A Moderated Content Section?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2014, 05:24 PM
RE: A Moderated Content Section?
Thanks for all the replies, and so fast! Appreciated.

Quote:1. We have a section called the Boxing Ring, only two people enter...one man leaves Big Grin

Yes, good idea, a step in the right direction. I'll consider that. If you'd like to suggest a partner for me, feel free.

Quote:2. TTA prides itself in freedom of speech. Very few things in here are taboo and everyone who wants their say gets to have it. Best thing about this place.

I'm not suggesting moderating the entire forum, just a single limited section. So everyone still gets to have their say. You know, anyone could start a thread to respond to something being said in the moderated section, no holds barred.

This forum, any forum, is never going to attract the most interesting writers on a topic if everything they post gets swamped in a small tidal wave of largely useless ego blurbs. So, in my reasoning, providing a corner of the forum that prevents that is in everyone's interest.

Quote:3. May I suggest you work on responding only to those posters who interest you?

Yes, this is a very good idea, and I'm working on it. I'm developing my ignore list, and this will prevent me from responding so often to the Blurbists, which accomplishing nothing but adding my own junk to the thread. I agree with this one, thanks.

Quote:4. Or start your own forum, short of that you’re not going to find what you are looking for.

I would start my own forum (I'm a forum software developer) but every time I raise these kind of suggestions on any forum they always get shot down with earnestness, so I suspect everyone who understands and agrees with me on this has already bailed on the forumosphere. Apparently I'm too dense to do so myself. Typoholic. :-)

Quote:5. Clever quips are the most fun to write. Yes

I don't have any objection to clever quips at the end of a thoughtful post that makes a good faith effort to add intelligently to the thread. No complaint there at all.

Thanks again, appreciate the input.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-12-2014, 05:28 PM
(25-12-2014 05:24 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(25-12-2014 05:18 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Yep, I saw an interaction between you two in another thread and Idea aha!! That damned pablo causing trouble again. Of course!! Tongue

Yea, I'm proud to be an ass. I practice a lot. Tongue

We need to start a support group for all of us "angry atheists". Thumbsup
No excuse.
I need to become a furious atheist.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
25-12-2014, 05:29 PM
I know you've got me on ignore, but I think you peek too.
You get what you give bubba. Big Grin
25-12-2014, 05:32 PM
Been here just over a week and already wants to change the forum to fit his vision. Don't see that happening - FC's #4 suggestion sounds like the perfect solution.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
25-12-2014, 05:43 PM
(25-12-2014 05:24 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  This forum, any forum, is never going to attract the most interesting writers on a topic if everything they post gets swamped in a small tidal wave of largely useless ego blurbs. So, in my reasoning, providing a corner of the forum that prevents that is in everyone's interest.

Not sure what you mean by this part. We have quite a few folks here who are very intellectually interesting writers, and many pages long threads of respectable and intelligent discussion.

The only threads that tend to get multiple silly or off topic posts were rubbish from the start. Drinking Beverage

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 7 users Like Smercury44's post
25-12-2014, 05:50 PM
(25-12-2014 05:24 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  This forum, any forum, is never going to attract the most interesting writers on a topic if everything they post gets swamped in a small tidal wave of largely useless ego blurbs. So, in my reasoning, providing a corner of the forum that prevents that is in everyone's interest.

Well I am here, ain't I? Drinking Beverage

Jokes aside (cough cough), there is already a corner that users, me included, have suggested to you. Thumbsup

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
25-12-2014, 05:50 PM
(25-12-2014 05:43 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Not sure what you mean by this part. We have quite a few folks here who are very intellectually interesting writers, and many pages long threads of respectable and intelligent discussion.

Ok, educate me. Who in your opinion are the best writers, and where are their threads?

If I can find what I'm looking for, I'll stop complaining about what I'm not interested in, and that would be good all around.
25-12-2014, 05:55 PM
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ark-Dreher

The best reading material here.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
25-12-2014, 05:58 PM

Your posts, any posts, are never going to attract the most interesting of writers on a topic if everything you post reeks of a small tidal wave of largely useless ego. So, in my reasoning, you providing any sort of engaging and non-condescending content to your posts would be in your best interest.

It would be a win\win for everybody. Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 7 users Like evenheathen's post
25-12-2014, 06:03 PM
(25-12-2014 05:58 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So, in my reasoning, you providing any sort of engaging and non-condescending content to your posts would be in your best interest.

I'm doing good on engaging, not so good on the other thing. :-)

But the other thing, condescension, would make a good thread in the right hands. Why do we care about that?