A Moderated Content Section?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2014, 02:47 PM
RE: A Moderated Content Section?
(28-12-2014 02:08 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  So let me ask this Bozo....is there anyone here that you DO think is worthy of discussing whatever it is you want to discuss?

Yes.

Quote:If so, is there a reason you can't just discuss it in the boxing ring? I ask, because if you start the thread, you get to make the rules, and that includes who is allowed to take part in the discussion. If you decide to allow multiple people, that's fine too. All you need to do is start the thread, and state your terms.

Aha, what a useful suggestion, thank you. I did not grasp this from the other boxing ring posts, sorry. I thought the boxing ring was one on one.

So I can start a thread in the boxing ring and only those I invite can participate? As many as I want? Is that correct? Am I getting it now? Anything else I need to know?

Quote:(The one thing that WONT be moderated is the content of people's posts. If they're allowed to participate, they're allowed to say what they want.)

Yes, of course, this is completely reasonable. I don't desire to control the posts of those writers I myself have invited.

This might work very well for all concerned. Once I find a place that works for me, I'll stop complaining about all those places that don't.

Much appreciated!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2014, 02:51 PM
(28-12-2014 02:43 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Just because you have a negative rep, it does not mean that you can't 'like' someone's post if it amuses you so to do.

Congrats, your post receives the first Like ever from His Dickheadness Sri Baba Bozo! What a thrill this must be for you, wow! :-)
28-12-2014, 02:56 PM
(28-12-2014 02:37 PM)morondog Wrote:  I've seen him admiring Tomasia. Perhaps they should get themselves a private room Smile Then they can have a lovely little... ehehe... "conversation" and all we'll be able to do is wail and gnash our teeth and *wish* we could make little quips to disrupt their ever-so-philosophical-and-interesting discourse.

Oo, ooo, they can have Hughsie at their party too! It'll be like a textual threesome! Can you imagine how polite and reasonable those arguments are going to be? No quips whatsoever! They need someone to disagree with though, otherwise they're just gonna spend all their time talking about how much they admire each other and how terrible this forum is and how all the members are so horrible... So I think Gordon will be a good guy for them to chat to as well... Who else?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
28-12-2014, 03:00 PM
(28-12-2014 02:40 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(28-12-2014 02:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  You claimed that ALL theists are treated with a level disrespect.

I thought I claimed, perhaps with inadequate clarity, that anyone who effectively challenges the group consensus of any community is likely going to wind up in some kind of trouble.

I've actually tested this, and while personality is a factor, it really only affects how long it will be until the effective challenger winds up in some kind of trouble.

If a challenger does not have um, perfect manners, that gives the community the opportunity to change the subject from the challenging posts to the challenging poster when they start to feel backed up in to a corner, as we see happening here now.

It is actually more ruthless to challenge a community with perfect manners, because then that defense mechanism is stripped away too.

The url of this site contains the word "thinking". It's my theory that anyone that does enough thinking will eventually start exploring the boundaries of whatever group consensus they find themselves in.

And then they'll likely start getting in to trouble. Being a perfect gentleman only slightly delays the lynching.

Quote:I can't put you ignore, as super-moderator it's just inappropriate, but if I were a regular member of this forum, I wouldn't hesitate.

Can you ban me as a super-moderator? If you feel this strongly, perhaps you should? After all, there's nothing like a crucifixion to make an imaginary holy man famous. :-)

Or you could just keep deliberately reading posts you hate and then whine about them?

Your brain, your time, your call. I'm agreeable to whatever you wish to do.

It's your job to run this place, and my job to type stuff that engages people. I'm doing my job, and will leave you to yours.

I've not whined about you, I don't reply to everything you post.

But I do believe you have your job wrong. It is your job (like everyone else) to follow our forum rules and be a member of our community. If your purpose is simply to make thread after thread on the same topic, jump into other threads with little to add to the discussion and purposely try to derail we have means of dealing with that too.

It's not always about banning.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-12-2014, 03:06 PM
(28-12-2014 02:51 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(28-12-2014 02:43 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Just because you have a negative rep, it does not mean that you can't 'like' someone's post if it amuses you so to do.

Congrats, your post receives the first Like ever from His Dickheadness Sri Baba Bozo! What a thrill this must be for you, wow! :-)

No worries. I had already 'liked' FC's post which, I guess, compensates for your oversight.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
28-12-2014, 04:23 PM
Oh I never make completely useless posts.

Wait.

Nevermind.
Carry on.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
28-12-2014, 04:46 PM
(28-12-2014 02:47 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
Quote:If so, is there a reason you can't just discuss it in the boxing ring? I ask, because if you start the thread, you get to make the rules, and that includes who is allowed to take part in the discussion. If you decide to allow multiple people, that's fine too. All you need to do is start the thread, and state your terms.

Aha, what a useful suggestion, thank you. I did not grasp this from the other boxing ring posts, sorry. I thought the boxing ring was one on one.

So I can start a thread in the boxing ring and only those I invite can participate? As many as I want? Is that correct? Am I getting it now? Anything else I need to know?

Actually the description line under "Boxing ring" states:

The boxing ring is for 1v1 debates. It will be moderated and each thread will be limited to two posters who have agreed to discuss a topic

The rules say nothing about 1v1 though, so maybe someone should fix that, since it sounds pretty ambiguous (unless Stark is simply wrong). Tongue

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
28-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Meh, we can change the rules if needs be. Or we can call this case an exception, and I'll handle the moderating myself, if that's easier. I don't think anyone would object to a thread like the one we've suggested. It gives Bozo a place to squat and keeps the living room carpet clean. Everyone wins.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 8 users Like Stark Raving's post
28-12-2014, 05:03 PM
Sure, it's not like I wanted things to be done in a certain way or my way. Tongue

Although that would feel good. *wears crown*

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
28-12-2014, 05:49 PM
(28-12-2014 04:50 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Meh, we can change the rules if needs be. Or we can call this case an exception, and I'll handle the moderating myself, if that's easier. I don't think anyone would object to a thread like the one we've suggested. It gives Bozo a place to squat and keeps the living room carpet clean. Everyone wins.

I see no problem with an exception in this case.

I'll lend a hand in moderating if you'd like. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces