A Perfect Example Of Religious Hate And The Bullshit Free Pass Our Society Gives It

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2014, 03:13 PM
RE: A Perfect Example Of Religious Hate And The Bullshit Free Pass Our Society Gives It
(24-06-2014 03:09 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 02:59 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  If theists come here and complain about how they are treated then yes they should leave.

Personally I am offended by nothing anyone says here so I would never leave this forum for that reason.

This only underlines the special privileges you think you're entitled to for being Christian.

You believe you have the right to be rude, arrogant, condescending, derogatory, insincere, untrustworthy, abrasive, use personal information people reveal about their lives against them, and still think you ought to be welcomed with open arms and respected despite your actions, for the mere reason you converted to Christianity because you couldn't behave morally on your own.

Heart

Couldn't have said it better myself (except I would have added my requisit "shoo fly").

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2014, 03:15 PM
RE: A Perfect Example Of Religious Hate And The Bullshit Free Pass Our Society Gives It
(24-06-2014 03:02 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 02:15 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  I noticed you used muslims rather than christians for your beat-down example.
Nice dodge.

We don't know the assault was committed by atheists, maybe it was xtians who didn't like him using xtianity for his hate. Or scientologists, everyone knows they're nuts! Big Grin

who cares who it was. if a Christian beats an atheist down for saying anything, it is unjustified assault and against the law.

I care, I don't like the assumptions and insinuations that this man was hit because it had anything to do with his beliefs. How do we even know johnny preacher didn't make the first contact? Maybe he hit someone and he got hit back.
All we know is that he got hit. Not why, or what the circumstances were.
All we know is he's a street preacher, so it made the news. Take that away and it doesn't even get mentioned.
The news trying to make it into a hate crime without any evidence at all. Sensationalistic journalism.
24-06-2014, 03:15 PM
(24-06-2014 02:57 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 02:46 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  At one point the racists -were- the "good christian folks". Remember? It took time for that to be frowned on by the majority and it will take time for this to change.

The racists mostly still are the "good Christian folks". The Bible Belt is by far and wide the most racist part of the U.S.

Luckily the south is not a representation of the whole country. I could never live down there.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
24-06-2014, 03:19 PM
(24-06-2014 03:09 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 02:59 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  If theists come here and complain about how they are treated then yes they should leave.

Personally I am offended by nothing anyone says here so I would never leave this forum for that reason.

This only underlines the special privileges you think you're entitled to for being Christian.

You believe you have the right to be rude, arrogant, condescending, derogatory, insincere, untrustworthy, abrasive, use personal information people reveal about their lives against them, and still think you ought to be welcomed with open arms and respected despite your actions, for the mere reason you converted to Christianity because you couldn't behave morally on your own.

Respect is earned. You don't become a respected disciple of Christ by hanging a crucifix around your neck and prosthelizing, any more than you become a car by sitting in a garage and making engine noises for long periods of time.

I do not expect for you to respect me. And I can agree with you. Wearing a crucifix and "proselytizing" does not make a person a respected disciple of Christ.

If I were on here saying what you wanted to hear you would have no problem with me.
24-06-2014, 03:26 PM
(24-06-2014 03:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 03:09 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  This only underlines the special privileges you think you're entitled to for being Christian.

Heart

Couldn't have said it better myself (except I would have added my requisit "shoo fly").

Once again, if I were on here saying the things you love to hear and agreeing with everything you say, you would have no problem with me.

Since I am not you resort to quips like: "shoo fly!"

Yea...
24-06-2014, 03:35 PM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2014 03:39 PM by Drunkin Druid.)
^^hows that saying go? It's not what you say...

Edited.
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
24-06-2014, 03:45 PM
(24-06-2014 03:26 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 03:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Heart

Once again, if I were on here saying the things you love to hear and agreeing with everything you say, you would have no problem with me.

Since I am not you resort to quips like: "shoo fly!"

Yea...

If your arguments had any merit, I wouldn't resort to shooing you like a fly.

We actually have had (past and present) theists here I would never say it to. I didn't agree with everything they said either, however they made a concerted effort to be more than a common troll and participated in pther areas of our communuty. Going further, we have had conspiracy driven atheists that I have told to shoo fly.

Regretably your ilk is far more common. I understand you're really here to troll and invite discourse and there's not much I can do about that. Still, it doesn't mean I have to accept you. When I say 'shoo fly' I'm dismissing you.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-06-2014, 04:21 PM
A Perfect Example Of Religious Hate And The Bullshit Free Pass Our Society Gives It
(24-06-2014 10:39 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  If you do not like living in a country that is predominately Christian, you have the choice of moving to a country that is not.
*predominantly

Was your spelling a Freudian slip? Consider

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
24-06-2014, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2014 05:04 PM by WindyCityJazz.)
(24-06-2014 03:35 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  ^^hows that saying go? It's not what you say...

Edited.

I thought I made my point quite clear in the original post, considering that most people seemed to get it. It was only after Jeremy tried to twist my words that some people were saying that I said that it was right for the preacher to be attacked. If I need to clarify this further in my original post, then I will make an addition to it to specify over again what I am saying.

EDIT: Original post has now been added onto to clarify my point even more. I hope this will be enough to get my point across.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
24-06-2014, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2014 05:50 PM by WindyCityJazz.)
(24-06-2014 03:02 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 02:15 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  I noticed you used muslims rather than christians for your beat-down example.
Nice dodge.

We don't know the assault was committed by atheists, maybe it was xtians who didn't like him using xtianity for his hate. Or scientologists, everyone knows they're nuts! Big Grin

who cares who it was. if a Christian beats an atheist down for saying anything, it is unjustified assault and against the law.

I've already made it clear that I never condoned assault. I criticized the fact that somebody who is attacked while preaching hatred for religious reasons is given a free pass when it comes to criticism, while the same would never happen for a person who was attacked while preaching hatred due to racist beliefs.

Of course, you ignored how I called you out on your hypocritical bullshit in posts 31 and 33 , and instead try to continue to twist the words of my first post again.

Tell you what, Jeremy; I'll ask you two simple questions that only require a yes or no answer. Just answer "yes" or "no". Don't try to dance around the question or move the goalposts. Just answer with "yes" or "no". Let us see if you are capable of doing that:

Question 1: Do you think it is fair that the media left out the fact that the Christian preacher who was assaulted was doing it while preaching hate against people who do not agree with him, especially homosexuals, and that he makes personal insults at people as they walk by him?

Question 2: Do you think it would be fair if the media reported about a man being assaulted, but left out the fact that the man was assaulted while preaching hate against black people?

Let's see if you have the guts to answer those questions with a "yes" or "no" answer, or if you are going to try to dance around them, or just ignore them because you don't have the guts to answer them.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes WindyCityJazz's post