A Moderated Content Section?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2014, 07:53 PM
RE: A Moderated Content Section?
[Image: cheeseplatter.gif]

Discuss...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
27-12-2014, 07:57 PM
(27-12-2014 07:51 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  In case some of us don't know, the Ignore List feature in our user control panel is a pretty handy feature.

If a reader finds my posts unwelcome, just add me to your Ignore List. It takes less than 5 seconds, problem solved, once and for all, forever. Simple.

Believe me, there are so many people here that are too lazy/belligerent/inflammatory to accept that as a solution to not liking someone's posts that it'll make you wanna shoot yourself in the head.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
27-12-2014, 08:06 PM
(27-12-2014 07:57 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 07:51 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  In case some of us don't know, the Ignore List feature in our user control panel is a pretty handy feature.

If a reader finds my posts unwelcome, just add me to your Ignore List. It takes less than 5 seconds, problem solved, once and for all, forever. Simple.

Believe me, there are so many people here that are too lazy/belligerent/inflammatory to accept that as a solution to not liking someone's posts that it'll make you wanna shoot yourself in the head.

Aren't there limits to who can be put on ignore? For instance, I couldn't put you or moms or Stark on ignore?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

27-12-2014, 08:09 PM
(27-12-2014 08:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 07:57 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Believe me, there are so many people here that are too lazy/belligerent/inflammatory to accept that as a solution to not liking someone's posts that it'll make you wanna shoot yourself in the head.

Aren't there limits to who can be put on ignore? For instance, I couldn't put you or moms or Stark on ignore?
When I go to Hughsie's profile, it gives me the option to put him on ignore under his profile picture. I don't know if it's the same for you. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
27-12-2014, 08:11 PM
(27-12-2014 08:09 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 08:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Aren't there limits to who can be put on ignore? For instance, I couldn't put you or moms or Stark on ignore?
When I go to Hughsie's profile, it gives me the option to put him on ignore under his profile picture. I don't know if it's the same for you. Consider

I meant as a rule not a technical option on the forum. Sorry, I wasn't clear.

27-12-2014, 08:12 PM
(27-12-2014 07:57 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Believe me, there are so many people here that are too lazy/belligerent/inflammatory to accept that as a solution to not liking someone's posts that it'll make you wanna shoot yourself in the head.

Yea, I understand. Many people are seeking out content they hate, so that they can hate it.

Ok, it's their brain, their business. I can't claim to be totally immune from the sick syndrome myself, but I am working on it.

I coded my own forum software a few years back, and it's increasingly dawning on me that not including an ignore feature was a significant error, it really is a useful feature.

It helps me from responding to crap content with crap content of my own.
[+] 2 users Like Baba Bozo's post
27-12-2014, 08:14 PM
(27-12-2014 08:12 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  I coded my own forum software a few years back, and it's increasingly dawning on me that not including an ignore feature was a significant error, it really is a useful feature.

It helps me from responding to crap content with crap content of my own.

You put yourself on ignore. That's fucking brilliant. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-12-2014, 08:19 PM

You're missing the point. I don't use the ignore feature because that's not how I want my forum experience to roll. I'm interested in anything interesting you have to say, unfortunately the best you've done is badgered other members to start a conversation you haven't had the balls to start yourself yet.

I'd rather badger you back until you choose to play fair or until you simply leave. The choice is yours, as I and others have said this forum isn't for everyone and it's not nice to come in as a new guest and shit on the rug.

I rather like the rug, it really ties the room together.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 6 users Like evenheathen's post
27-12-2014, 09:04 PM
(27-12-2014 08:19 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I rather like the rug, it really ties the room together.

Well well comment on my shoes.

You're sweet to say that.

#sigh
27-12-2014, 09:15 PM
(27-12-2014 07:09 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  Where are the real experts on religions and atheism? They don't participate on forums, that's where. They don't participate because no one in the forumsphere can be bothered to serve their needs. Simple.

We have plenty of real experts on religion and atheism here. We have published authors, doctors, philosophers etc..so you assertion that "real experts" don't participate in forums is false. Simple.

I participate depending on my available time, mood and the quality of the post. Post peek-a-boo philosophical word games, not my cup of tea. Want to chew on some shrooms and come in here bloviating about your "unique" perspective on atheism, have at it, and the quality of your replies will be in direct relationship to your post. If a theist does a drive by screaming you are going to hell I am not going to put anymore effort than an intellectual back hand or two requires until he scurries away. Get someone who actually wants to have an intelligent conversation, you would be surprised at the quality of responses......search is your friend, lot of history around here. Don't get your feelings hurt if you come in here swinging your limp dick philosophies and we don't bother to engage you. A post does not automatically a discussion make. If I had more time and patience, I would consider dabbling with your philosophy as I do enjoy learning new perspectives...alas, I just don't have the time, or care at the moment. Happy holidays though, and enjoy your stay.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post