A Message to Creationists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2012, 05:00 PM
RE: A Message to Creationists
(27-03-2012 10:33 AM)tudorthetutor Wrote:  My dear friend, it is in simple terms.

Wow. Condescension much?

(27-03-2012 10:33 AM)tudorthetutor Wrote:  But here I come telling you that if you could zoom in a little more, you will be able to see something much more amazing than evolution. Would you believe me? I doubt it.

Your analogy fails to take into account the fact that you can actually zoom in and see the nuclei through the use of a microscope. That's how you know they exist.

Now, can you show us what you're zooming in to?

(27-03-2012 10:33 AM)tudorthetutor Wrote:  I know it isn’t, because I have a better one that allows me to see deeper, but you, of course, sincerely doubt that.

Then show us.

(27-03-2012 10:33 AM)tudorthetutor Wrote:  Yet, what this claim of mine should make you realize is that there may be a better zooming device than the one you have and think is the best in the world.

"May" is all well and good. But you're not giving us any reason to actually believe that there is.

(27-03-2012 10:33 AM)tudorthetutor Wrote:  Not necessarily that there is one, but that there may be one! What are you going to do with this uncomfortable piece of intelligence? Dismiss it as being irrelevant and unimportant?

Until such time that there is proven to be one, yes.

(27-03-2012 10:33 AM)tudorthetutor Wrote:  Then good luck finding the enemy tanks on the battlefield by looking down from the surveillance military satellite through your magnifying glass.

Word salad.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
27-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Well, we not only have zooming problems, our range of sight is limited as well. We can only observe light in the visible light spectrum. We are severely limited in that sense. However, modern technology breaks those limits. We can see the far ends of the universe to a single atom using optical devices ranging from telescopes to tunnelling microscopes! We can see microwaves, ultraviolet and other ranges of light using devices like the infra-red camera. It's a whole new world once you are able to change your view. It all depends how you look at things.

The question is not what we are looking for, but what will we see? From what we observe, we draw a hypothesis.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes robotworld's post
27-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Well stated!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
29-03-2012, 05:00 AM
Alright. So you've got a better magnifying glass. Care to share it or you gonna hog it all to yourself? Or is this the point where you tell me I'm too stupid to use it?

I am currently working on posting my "zooming device" on a blog. There are several parts to it with more parts to come. You are all welcome to read it if you really want to know the truth. Not my truth, but the truth, which unfortunately is not what you guys think. I'm not saying this to offend you, just to inform you. Go ahead and read what I wrote and draw your own conclusions.

The blog is http://tudorthetutor.blogspot.com/

PS. If you really don't want to change your conviction about "evolution" don't read by blog!
29-03-2012, 06:11 AM
tl;dr...... tl;dr.
29-03-2012, 06:23 AM
(29-03-2012 06:11 AM)Logisch Wrote:  tl;dr...... tl;dr.

My friend, I don't understand the coded language you are using. What planet did you come from? If you have something to say, say it so that intelligent people can read and understand, please.
29-03-2012, 06:39 AM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2012 06:59 AM by Bucky Ball.)
The trouble with ALL creationism, is it presumes they have a god to plug in to the model. They don't. It certainly can't be the Yahweh guy, (or his wife). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlnnWbkMlbg
Using the Babble to support Babble claims is circular. Quoting the Babble by people who know NOTHING about the historical and cultural context of it's development only makes them look even more foolish. See all the other threads about this ridiculous waste of time. God "acting" is just SO ignorant. Take a Logic course, then take a Physics course, then take a Quantum Mechanics course, and then take a Babble course. That will "zoom" ya back to reality.

Reading the Babble "several times" ?? Hahahahaha. Try a lifetime of scholarship. The fact that human perception is limited to certain wavelengths proves NOTHING. All that "zoom" shit, really ?? Many super-computer simulations have demonstrated how long, (and exactly how) light sensitive cells develop light sensitivity. (Takes about 40 generations). For someone who isn't a Christian, and "doesn't really like to quote the Babble", it sure happened a LOT. !!

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
29-03-2012, 06:48 AM
Tudor, you are full of derp. I went to see your blog. It's all lots of nose-in-the-air I'm-more-intelligent-than-everyone crap, and the only argument you have there that I can see is what the apostle Paul said to the Romans. And the same post that you posted here about being far away and up close.

I suppose I shouldn't have wasted my time. Nothing grates me more than when an idiot is condescending though, I have to react to it.

Consider this before you make another snooty post. There are a thousand people, many of whom have passed through this very forum, all vending their own brand of reality, all convinced that theirs is the one true way. You are one of them. Of those thousand people, not all of you can be correct. *Are you sure you're not delusional*? If your answer is "obviously not", then you haven't done your background check properly - *every* scientist worries about whether he is correct or not. Only madmen don't.
29-03-2012, 07:30 AM
(29-03-2012 06:48 AM)morondog Wrote:  Tudor, you are full of derp. I went to see your blog. It's all lots of nose-in-the-air I'm-more-intelligent-than-everyone crap, and the only argument you have there that I can see is what the apostle Paul said to the Romans. And the same post that you posted here about being far away and up close.

I suppose I shouldn't have wasted my time. Nothing grates me more than when an idiot is condescending though, I have to react to it.

Consider this before you make another snooty post. There are a thousand people, many of whom have passed through this very forum, all vending their own brand of reality, all convinced that theirs is the one true way. You are one of them. Of those thousand people, not all of you can be correct. *Are you sure you're not delusional*? If your answer is "obviously not", then you haven't done your background check properly - *every* scientist worries about whether he is correct or not. Only madmen don't.

Did you read the first two parts also? I doubt it. Read those too, buddy, and then comment. When you see Part 3 of something, you start looking for parts 1 and 2 if you're an intelligent creature.
And to answer your question, "Are you sure you're not delusional?" I'll answer this: I believe 2+2=4 not because some smart scientists are telling me this, but because I understand what addition is. I can think for myself. Of course, for you the debate between evolution and creation may not be as clear as 2+2, but it just happens that it is for me. And you know what the bad news is for you, my friend? I don't like what I'm seeing. I wish there was no God. I wish evolution were true. I actually hate God for what he did. Seriously. Then wouldn't it be much easier for me to say, "There is no God after all!" and live "happily" like you atheists do? Then why don't I do that?
If you can answer the questions I asked in the first two parts of my paper (there are going to be more) then you indeed are a genius. But you're not going to be able to answer because much smarter people have been trying unsuccessfully to do that. And instead of realizing the truth (that there is a fucking God, whether we like it or not!) they cling to their evolution theory and invent intricately enough, yet stupid fairy tales so that ignorants like you (the majority of the world's population) would believe them. I really don't like what/who I am (knowing the truth) but I certainly wouldn't want to be in your shoes.

(29-03-2012 06:39 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Reading the Babble "several times" ?? Hahahahaha. Try a lifetime of scholarship. The fact that human perception is limited to certain wavelengths proves NOTHING. All that "zoom" shit, really ?? Many super-computer simulations have demonstrated how long, (and exactly how) light sensitive cells develop light sensitivity. (Takes about 40 generations). For someone who isn't a Christian, and "doesn't really like to quote the Babble", it sure happened a LOT. !!
I'm going to say to you the same thing I told the other guy: Read parts 1 and 2 and you will see no reference to the Bible whatsoever. Everything in there is based on LOGIC which you people seem to have great lack of. Otherwise you wouldn't need a jerk like me to teach you to think. I'm being rude because you really deserve that.
29-03-2012, 07:47 AM
(29-03-2012 07:30 AM)tudorthetutor Wrote:  I'm being rude because you really deserve that.

You're being rude 'cause you're an asshole. Tongue

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Creationists are the same as NAMBLA Shadow Fox 6 211 20-05-2014 07:09 AM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  Well, That Didn't Take Long...Creationists Are Bitching 'Cosmos' Is Unfair WindyCityJazz 31 1,299 03-05-2014 05:26 PM
Last Post: Charis
  Why no sympathy for creationists. sporehux 4 270 06-02-2014 04:02 PM
Last Post: sporehux
  Question about the fine-tuning argument by creationists flyingpancake 14 562 04-02-2014 06:15 PM
Last Post: Mathilda
  2 questions for creationists Relic of the Darkling 173 4,573 25-12-2013 03:36 PM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  My discussions with Creationists! Crulax 3 267 09-12-2013 02:10 PM
Last Post: kingschosen
  Christian Creationists change to a deistic view when arguing. Lawls 11 758 16-11-2013 03:10 PM
Last Post: Elesjei