A New (?) One For The Junk Food Junkie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2016, 04:58 PM
A New (?) One For The Junk Food Junkie
I called around and asked a few people -- and nobody had heard of, had tried, or was willing to admit to trying this ----- so I decided that in the interest of science - this needed testing......

First off -- if you're one of those people who's idea of great food is boiled kale, and some spinach and broccoli salad --- just please kindly go away...........

This isn't for you..... Sure, you're healthy -- and someday - when you're dying for no apparent reason - don't blame me.... You brought it on yourself.....

But -- if salt, fat and sugar are your three food groups - stick around..........

Deep fried battered hot dogs.................

No shit..... I thought of this the other day -- out of the blue --- and realized I'd never had one ---- and goddamit --- I'm gonna try it before I check out for good.....................

It's simple

A deep fryer with good seasoned frying oil.

All beef hot dogs.

Drakes batter mix.

Mix the batter mix with water --- a bit thicker than you'd normally use for fish or chicken..... Drop the hot dogs in --- throw them in the deep fryer at 425 or so for 5 minutes -- till they float and the batter is browned..................

Let cool a few minutes......................

Sure - it's not fillet Mignon --- it's not supposed to be, smartass.... It's junk food..........................

But, damned if it doesn't smell like the county fair...................................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
03-06-2016, 05:02 PM
RE: A New (?) One For The Junk Food Junkie
(03-06-2016 04:58 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I called around and asked a few people -- and nobody had heard of, had tried, or was willing to admit to trying this ----- so I decided that in the interest of science - this needed testing......

First off -- if you're one of those people who's idea of great food is boiled kale, and some spinach and broccoli salad --- just please kindly go away...........

This isn't for you..... Sure, you're healthy -- and someday - when you're dying for no apparent reason - don't blame me.... You brought it on yourself.....

But -- if salt, fat and sugar are your three food groups - stick around..........

No shit..... I thought of this the other day -- out of the blue --- and realized I'd never had one ---- and goddamit --- I'm gonna try it before I check out for good.....................

It's simple

All beef hot dogs.

Drakes batter mix.

Mix the batter mix with water --- a bit thicker than you'd normally use for fish or chicken..... Drop the hot dogs in --- throw them in the deep fryer at 425 or so for 5 minutes -- till they float and the batter is browned..................

Sure - it's not fillet Mignon --- it's not supposed to be, smartass.... It's junk food..........................

But, damned if it doesn't smell like the county fair...................................

We call them corn dogs around here.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Never heard of it but I will certainly try it. Sounds delish...Smile

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
03-06-2016, 05:08 PM
(03-06-2016 05:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  We call them corn dogs around here.
That almost made me laugh out loud.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
03-06-2016, 05:08 PM
(03-06-2016 05:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-06-2016 04:58 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I called around and asked a few people -- and nobody had heard of, had tried, or was willing to admit to trying this ----- so I decided that in the interest of science - this needed testing......

It's simple

All beef hot dogs.

Drakes batter mix.

We call them corn dogs around here.

I've eaten a truckload of corndogs in my day....

this ain't that................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
03-06-2016, 06:01 PM
Pigs in a blanket....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
03-06-2016, 07:54 PM
(03-06-2016 06:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  Pigs in a blanket....

Nope... not that, either..........

This is a hot dog in a crisp, crunchy coating............

Not like a corn dog, or a pig in a blanket...............

It's .....

Different....

03-06-2016, 07:59 PM
These days I am not allowed certain junk foods. I first tried a battered hot dog on a stick in the 70's. I liked them. I prefered fish and chips though.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post