A Message to Creationists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2012, 02:03 PM
RE: A Message to Creationists
(01-04-2012 01:54 PM)Hooded50 Wrote:  A common claim made by Atheists is that there is no God. Since this statement is without basis, merit, or evidence of any persuasion, is it safe to assume that Jordan's OP claim as such is rooted in assumption, speculation, and conjecture? God is not falsifiable, so it takes an equal amount of faith to believe, or to disbelieve.
First of all, introduce yerself.

Secondly, spin 'em. Tongue

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2012, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2012 02:49 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(01-04-2012 01:54 PM)Hooded50 Wrote:  A common claim made by Atheists is that there is no God. Since this statement is without basis, merit, or evidence of any persuasion, is it safe to assume that Jordan's OP claim as such is rooted in assumption, speculation, and conjecture? God is not falsifiable, so it takes an equal amount of faith to believe, or to disbelieve.

Ah, right on time. The creationist of the week.

First you need to tell us which god you're talking about. Certainly it's not the "god of the armies", also known as the "lord of hosts", or better known as Yahweh Sabaoth. The Flying Spaghetti Monster is also not "falsifiable", as is any negative assertion. You'll have to do WAY better than that. There is a 1957 Chevy orbiting Pluto, and according to you it takes faith to not believe that. Oh my. This one is worse than the last two. The positive claim is that there is a god. THAT needs evidence/verification. The negative claim, as anyone who has taken Logic 101 knows, is impossible to verify, and needs no verification.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlnnWbkMlbg

Second you need to know that making unsubstantiated claims as you did in that post, with absolutely no supporting evidence, is totally worthless. Extraordinary claims rquire extraordinary evidence.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

Find all posts by this user
01-04-2012, 03:00 PM

Burden of proof fallacy.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
01-04-2012, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2012 07:21 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(01-04-2012 11:02 AM)tudorthetutor Wrote:  Oh, just one more thing before I leave you guys alone to think about whatever you think as atheists. You might find this documentary interesting. It's about biology and it might help you understand Darwin's theory better. Enjoy watching it! And don't worry, you won't learn anything!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUOS-8BQMKg

You're exactly right. There IS nothing to learn there. It's that Behe guy again, with the irreducible complexity crap.

Refuted many places, including here : http://www.ccrnp.ncifcrf.gov/~toms/paper/ev/behe/

Basically this video is again the fallacious use of the Arumentum ad Verecundiam, because these are NOT "experts" who agree with the consensus, in their fields. And ... yet again, they have no designer, in the end, no matter what their "science" says. Super-computer simulations, and Chaos Theory has accounted for all the so-called complex designs, with estimates of how long they take to evolve. The video states, "a growing number of scholars are increasingly questioning... bla bla bla". So what ? First there is no reference to how they determined that, and secondly, there is no way ANY creationist claim can be subject to scientific inquiry, as they would have to see it repeated, and tested. So, yeah, there is nothing to be learned there.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

Find all posts by this user
01-04-2012, 05:07 PM
You wouldn't make such a silly statement if you knew what the definition of atheism is. Atheism is the lack of belief in any gods - not the unsupported belief that there are no gods.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]