A Message to the Vatican...FUCK YOU!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2013, 07:51 PM
RE: A Message to the Vatican...FUCK YOU!
@MarkFulton

Quote:Also, this..."I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic"
is immoral. You are a homophobe, and I'm calling you out for it. I think I speak for most people on this forum in doing so.

I got that joke while seeing a commercial for a stand up comedian on the comedy network.

I don't consider myself homophobic because phobia in general means fear. I have no fear of the gays nor do I think they are going to destroy the world.

I treat Gays the same as I would treat someone who I knew was having sex outside of marriage. I don't think its right but I probably wont say anything against it as I have know right to go into your bedroom. Of course I do believe you really shouldn't talk about it to me because then you are in some ways asking me to pass judgment on you. If you tell me that you just slept with your girlfriend you are expecting me to say something on that subject. as such I may very well say my disapproval depending upon what the answer they are looking for. If they are talking about a problem about her snoring I will not say that you should not be sleeping with her because it is immoral. If you tell me that you finally banked your girlfriend I will not congratulate you.

In the same way I don't want you talking about your leather dungeon please don't talk to me about your other exploits.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2013, 08:02 PM
(29-05-2013 07:51 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  I don't consider myself homophobic because phobia in general means fear. I have no fear of the gays nor do I think they are going to destroy the world.

I treat Gays the same as I would treat someone who I knew was having sex outside of marriage...

In general, "homophobia" doesn't mean a fear of gays in the way that one might be afraid of spiders. Homophobia is more like racism -- it's discrimination. Homophobes typically don't want to allow their children near gay teachers or allow themselves to hang out with gay people for fear that they or their children may become gay as a result. The "phobia" is the fear that gay ideas will spread.

While it's a nice idea that you might possibly see it as just another sin, it's unlikely. Do you believe that gay marriage ought to be illegal? How about sex outside of marriage? How about any and all sins? Christians seem to treat certain sins differently -- that doesn't necessarily mean that you personally do, but the odds are that it includes you.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-05-2013, 07:12 AM
(29-05-2013 07:51 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  I treat Gays the same as I would treat someone who I knew was having sex outside of marriage. I don't think its right but I probably wont say anything against it as I have know right to go into your bedroom.

Please explain how you make a moral or ethical connection between these behaviors.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
30-05-2013, 09:17 AM
@ Starcrash

Quote: Homophobia is more like racism -- it's discrimination

Part of the problem with me is that I am not a big follower of the concept of equality. Or I should say equity. I believe all people are equal in terms of human dignity however I don't believe that all people are the same or should be treated the same. With Homosexuality it is a mental difference as such I would treat them differently in the same way I treat my friend with aspergers differently or like my friend who was home schooled and incredibly sheltered (didn't know what masturbation was at the age of 20) so there will be certain mental reservations completely unconnected with my faith or view on homosexuality. One of the big ones would be my fear of his attraction to me. this is not exclusive to Homosexuals, I also tend to avoid women who I don't find particularly attractive. However I can overcome both of these if they are really interesting.

Although I will point out that I did have a friend who was rumored to be gay. I didn't really care and I never bothered to find out. Although I don't believe I treated him any differently then any of my other friends. Part of the problem is that I have had almost zero interaction with Gay people so I don't know How I would react. It's interesting I went to an all guys school with 1100 guys and I never knew anyone who was gay despite how ridiculously gay my school was. An example was that dry humping was used as a form of showing dominance. We actually had a guy on our rugby team who after practice would come and sit in the shower room fully clothed and sit there watching us. I think only one joke was made about it. Ya my life has been a little bit weird.

Quote:Homophobes typically don't want to allow their children near gay teachers or allow themselves to hang out with gay people for fear that they or their children may become gay as a result. The "phobia" is the fear that gay ideas will spread.

This is a really tough one to answer since I would not want someone treating what I consider a sin to be a good thing regardless of whether it was gay sex or not. Here I make the distinction between homosexuality and gay sex as I have no problem with someone with that orientation teaching my kid if he was a practicing catholic who realized he was called to a celibate life. I would actually encourage my kid to go to their class. I would consider a great learning experience.

Quote:While it's a nice idea that you might possibly see it as just another sin, it's unlikely. Do you believe that gay marriage ought to be illegal? How about sex outside of marriage? How about any and all sins? Christians seem to treat certain sins differently -- that doesn't necessarily mean that you personally do, but the odds are that it includes you.

The main thing is that I don't consider Gay marriage to exist. I consider there to be two types of marriages. A sacramental marriage which is between a man A women and God, and a natural marriage which is between a man and a women for the purpose of raising a child in the best environment. The second one has a lot to do with my concept of Natural Law. Of course I don't think natural marriage should exist but I accept that it is required since not everyone is religious. This also factors into my opinion on what government should be for, and that is to make everyone Catholic (if not explicitly then implicitly) and to protect our society from other societies. So I will almost always oppose a law which would move our society in the opposite direction.

In terms of Sex being made illegal, I would say no. There is no possible way of policing that. So although I don't agree to making it legal (which would give you a legal right to do it) I think at the moment it should be decriminalized. The reason for this is that laws should be based on the society. For example should marijuana be made illegal in Canada. Well 1/3 of Canadians have smoked marijuana so are we going to imprison 1/3 of Canada. no of course not that would be silly. However that does not mean you make it legal as that would mean you have the right to smoke it (which is another argument entirely). In a (my) perfect society where everyone is Catholic and almost no one sinned, then yes it might be possible to make it illegal.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
30-05-2013, 09:18 AM
@ chas

Quote:Please explain how you make a moral or ethical connection between these behaviors.

Their both sex outside of marriage.

- my friend Marc
30-05-2013, 10:07 AM
(30-05-2013 09:18 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  @ chas

Quote:Please explain how you make a moral or ethical connection between these behaviors.

Their both sex outside of marriage.

There is nothing inherently wrong with sex outside of marriage. That is simply your religious bias.

In states where same-sex marriage is legal, then this isn't a problem. Right?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post