A Moderated Content Section?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2014, 06:34 PM
RE: A Moderated Content Section?
(25-12-2014 06:03 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(25-12-2014 05:58 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So, in my reasoning, you providing any sort of engaging and non-condescending content to your posts would be in your best interest.

I'm doing good on engaging, not so good on the other thing. :-)

But the other thing, condescension, would make a good thread in the right hands. Why do we care about that?

Do we?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-12-2014, 06:36 PM
If you don't like it I invite you to fuck off.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
25-12-2014, 06:40 PM
This forum is a pretty good mirror of what is written. You want intelligent conversation? Write intelligently. Civilized? Write civilly. You want people to care and consider what you have to say? Respond in kind.

Though there is anonymity in any forum we all get a pretty good sense on who is typing on the other side and if that person is sincere, sincerity is big with this crowd.

We’re not twelve year olds with tourrettes syndrome (though sometimes to an “outsider” it could seem that way), you might be surprised at the diversity here.

And always live by what has become our Golden Rule, Don’t be a dick.

Good luck.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
25-12-2014, 06:49 PM
Quote:We’re not twelve year olds with tourrettes syndrome

Speak for yourself! Angry

I'm a 12 year old suffering from tourettes in a 23 year old not suffering from tourettes body.
Don't discriminate against my identity or I'll so protest your ass and inconvenience your language by making it politically incorrect to explain my indenity with less than 8 syllables

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 8 users Like earmuffs's post
25-12-2014, 06:51 PM
(25-12-2014 06:40 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  This forum is a pretty good mirror of what is written. You want intelligent conversation? Write intelligently. Civilized? Write civilly. You want people to care and consider what you have to say? Respond in kind.

I have twenty years of almost daily experience with using forums.

Mindless thread clogging quipers don't care a bit whether you are polite or not, intelligent or not. All they care about is getting a quick ego boost for the least possible effort.

They aren't content to use Facebook and Twitter for this need, very successful huge sites designed specifically to serve blurby quipers. The blurbers insist on infecting every single social platform everywhere, and every social platform insists on including them.

It would be nice if there was ONE SITE anywhere on the net that decided to serve another audience.

Like for instance, why couldn't there be a site that was nothing but people like me posting little blurbs about the evils of blurbing? That would be so great! :-)
25-12-2014, 06:58 PM
I think he's angry because it only takes a short quip to shoot down a full page of his ramblings.
[+] 13 users Like pablo's post
25-12-2014, 07:01 PM
(25-12-2014 06:51 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(25-12-2014 06:40 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  This forum is a pretty good mirror of what is written. You want intelligent conversation? Write intelligently. Civilized? Write civilly. You want people to care and consider what you have to say? Respond in kind.

It would be nice if there was ONE SITE anywhere on the net that decided to serve another audience.

You claim the experience and you have a plan - go forth and create that forum.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
25-12-2014, 07:04 PM
(25-12-2014 06:51 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  

That explains a lot actually...

Get a life. Drinking Beverage

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
25-12-2014, 07:09 PM
(25-12-2014 05:07 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  1. We have a section called the Boxing Ring, only two people enter...one man leaves Big Grin

And then the other man leaves. Shamefaced and splattered with muck but none the worse for wear.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
25-12-2014, 07:10 PM
(25-12-2014 07:04 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(25-12-2014 06:51 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  I have twenty years of almost daily experience with using forums.

That explains a lot actually...

Get a life. Drinking Beverage

I think we've also now determined the common thread in the complaint he's laid out Drinking Beverage

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post