A New World

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2011, 05:30 AM
A New World
I had kind of a strange dream last night, most likely fantasy/late night/caffeine induced.
I was the leader of a paramilitary group that had moved into Libya early on in the rebellion, sticking mostly to the southern parts to avoid conflict with Gadaffi's(spell?) forces. Then I and a small contingent of armoured vehicles went to the rebel controlled cities to negotiate with them, we took over a temporary role as leadership - bringing in food, tents & blankets/clothes, as well as fortifying the line between the rebels and Gadaffi's army. We helped better equip the defectors of Gadaffi's army and the citizens who wish to fight(there was a lot). Over the next couple months Libya was freed, and I gave them a choice, I could withdraw all my forces(taking back all the weapons we could reposes) or they could stay under our(my) leadership.
This dream has spurred me to begin righting the official document for integration into the dominion xD

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2011, 08:19 AM
RE: A New World
LOL dude, I want what you're smoking Tongue

I'm guessing you watch the news a lot - it could happen , a leadership desire in your subconscious.Besides , our generation has been force fed so much war in all forms of media , it's a great deal we grew up with.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
22-03-2011, 12:55 PM
It should happen. Theres so many countries in weekended states, all it would take is for some leaders to show a shred of human decency and combine it with a bit of healthy ambition.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

22-03-2011, 03:34 PM
True - but when put in a position of power humans tend to lose said decency.
I fear a "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" situation Sad

22-03-2011, 04:28 PM
As is the risk with any form of leadership.
I cannot say for sure what kind of a leader I'd be, but I can say with certainty. You'd be hearing a lot of propaganda Wink

22-03-2011, 04:29 PM
LOL - the cool WW2 style ? They had good propaganda back then.

22-03-2011, 04:32 PM
I remember a Canadian propaganda poster from WW2 "Lets catch Hitler with his 'panzers' down!"
you'd definitely hear radio broadcasts, if you've ever listened to the speeches President Eden in fallout 3 gave than you'll have a pretty good idea what you'd hear from me.

22-03-2011, 04:42 PM
I was more of a brotherhood kinda guy.
I loved Fallout Tactics and the opportunity to get Brotherhood armor was great.
Still , Enclave power armor was more similar to what the Brotherhood wore in that game Sad

Well , propaganda can easily loose effectiveness , just look at how skeptical people are of commercials today Tongue

22-03-2011, 04:45 PM
yea I like the brotherhood too, I just think Eden articulates his position a bit better.
Theres this quote about war "the people can always be brought to do the biding of the leader, just tell them their under attack and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism." I believe Hermann Goering.
The point is, there will always be people who agree with what the leader says, if the leader says you have to help group X for reason Y than you can pretty easily dismiss anyone who says otherwise with a bit of logic.

22-03-2011, 04:50 PM
True , politics is a bit of a problem and people tend to find a group they like and then they just follow suit.Conformism and all that.

Yea , that quote was Goering BTW.