A Prayer for Boston and for Us All

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 1 Average
15-04-2013, 11:57 PM

A Prayer for Boston and for Us All
Dear Father,

Today You had it in Your plan that many at the Boston Marathon should experience a terrorist attack. There have been injuries; some have gone home, and still more may cross over to You. We accept in faith that Your plan will be revealed to us in time, but until then we pray for the rapid healing of those who will live, the glory of heaven for those who have gone home, and the courage as a nation to act with the power of Christ against those who have wrought these evil deeds.

If there is a lesson to be learned, we want the wisdom. If there is love to be shown, we want to be its instrument. If good can come in the face of disaster, we will wait for it, but if war has come again, may we exact Your perfect wrath upon those who have harmed the innocent.

Place upon the heads of those who suffer now and those who mourn Your perfect peace, dear Lord. Let nothing be in vain.

In the name of Christ, we pray. Amen
Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2013, 12:06 AM
RE: A Prayer for Boston and for Us All
You missed out the tens of thousands of people that will die today because of preventable disease and war.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like earmuffs's post
16-04-2013, 12:35 AM
See, this is precisely why I firmly believe that Egor just comes here to rub shit in our faces.

"Oh man, couple of bombs went off and a bunch of people died. Better run and tell the atheists that I'm praying."

The fuck, Egor. Srsly. Dodgy

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like Misanthropik's post
16-04-2013, 02:10 AM
(15-04-2013 11:57 PM)Egor Wrote:  Dear Father,

Today You had it in Your plan that many at the Boston Marathon should experience a terrorist attack. There have been injuries; some have gone home, and still more may cross over to You. We accept in faith that Your plan will be revealed to us in time, but until then we pray for the rapid healing of those who will live, the glory of heaven for those who have gone home, and the courage as a nation to act with the power of Christ against those who have wrought these evil deeds.

If there is a lesson to be learned, we want the wisdom. If there is love to be shown, we want to be its instrument. If good can come in the face of disaster, we will wait for it, but if war has come again, may we exact Your perfect wrath upon those who have harmed the innocent.

Place upon the heads of those who suffer now and those who mourn Your perfect peace, dear Lord. Let nothing be in vain.

Didn't Jesus say something about praying in private, and the pharisees praying loudly and proudly to create a public spectacle.

:consider:

I definately remember reading something along those lines in the new testament back in the day when I was Christian.
[+] 14 users Like DeepThought's post
16-04-2013, 02:13 AM
Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ (VGJC) - Chapter Seven, verse 4-5:
4. “When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray in public where people see them. In truth, I tell you, the notice of others is their only reward.

5. “But when you pray, go into your inner room, close the door, and pray to your Father who is in there with you, and your Father who sees what is done in secret places will reward you.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 22 users Like Vosur's post
16-04-2013, 02:23 AM
(15-04-2013 11:57 PM)Egor Wrote:  Dear Father,

Hey Egor, if I cant wish you merry christmas without you telling me Ive no right. By the same token, you cant include me in your "we pray".

And where exactly do you get off calling anyone innocent, dont you believe everyone is mired in sin?

Id say your using double standards, but I very much doubt you have any to multiply.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
[+] 1 user Likes Humakt's post
16-04-2013, 05:53 AM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2013 06:56 AM by Bucky Ball.)
A prayer ? So your god doesn't already know what she wants to do ? God is a mother, not a father, BTW.
A plan ? How many plans does she have ?
If everyone has "free will", then multiply the possible plans. There are billions of people with many possibilities. How many "plans" would that make ? A googleplex ?
Lots of planning there. Of course, the gods have a plan.
And out of the other end, (their ass), they say humans have "free will". Right.
Can't have it both ways, Egor. Which is it ?
Such childish crap by someone who NEEDS, above all to find the *reason* in the gods.
Tell your god thanks for killing that 8 year old, and her wonderful "plan".
Keep your prayers to yourself.
We know Egor is a secret atheist.
Some day he will grow the balls to admit it, first to himself, then to the world.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
16-04-2013, 11:05 AM
I'm not one to talk about liking parts of the bible, but I do appreciate the bit about praying in private, since they believe god can hear you perfectly fine without making a spectacle of yourself. It seems to me that a lot of people disregard that part, though.
16-04-2013, 11:41 AM
(16-04-2013 12:06 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You missed out the tens of thousands of people that will die today because of preventable disease and war.
And prejudice, and corporate greed. Though I suppose those can be logically categorized under the label of disease.
16-04-2013, 12:12 PM
What is the point of this?

Why are you posting this here, Ed?

You, as much as anyone, should know it's not only pointless to post this but also insulting.

Atheists don't care about prayers... and if I may be so bold to say... they certainly don't care about, or even hate, the prayers that come from you.

Consider what Jesus said in Matthew 6:

1“Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven.

5 “When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. 6 But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

You have spoken out against my practice of not preaching here... even though I am not called to preach; likewise, I've have spoken out against your preaching here... even though you are called to preach.

Here is the issue I have:

Are you furthering or hindering the kingdom of Christ? Are you being like Christ?

I think your reputation alone speaks for itself. You are not well liked mainly because of 1) your approached and 2) your attitude.

Jesus was well liked... and followed... you are not. Maybe it's time to reconsider what you are doing.

I don't preach because atheists have usually made the decision to leave religion. There isn't anything I need to tell them or say to them that they don't know. I'll leave the changing to God.

People are well aware that I'm a Christian... so, if they want to discuss Christ with me, they are free to do so. Pressuring anyone and shoving your message down people's throats is a sure way to create hostility... which you have done...

...and what you're continuing to do with this "prayer".

To me, it seems, the only purpose of this "prayer" was to instigate and piss people off... ultimately, turning them away from Christ.

I don't understand why you don't understand.

Being bold in your beliefs doesn't involve pretty much anything you do. You're not bold in Christ... you're abrasive in Christ.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 7 users Like kingschosen's post