A Moderated Content Section?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2014, 04:55 PM
A Moderated Content Section?
It would be great if there was one section of the forum where members couldn't clog the thread to death with short little clever quipy blurb posts that don't really add anything useful to the topic.

The problem is the same on every forum. You have intelligent interesting posters here, but their writing tends to get swamped by the less qualified, those whose only real interest is to get a quick lazy ego bump for the least possible effort.

It's a signal to noise ratio problem. Some good posts are there, but after awhile one starts to wonder whether it's worth digging through the junk pile to find them.

In fairness, this is a problem on pretty much all forums, not just this one.

I'm guessing this suggestion will be declined, and that's ok, no problem. But I thought I would cast my one little vote.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Baba Bozo's post
25-12-2014, 05:01 PM
RE: A Moderated Content Section?
If you really want to, you could have 1-on-1 discussions (as in debates) with a single poster (you challenge them), and external posts are prohibited in that occasion. There is a section exactly for that.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
25-12-2014, 05:02 PM
(25-12-2014 04:55 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  It would be great if there was one section of the forum where members couldn't clog the thread to death with short little clever quipy blurb posts that don't really add anything useful to the topic.

The problem is the same on every forum. You have intelligent interesting posters here, but their writing tends to get swamped by the less qualified, those whose only real interest is to get a quick lazy ego bump for the least possible effort.

Seriously though, if you want that sort of thread, the closest you are going to get is a match in The Boxing Ring; where two participants argue uninterrupted in a closed environment.

This isn't much of a place for the whole 'controlled environment' deal.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-12-2014, 05:02 PM
(25-12-2014 04:55 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  It would be great if there was one section of the forum where members couldn't clog the thread to death with short little clever quipy blurb posts that don't really add anything useful to the topic.

It's a signal to noise ratio problem. Some good posts are there, but after awhile one starts to wonder whether it's worth digging through the junk pile to find them.

I'm guessing this suggestion will be declined, and that's ok, no problem. But I thought I would cast my one little vote.

So .... you only want to hear from people who agree with you.
Yeah.

We get that, bozo. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
25-12-2014, 05:03 PM
There is a boxing ring. You can start a thread asking another member to discuss a topic with you. If the other person accepts, the thread is moderated, and any posts other than yours and the person invited will be deleted.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...oxing-Ring

That's as close as you're gunna get.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
25-12-2014, 05:07 PM

1. We have a section called the Boxing Ring, only two people enter...one man leaves Big Grin

2. TTA prides itself in freedom of speech. Very few things in here are taboo and everyone who wants their say gets to have it. Best thing about this place.

3. May I suggest you work on responding only to those posters who interest you?

4. Or start your own forum, short of that you’re not going to find what you are looking for.

5. Clever quips are the most fun to write. Yes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 9 users Like Full Circle's post
25-12-2014, 05:15 PM
Or if there are particular people who seem to constantly annoy you in threads, put them on ignore

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
25-12-2014, 05:16 PM
(25-12-2014 05:15 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Or if there are particular people who seem to constantly annoy you in threads, put them on ignore

I think that is where I reside. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
25-12-2014, 05:18 PM
(25-12-2014 05:16 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(25-12-2014 05:15 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Or if there are particular people who seem to constantly annoy you in threads, put them on ignore

I think that is where I reside. Tongue

Yep, I saw an interaction between you two in another thread and Idea aha!! That damned pablo causing trouble again. Of course!! Tongue

25-12-2014, 05:24 PM
(25-12-2014 05:18 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(25-12-2014 05:16 PM)pablo Wrote:  I think that is where I reside. Tongue

Yep, I saw an interaction between you two in another thread and Idea aha!! That damned pablo causing trouble again. Of course!! Tongue

Yea, I'm proud to be an ass. I practice a lot. Tongue