A Perfect Example Of Religious Hate And The Bullshit Free Pass Our Society Gives It

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2014, 06:05 PM
RE: A Perfect Example Of Religious Hate And The Bullshit Free Pass Our Society Gives It
(24-06-2014 05:30 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Question 1: Do you think it is fair that the media left out the fact that the Christian preacher who was assaulted was doing it while preaching hate against people who do not agree with him, especially homosexuals, and that he makes personal insults at people as they walk by him?

I do not know enough about the incident to make that determination. I know enough to say that he was a victim of an assault.

(24-06-2014 05:30 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Question 2: Do you think it would be fair if the media reported about a man being assaulted, but left out the fact that the man was assaulted while preaching hate against black people?

Yes it would be unfair.

Can I ask you a question?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2014, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2014 06:58 PM by WindyCityJazz.)
RE: A Perfect Example Of Religious Hate And The Bullshit Free Pass Our Society Gives It
(24-06-2014 06:05 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 05:30 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Question 1: Do you think it is fair that the media left out the fact that the Christian preacher who was assaulted was doing it while preaching hate against people who do not agree with him, especially homosexuals, and that he makes personal insults at people as they walk by him?

I do not know enough about the incident to make that determination. I know enough to say that he was a victim of an assault.

(24-06-2014 05:30 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Question 2: Do you think it would be fair if the media reported about a man being assaulted, but left out the fact that the man was assaulted while preaching hate against black people?

Yes it would be unfair.

Of course you avoided Question 1, as I expected. Preaching hate is what this man does, so it's not even a question of was he doing it at the time. So, let me rephrase it for you:

Do you think it would be unfair if the media reported about a Christian preacher being assaulted, but left out the fact that the preacher was assaulted while preaching hate against people who do not agree with him, especially homosexuals, and making personal insults at people as they walk by him?

We'll make it hypothetical, just like Question 2 was, just so that you can't try to squirm out of it again.

Answer that question and then you can ask me your question.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes WindyCityJazz's post
24-06-2014, 06:44 PM
(24-06-2014 06:21 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 06:05 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I do not know enough about the incident to make that determination. I know enough to say that he was a victim of an assault.

Yes it would be unfair.

Of course you avoided Question 1, as I expected. Preaching hate is what this man does, so it's not even a question of was he doing it at the time. So, let me rephrase it for you:

Do you think it would be unfair if the media reported about a Christian preacher being assaulted, but left out the fact that the preacher was assaulted while preaching hate against people who do not agree with him, especially homosexuals, and making personal insults at people as they walk by him?

I have a feeling it might be his bedtime again.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
24-06-2014, 06:57 PM
(24-06-2014 06:21 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 06:05 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I do not know enough about the incident to make that determination. I know enough to say that he was a victim of an assault.

Yes it would be unfair.

Yes it would be unfair to not present the whole story but only part of it.

Now may I ask you a question?
24-06-2014, 07:00 PM
(24-06-2014 06:57 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 06:21 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Of course you avoided Question 1, as I expected. Preaching hate is what this man does, so it's not even a question of was he doing it at the time. So, let me rephrase it for you:

Yes it would be unfair to not present the whole story but only part of it.

Ok, now that you have confirmed that my point in my original post is valid, you may ask your question.

24-06-2014, 07:00 PM
A Perfect Example Of Religious Hate And The Bullshit Free Pass Our Society Gives It
Couldn't help myself.

[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
24-06-2014, 07:02 PM
(24-06-2014 07:00 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 06:57 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Yes it would be unfair to not present the whole story but only part of it.

Ok, now that you have confirmed that my point in my original post is valid, you may ask your question.

You are an atheist, correct?
24-06-2014, 07:03 PM
(24-06-2014 07:02 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 07:00 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Ok, now that you have confirmed that my point in my original post is valid, you may ask your question.

You are an atheist, correct?

Yes. That was easy.

24-06-2014, 07:05 PM
(24-06-2014 07:03 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 07:02 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  You are an atheist, correct?

Yes. That was easy.

Can I ask you another question?
24-06-2014, 07:07 PM
(24-06-2014 07:05 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(24-06-2014 07:03 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Yes. That was easy.

Can I ask you another question?

Nope.
[+] 3 users Like Leo's post