A Misfiring of Caring

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2015, 12:29 PM
RE: A Misfiring of Caring
(24-12-2015 10:35 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I scored higher than anyone else who posted. I'm not really surprised by this, I was already well aware. I would have scored higher had I ever actually gotten caught for my childhood shenanigans - I've always given off an innocent vibe. I have to observe social interactions and follow suit. It doesn't come natural. I have feelings, I just don't understand them very well. I enjoy working traumas because they're adrenaline fueled and visually dynamic. All this still doesn't mean I'm a sociopath, though.

Thanks for posting. This has been a topic I've long considered. What makes me different from a sociopath? I've known I'm not a psychopath (antisocial personality disorder) - I don't derive pleasure from causing others pain. And until this, I've kind of figured "well, I certainly don't get my jollies off on hurting others and I do my best not to cause harm."

I am low in empathy, but I do have compassion. Embarassment - I do feel embarrassment for others. The end of the second podcast you posted mentioned a high level of narcissism. Maybe that's the key? Consider I'm not a narcissist and I have compassion. Probably thanks to religion instilling humility.

How much of what we call sociopathy is more personality wrapped up with narcissism and low empathy? My hypothesis is that persons with a T (thinking) function on the Myers-Brigg personality scale would score higher on these tests than an F (feeling). Circumventing rules, promiscuity, spontaneity, etc is part of the ISTP personality, for example. (I fall somewhere between ISTP, ESTP, ENTP, and INTP). And yet the meanest people I know are an F. Although being mean doesn't make you a sociopath...

I'm going to have to think on this some more and organize my thoughts about it.

Yabut, what's your score? Tongue

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2015, 12:37 PM
I just realized. Most of you are liars. Every score is 20.
24-12-2015, 12:56 PM
Damn, I got a 12. Dodgy

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube