

What is wrong with this dude? LOL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_paradox

Consider a space ship traveling from Earth to the nearest star system outside of our solar system: a distance [Image: cdf729c03df18f46e35e8fb096a71c43.png] light years away, at a speed [Image: 500f5f02af71a348e24a0f00946df982.png] (i.e., 80 percent of the speed of light).

(To make the numbers easy, the ship is assumed to attain its full
speed immediately upon departure - actually it would need more than a
year accelerating at 1 G to get up to speed.)

The Earth-based mission control reasons about the journey this way : the round trip will take [Image: 679c89521437977875afeadfb46d31d5.png] years in Earth time (i.e.
everybody on earth will be 10 years older when the ship returns). The
amount of time as measured on the ship's clocks and the aging of the
travelers during their trip will be reduced by the factor [Image: fba9a3a968db9bd8a8c0990b21406175.png], the reciprocal of the Lorentz factor. In this case [Image: 65c21e2e8dcfa4ac489ca961621f89f3.png] and the travelers will have aged only 0.600×10 = 6 years when they return.

The ship's crew members also calculate the particulars of their trip
from their perspective. They know that the distant star system and the
Earth are moving relative to the ship at speed [Image: 9e3669d19b675bd57058fd4664205d2a.png] during the trip. In their rest frame the distance between the Earth and the star system is [Image: f1054d6c64fd4a3d8f8995aa15f1d2b8.png] = 2.4 light years (length contraction), for both the outward and return journeys. Each half of the journey takes [Image: b34f94707ae65b9a4a040283e8c9ba26.png]
= 3 years, and the round trip takes 2×3 = 6 years. Their calculations
show that they will arrive home having aged 6 years. The travelers'
final calculation is in complete agreement with the calculations of
those on Earth, though they experience the trip quite differently from
those who stay at home.

If a pair of twins are born on the day the ship leaves, and one goes
on the journey while the other stays on Earth, they will meet again when
the traveler is 6 years old and the stay-at-home twin is 10 years old.
The calculation illustrates the usage of the phenomenon of length contraction and the experimentally verified phenomenon of time dilation to describe and calculate consequences and predictions of Einstein's special theory of relativity.

Some years back a couple of 70 something year old twins performed this experiment with an airplane. I can't find an article about it because I don't remember any names. They had 2 clocks both perfectly synchronized. One brought one on a plane and the other stayed on the ground. The plane traveled in the direction of the Earths rotation for I think several days (refueling in air). After landing the clocks were off by like 4 minutes. Even the clock itself slowed down. Everything traveling at speed is aging slower than something at rest. In theory, traveling at the speed of light would stop time and faster would reverse time. Light itself is not affected however, because photons have no mass.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
30-03-2012, 02:50 PM
(30-03-2012 12:47 PM)tudorthetutor Wrote:  Do you have any idea what I was talking about there?

Sure. Like always, you were going on about how impressed with yourself you are. As for the rest of it, everything you posit has been done and redone.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
30-03-2012, 05:06 PM
(30-03-2012 02:34 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Umm. Space time has easily been proven.

Some years back a couple of 70 something year old twins performed this experiment with an airplane. I can't find an article about it because I don't remember any names. They had 2 clocks both perfectly synchronized. One brought one on a plane and the other stayed on the ground. The plane traveled in the direction of the Earths rotation for I think several days (refueling in air). After landing the clocks were off by like 4 minutes. Even the clock itself slowed down. Everything traveling at speed is aging slower than something at rest. In theory, traveling at the speed of light would stop time and faster would reverse time. Light itself is not affected however, because photons have no mass.

My friend, can you read? Apparently so. Go to my blog (http://tudorthetutor.blogspot.com/) and read the fucking explanation for your stupid space time theory. Don't you understand that clocks are mere physical/mechanical devices through which we empirically give the abstract idea of "time" a certain value? How hard is it to understand that? Jeez!
30-03-2012, 05:37 PM
(30-03-2012 05:06 PM)tudorthetutor Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 02:34 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Umm. Space time has easily been proven.

My friend, can you read? Apparently so. Go to my blog (http://tudorthetutor.blogspot.com/) and read the fucking explanation for your stupid space time theory. Don't you understand that clocks are mere physical/mechanical devices through which we empirically give the abstract idea of "time" a certain value? How hard is it to understand that? Jeez!
Do you understand that clocks are not actually time?

Do you understand that time is a concrete value which is both present and accounted for in physics?

Have you ever taken a basic high-school-level introduction to physics?

Somehow I sense that the answer to at two of those is "no".

- Terry Pratchett
30-03-2012, 06:08 PM
I am so pissed off, you mean to tell me I could have just told my teacher that there is no such thing as time and she would have let me come into class at any "no such thing?"

I should have been informed sooner!!

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
30-03-2012, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2012 11:48 PM by tudorthetutor.)
(30-03-2012 05:37 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Have you ever taken a basic high-school-level introduction to physics?

Somehow I sense that the answer is "no".

No, I never took a basic high-school-level introduction to physics. You're right about that. I stated studying physics when I was in the sixth grade, so when I got to high school I had already passed the introductory phase. I didn't quite like what I learned at the university of physics several years later, though, and for that reason I decided to give up on the idea of becoming a physicist and do something else instead. Now, seeing the trend of modern physics, I'm glad I did. I would have been the black sheep of the trade, for sure. Did I answer your question?
30-03-2012, 11:50 PM
(30-03-2012 11:45 PM)tudorthetutor Wrote:  I didn't quite like what I learned at the university of physics several years later, though

You mean, like the fact that time is a part of physics?

- Terry Pratchett
31-03-2012, 12:09 AM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2012 12:20 AM by tudorthetutor.)
(30-03-2012 06:08 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  I am so pissed off, you mean to tell me I could have just told my teacher that there is no such thing as time and she would have let me come into class at any "no such thing?"

Very funny! I liked the last part.
My friend, time doesn't actually exist as a "physical phenomenon." However, don't throw away your watch or clock yet. You might need it to get to the next class in time, because we, humans, do use the ABSTRACT concept of "time" to make more sense of our existence in this universe. Do you understand the word abstract? It means we can imagine it and have constructive thoughts about it, like finding ways to measure it or give it an approximation. We obviously have days, weeks, months, years, etc. All those are social, generally accepted conventions, nothing else. So, if you live in society, you need time, of course, but if you live alone on your own island or planet, time loses its significance. You're not going to miss any appointments, then. Go to my blog if you want to read what I wrote on this topic.

(30-03-2012 11:50 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(30-03-2012 11:45 PM)tudorthetutor Wrote:  I didn't quite like what I learned at the university of physics several years later, though

You mean, like the fact that time is a part of physics?

It is, as an abstraction. It is probably the most controversial of the concepts physics deals with, to the point of raising the question of time travel. Well, how can you physically travel in something that doesn't actually exist in the physical world? How can you travel in an abstract idea? Asking the stupid question "can I travel in time?" is the same as asking: "Can I erase the shadow my body is making on the ground with an eraser?