A Misfiring of Caring

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2015, 07:11 AM
RE: A Misfiring of Caring
(20-12-2015 09:46 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  8.

What's that, a D– or something? If I had known there would be a test, I would have studied.
You're the one who studied for your urine test, right?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
21-12-2015, 07:16 AM
I got a 10. Does that make me a perfect 10?
21-12-2015, 08:33 AM
(21-12-2015 07:11 AM)DerFish Wrote:  
(20-12-2015 09:46 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  8.

What's that, a D– or something? If I had known there would be a test, I would have studied.
You're the one who studied for your urine test, right?

Most of us are procrastinators. We know there's a test coming up but rather than studying we just piss the time away.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
21-12-2015, 08:55 AM
(21-12-2015 08:33 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(21-12-2015 07:11 AM)DerFish Wrote:  You're the one who studied for your urine test, right?

Most of us are procrastinators. We know there's a test coming up but rather than studying we just piss the time away.

Letting all that time go down the drain is such a waste.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
21-12-2015, 11:29 AM
(20-12-2015 10:16 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-12-2015 10:06 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  High 5. Thumbsup

All you peeps wtth single digit scores, psycopaths live 2 standard deviations away from the mean. Don't matter which direction. So far Moms is the scariest fucker here.

Smile

Its nice to be recognized. Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-12-2015, 02:26 AM
I scored a 7. I felt some questions were worded in a way that neither option applied, so it was a bit difficult.

(19-12-2015 09:36 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Following up on my thread about not being able to empathise with someone who had "come back to faith", (thanks for the responses to that btw, even though very few addressed my question (and in fact most addressed the question for which I stated that I didn't need answers ... in normal TTA fashion Big Grin )) ..

It's not that I didn't want to answer your actual question, I didn't even notice it. It seemed more like rhetorical musing. Not sure why. I didn't even notice your stating you didn't want answers to the other question that had been responded to.

Now I have to think about how to empathize… but empathy or lack of is a base indicator of psychopathy and it's interesting to ask how to empathize instead of feeling it. I think we all do this to a degree though. A strong feeling or a simple wonder. A person who feels the empathy will still ask it with a caring motive (putting themselves in anothers shoes and trying to understand and respond for the benefit of the other person and perhaps as well as themselves). A psychopath will ask it to try to integrate themselves in the situation and 'manouver' and manipulate but they probably never consider anothers point of view (they can't, they simply lack the ingredients), only best how to get that view to change for better management.

Probably the videos I didn't watch because I can't play sound right now addressed or dismissed this, ha ha. Also Ive had hardly any sleep. Further, this thread has made me wonder what a cat lady would score. Empathy for the cats and hate for the humans… wha???! Which made me think about how some humans dislike or discriminate other (darwin award winning) stupid humans but love their dumb (and I mean the actually stupid retarded) dogs. Really, can any of us creatures help how we were born? We can only work with what we have. I'm no unicorn. Tongue Or mermaid Sad

My brother in law made a great saying. "You can't teach a pigeon to be an eagle.". Ha ha. That's what you should tell those theists who return to the ways. Except you could say, "You can't teach a snake to be a dove." or something.

I will stop babbling and go to bed now. Goodnight.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
23-12-2015, 03:16 AM
14 is what I scored. Not really the questions I was expecting. Interesting.
24-12-2015, 10:35 AM
I scored higher than anyone else who posted. I'm not really surprised by this, I was already well aware. I would have scored higher had I ever actually gotten caught for my childhood shenanigans - I've always given off an innocent vibe. I have to observe social interactions and follow suit. It doesn't come natural. I have feelings, I just don't understand them very well. I enjoy working traumas because they're adrenaline fueled and visually dynamic. All this still doesn't mean I'm a sociopath, though.

Thanks for posting. This has been a topic I've long considered. What makes me different from a sociopath? I've known I'm not a psychopath (antisocial personality disorder) - I don't derive pleasure from causing others pain. And until this, I've kind of figured "well, I certainly don't get my jollies off on hurting others and I do my best not to cause harm."

I am low in empathy, but I do have compassion. Embarassment - I do feel embarrassment for others. The end of the second podcast you posted mentioned a high level of narcissism. Maybe that's the key? Consider I'm not a narcissist and I have compassion. Probably thanks to religion instilling humility.

How much of what we call sociopathy is more personality wrapped up with narcissism and low empathy? My hypothesis is that persons with a T (thinking) function on the Myers-Brigg personality scale would score higher on these tests than an F (feeling). Circumventing rules, promiscuity, spontaneity, etc is part of the ISTP personality, for example. (I fall somewhere between ISTP, ESTP, ENTP, and INTP). And yet the meanest people I know are an F. Although being mean doesn't make you a sociopath...

I'm going to have to think on this some more and organize my thoughts about it.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
24-12-2015, 11:49 AM

Doesn't mean I'm not crazy...

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
24-12-2015, 12:17 PM
You scored 9. Although a few answers needed a third option other than true or false.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.