A New Tax Code Proposal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2011, 01:07 PM
A New Tax Code Proposal
Next couple of articles are going back to a fiscal/political slant.

Playing with the idea of a hybrid flat-progressive tax code. I think there might be merit to it, if only we didn't have impediments like politicians to screw it up Wink

Anyway, see what you think - comments always appreciated - love hearing the views of people smarter than me!

http://centersolid.blogspot.com/2011/05/...-code.html

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2011, 02:29 PM

RE: A New Tax Code Proposal
I wouldn't proffer myself to be smarter than you. My eyes crossed just reading that link wherein, "simple math..." appeared in a sentence. Tongue

However, as is typically human, I'm opinionated. So here goes.

List ~ The Taxes We Pay

I think income tax is tantamount to indentured servitude. Currency, it's value, it's dispersal into the public domain is all related to government control. Literally, the buck starts and stops with the Fed.
Income tax is requiring the working citizen to first earn a gross income for their labor and then, before they are permitted a net allowance/income for those labors, they must by law give back to the government what was theirs in the first place, in order for that working citizen to then be said to be making a legal living!
Filing Income Tax is said not to be mandatory. Rather, it is a matter of "voluntary compliance". However, it is an oxymoron to claim one can voluntarily comply!
Ergo, if one does not volunteer to comply the law says everything they have is subject to forfeiture, after seizure, after a freeze on all assets including bank accounts, so as to pay the debt.

So if one elects not to comply, voluntarily, they involuntarily surrender everything they thought they owned, because they worked for it.

Income tax should be abolished across the board for the working class. And Corporations should have to pay taxes, because they're in big business making what literally is defined as "income".
Whereas the working class citizen is in labor for a wage.

There are a lot of people who support income tax and the government, who think it's only right that we pay the wage to work for a living. I say, we have since 1913 and look what it's got us. And that's even if the 16th amendment, that made income tax a reality, was lawfully ratified all those years ago.

I think when two parent families, even those with just one child, barely see one another because they work shifts that cover the whole day's worth of time that's spent apart, because one spouse works night's and one day's so that one can always be at home with the child because daycare costs an arm and a leg. And then they have to budget still, so as to choose what they can afford for all that time spent making someone else richer for their labor, so as to buy the basic necessities first while something like a new toy is considered a luxury, and meanwhile Congress elects themselves a "cost of living" pay raise each year, then we've got our priorities a bit skewed to say the least.

When it's Government that should be budgeting, so as to work with what we give them what we labor for so as to have them take it and run the system so that it takes care of us and our national security. That's why the legend is, Government works for us.
While the reality is, we work for the government. And if we don't we live on the streets the tax payer paves, and that's if municipalities, towns, burghs and cities, haven't yet passed laws that make it a crime to beg for change so as to eat, live in cardboard boxes, under bridges, in alleys, in parks often while said to be trespassing, because it's all illegal, because it's all tax free!
Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2011, 03:18 PM
GK - very thoughtful and always providing something to think about!

And here I was thinking that I was thinking outside the box! I felt that I had fallen into the same trap of looking at the problem on the margins so I go to the heart of problem and throw out a new model and you come in and declare there is no problem - why are you bothering Wink

It does make you wonder how we ever had a functioning government prior to 1913. Obviously the federal government was smaller and had significantly less responsibilities - but I can't help but think that we have a 20th century government that is ill equipped to meet the challenges of today. I don't really think that these bands of morons in the space of 10 years have driven us to the brink out of sheer incompetence (although I'm not dismissing that as a possibility out of hand); rather, I think they applied the business as usual model to a country and economy whose complexity they barely can comprehend - what was "good enough" 30 years ago ain't going to cut it today. Unfortunately, we don't have brilliant minds in government seeking and applying solutions - we have bureaucrats that are trying to do a good job, but barely understand why they are doing what they do... Yikes, I'm starting to see Harold Campings motivations...Sad

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
17-05-2011, 05:53 PM

(17-05-2011 03:18 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  GK - very thoughtful and always providing something to think about!

And here I was thinking that I was thinking outside the box! I felt that I had fallen into the same trap of looking at the problem on the margins so I go to the heart of problem and throw out a new model and you come in and declare there is no problem - why are you bothering Wink
I thought my point or declaration was, we need to rescind the 16th amendment and rewrite so as to make corporations pay the freight so that the wage citizen keeps what they earn.

Then again, I've had better days where I'm much better at making my point. Confused

Quote:It does make you wonder how we ever had a functioning government prior to 1913. Obviously the federal government was smaller and had significantly less responsibilities - but I can't help but think that we have a 20th century government that is ill equipped to meet the challenges of today. I don't really think that these bands of morons in the space of 10 years have driven us to the brink out of sheer incompetence (although I'm not dismissing that as a possibility out of hand); rather, I think they applied the business as usual model to a country and economy whose complexity they barely can comprehend - what was "good enough" 30 years ago ain't going to cut it today. Unfortunately, we don't have brilliant minds in government seeking and applying solutions - we have bureaucrats that are trying to do a good job, but barely understand why they are doing what they do... Yikes, I'm starting to see Harold Campings motivations...Sad
A long time ago a great idea was lost. A government for the people and by the people. A model wherein power worked for the people. Now it's turned itself around, and with our permission even if it's only been garnered through apathy, which is bad enough.
To regain our former station is going to take work. But in truth it took work to lose it, so it's going to take work to get it back. I think we'll choose to put in the work when the political becomes personal enough. And I don't think that time is far off, though I do wonder now as massive and powerfully armed as government is, if we have the guts to go far enough. And if so, how far we'll chance to get.

Anyone up for doing the research to see what government and the governed were like pre-1913?
Yes, with more of a national population and as we've evolved in our technology, etc... there comes more responsibility in governing. However, one would think with all that we have to make things easier, it wouldn't be harder to get it right.

The Campings corollary is a perfect analogy to all this. Smile

Here we are 4 days from Saturday's Judgment and Rapture of the faithful. Go to his family radio website and front and center are trumpets, intending to herald on sight the coming of the Christ and the "infallible proof" it's all true. And if the flags on those horns are any indicator, as are the sightings of billboards and bus ad's around the U.S. and Canada, Camping's campaign is spreading world wide.
(And, if you click the address bar on Camping's home page, his project affords a drop down menu wherein the sheeple can read everything he promises is true, in more than a dozen different languages! Multi-Lingual Bogus! Gotta love the nerve!)

Just think! 4 more days and we won't have to worry about Gingrich on the 2012 ticket! Tongue Meanwhile, how many faithful feel the fear and trepidation wondering if they are indeed worthy of lift off on Saturday? No matter how devout, do they think they'll ascend with Jesus?

Meanwhile, right in front of them but to the left and last on the list, is proof if they but look and dare to see, that there is absolutely nothing to worry about. And Infallible proof, is instead, inevitable bullshit!

"PROJECT CARAVAN"
Recently updated, it describes Camping's plans for his on the road ministry with dates noted to occur...IN APRIL!
Cool

Just like in government, and the income tax code and amid those bureaucrats who proffer solutions to the problem of paying to earn a living. Flat tax, or otherwise, they know it is indeed like a shell game.
The powers that control the shells, bark to the marks who arrive at the table, thinking they can predict the final stop of the pea. And all the while they lay down their hard earned, hoping it'll all pay off. Meanwhile, the one that is certain to sit at the table and eat hearty, is the one with the fast hands and the clever mouth who can lead the mark to believe anything.
And it's all made possible because that Carny working the game is guaranteed by law their powers behind that table have no term limit. Just as long as marks trust them enough to approach and lay down their cash, that barker can last a lifetime. While the marks shall come and go.

I visited New Orleans some years ago right after Mardi Gras. A shell game kid probably all of 19 years old calls me over. I'd never played and thought it would be fun, so I lay down my cash, watch the shell dance and then pick. Of course, I won. So I let it ride and I played again. And I won again. And again. And again.
That wasn't suppose to happen. There comes a tap on this young man's shoulder and a guy much older who looked to be his brother, took his place.
I smiled, swiped up my cash pile and let him talk to my back as he begged and flirted for me to return, calling louder with every step I took.

See, I knew the scam but I chose to take the chance. I played the odds, bucked them and won. The way to beat the Carny is not to live up to his expectations regarding your need and greed.
17-05-2011, 06:15 PM
GK - totally got your point on the 16th Amendment - that was just my poor way of characterizing it.

My point was in spending all the time and effort trying to "fix" something that shouldn't even be in the first place. Smile

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
17-05-2011, 06:30 PM

(17-05-2011 06:15 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  GK - totally got your point on the 16th Amendment - that was just my poor way of characterizing it.

My point was in spending all the time and effort trying to "fix" something that shouldn't even be in the first place. Smile
I get ya. Wink And again, it's that shell game.
Income tax came about to get around the Constitutional barrier against...income taxes! Dodgy (LINK)

Prior to 1913, people stood a chance of being better off financially. If that were the case today, as in no income tax, imagine what today's debtor society, would really be like. Oh, I know! We'd run the government! Instead of the government running us.

Stands to reason then why government schools dumb down kids. And religion takes care of the rest.