A Moderated Content Section?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2014, 09:22 AM
RE: A Moderated Content Section?
He needs a moderated section to tell us we're not worthy of a response from him?
Yea that'll be fun!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like pablo's post
28-12-2014, 10:16 AM
(27-12-2014 08:09 PM)Vosur Wrote:  ...
When I go to Hughsie's profile, it gives me the option to put him on ignore under his profile picture. I don't know if it's the same for you. Consider

Yeah, it works.

I've had Hughsie on 'ignore' for nearly two years.

I'd quite forgotten he was still around.

@Girly,
A cheeseboard is not a cheeseboard without a piece of soft, creamy, French succulence on the side.

Angry

28-12-2014, 10:23 AM
(28-12-2014 04:16 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 09:15 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  We have plenty of real experts on religion and atheism here. We have published authors, doctors, philosophers etc..so you assertion that "real experts" don't participate in forums is false. Simple.

Ok, this is so typical of this forum.

Do you see how you made a big assertion, whose only apparent purpose is to put somebody else down while pumping yourself up, and you provided no evidence whatsoever of the thing you claim that exists?

The entire post, just empty content emotion, and nothing more.

I do sincerely hope that you are correct, and that you or somebody will create a list of the published authors, doctors, philosophers, and some clergy and theologians too, who post here. THAT would be an excellent way to prove me wrong.

The next step might be for the mods to identify such high quality posters and create a special section for them in recognition of their training and ability, so that they can have intelligent conversations without being continually interrupted by wacko net users with stupid screen names like Baba Fucking Bozo. :-)

Ok, this is so typical of your posts.

Do you see how you made a big assertion, whose only apparent purpose is to put somebody else down while pumping yourself up, and you provided no evidence whatsoever of the thing you claims exists?

(27-12-2014 07:09 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  Where are the real experts on religions and atheism? They don't participate on forums, that's where. They don't participate because no one in the forumsphere can be bothered to serve their needs. Simple.

I didn't waste one iota of emotion, or thought on you, as you haven't posted anything worthwhile yet for me to consider. We don't need to post a list of "elitists" ..that would have no purpose, and would only cause others to feel like if they don't have the same credentials as others , that they are somehow lesser members, which is complete BS.

Education is not an automatic indicator of intelligence, or ability to articulate ones worldview...nor is it a litmus test for value. Your opinion of this forum or its members means nothing. Your opinion of me or my posts mean nothing. I am an arrogant asshole and have never said otherwise. Don't think for a moment though that just because I am an arrogant asshole I can't beat you with the knowledge stick...but since you haven't bothered to make an erudite assertion worthy of our time, you can just enjoy the memes and giggles. Have a great day.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 6 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
28-12-2014, 10:28 AM
(28-12-2014 10:23 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I didn't waste one iota of emotion, or thought on you, as you haven't posted anything worthwhile yet for me to consider.

Yes, I can see you're paying me no attention whatsoever, and that you don't take me the least bit seriously. :-)

Ah, if only I could learn to do the same. Oh well, I'll be dead before long, and that'll probably work.
28-12-2014, 10:40 AM
(28-12-2014 10:28 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  Ah, if only I could learn to do the same. Oh well, I'll be dead before long, and that'll probably work.

Are you by any chance contemplating suicide?
Is there anything we can do to help?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
28-12-2014, 10:51 AM
(28-12-2014 10:28 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(28-12-2014 10:23 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I didn't waste one iota of emotion, or thought on you, as you haven't posted anything worthwhile yet for me to consider.

Yes, I can see you're paying me no attention whatsoever, and that you don't take me the least bit seriously. :-)

Ah, if only I could learn to do the same. Oh well, I'll be dead before long, and that'll probably work.

I must say I have wished before we had more serious interactions with others here, but few theists come here with the desire and/or ability to enter serious intellectual discourse. This is partly due to we have beaten the dead horses to death, so then we converse on all types of odd topics in the meantime....but this place is a sanctuary of peace for us where we can enjoy freedom of speech with very few limitations, and openly discuss how we really think about things without the PC police banning us in seconds...this is a double edged sword, as there are those who come to troll forever as long as they can stay within the rules. Most sites an atheist survives minutes before being banned for not toeing the part line of delusion. But I just remembered I am also a member of another site that may be more to your liking, as long as you can last a day without getting banned....

http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/index.php

good luck

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
28-12-2014, 10:55 AM
(28-12-2014 10:40 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Are you by any chance contemplating suicide?

Oh, thanks much for asking, but no, and no.

Well on second thought, yes, you can entertain me while I await the grim reaper's arrival. That would be appreciated!

It's just my age. I've never been 62 before, and it's a new perspective, like all ages. Both my parents died in their early seventies, so sometimes it feels as if I'm looking down the barrel of the gun. But it's ok. Really, it is.

Well, maybe. Unless I get one of those diseases like Parkinsons, and then yea, I'll be thinking about a long walk off a short pier, cause dude, you definitely don't want that one. No go zone.

I do A LOT of hiking way back in the woods, so my hope is that one day the Heart Attack Man will come when I'm not looking, instant easy exit, and then I'll be buzzard poop, which some people claim I already am...

Don't you just love talking with geezers about diseases and death and various kinds of creepy medical stuff?? Holy cow, so much fun!!
28-12-2014, 11:02 AM
(28-12-2014 10:51 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  ....but this place is a sanctuary of peace for us where we can enjoy freedom of speech with very few limitations,

I understand. Well, trying to. I honestly really do question myself as to whether I should be interrupting that peace.

I don't do that on theist forums. Not because I agree with theism, but because I'm willing to let them be in peace.

Well, unless they start doing the homophobia dance and some of that, then I must admit, I sometimes lose my grip.

My problem is that while I may be somewhat clever, I'm also quite simple minded. That is, if someone states in a loud voice that they want to do reason, I take that at face value, I believe them without questioning, I hear what I want to hear. And then I get in to trouble, cause I'm not dealing with reality.

Most of us don't actually want to do reason, we want to do ideology.
28-12-2014, 11:05 AM
(28-12-2014 10:55 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(28-12-2014 10:40 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Are you by any chance contemplating suicide?

Oh, thanks much for asking, but no, and no.

Well on second thought, yes, you can entertain me while I await the grim reaper's arrival. That would be appreciated!

It's just my age. I've never been 62 before, and it's a new perspective, like all ages. Both my parents died in their early seventies, so sometimes it feels as if I'm looking down the barrel of the gun. But it's ok. Really, it is.

Well, maybe. Unless I get one of those diseases like Parkinsons, and then yea, I'll be thinking about a long walk off a short pier, cause dude, you definitely don't want that one. No go zone.

I do A LOT of hiking way back in the woods, so my hope is that one day the Heart Attack Man will come when I'm not looking, instant easy exit, and then I'll be buzzard poop, which some people claim I already am...

Don't you just love talking with geezers about diseases and death and various kinds of creepy medical stuff?? Holy cow, so much fun!!

My opinion is we must strive to give each day meaning, for life is a gift, and there are no guarantees in life. The grim reaper can come for us at any minute, whether you are 2 yo, or 62 yo. Getting old is great if your quality of life is good, not so great if it isn't. Who among us haven't said at one point in our lives, "oh, if only I could go back and be young again, the things I would do different..." But in retrospect, I am not sure I want to be that gangly clueless teen all over again. I like where I am in life, and if it should end today, then it ends today. I am with you on the disease thing. My wife and I have had a frank conversation that if I contract some horrific slowly declining disease, when I get to the point where I can not bear it anymore, or do not wish to bear it anymore, I am going to check out....we are in charge of our own lives, and I think if you are terminally ill and wish to exit, you should be able to.....not withering away on a hospital bed.

To each their own.

Don't jump off the pier yet bozo, make each day count Drooling

28-12-2014, 11:32 AM
(28-12-2014 10:40 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(28-12-2014 10:28 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  Ah, if only I could learn to do the same. Oh well, I'll be dead before long, and that'll probably work.

Are you by any chance contemplating suicide?

You realise there's two ways of interpreting that? Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.