A Prayer for Boston and for Us All

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 1 Average
18-04-2013, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2013 04:00 PM by Joh.)
RE: A Prayer for Boston and for Us All
(18-04-2013 10:05 AM)Egor Wrote:  What better knowledge?

This god does not make sense in light of everything I know about this world. It's not logical, it's not supported by evidence etc. I cannot just chose to overlook that.

(18-04-2013 10:05 AM)Egor Wrote:  You're talking in contradictions. The imperfections you seek are part of the "beauty," which is a perfection

No, you are making a contradiction now. You're saying imperfection is perfection...

Can you elaborate on that? Are you saying that the universe is perfect and everything in it is perfect? Or that everything you personally consider beautiful is perfect? Or something else?

(18-04-2013 10:05 AM)Egor Wrote:  Your mind is not gonig to die. It can't. God may be able to destroy it, but even then, it becomes a memory that can be relived at any time (so it's more like a Facebook account you can never get rid of but can only deactivate). Heaven is not like the Cro-Magnon Christians describe. It is like a lucid dream you never wake up from. If it exists, it necessarily has to be like that. Otherwise your statement would be 100% true: Eternity in heaven is hell.

How do you know that my mind is not going to end when I die? How do you know what heaven is like? How do you know that you are right and everyone else is wrong about it? And how is a lucid dream you never wake up from not hell!?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Joh's post
18-04-2013, 04:32 PM
I don't like prayer, I loathe the "Pray for Texas" and "Boston" messages because I feel that it won't do something. The thought's nice, but thinking doesn't always change things, you have to do something.

But do you even mean what you say Egor? You're insulting, like the WBC. You're free to pray but what was the point of posting this here? To get a reaction? Post it on your little website (or make another one) or your facebook. Y'know, where people don't know about your shit.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
18-04-2013, 11:05 PM

Finally, some questions worth answering. It only takes six months of posts in this forum to get to them.

So, here we go...

(18-04-2013 12:47 PM)Joh Wrote:  This god does not make sense in light of everything I know about this world. It's not logical, it's not supported by evidence etc. I cannot just chose to overlook that.

You’re right. The Cro-Magnon Christian version of God is an absurdity. So, then, that is not God. They are wrong, and if the Vatican palace wasn’t enough to prove it, I don’t know what is. God is not what they say He is, but I wonder if you have the b… the intestinal fortitude to really look at what God really is?

You say God’s not real, but what if you’re not real and God is. What if God is all there is, and you are just the equivalent of a dream character in His lucid dream? Speculation? No. Reality—finally, reality.

I say God is the fundamental monistic consciousness. He is all that has ever existed in reality and He is utterly alone in that. He is the dreamer of you and me.

Let’s debate that version of God and let the ancient Christian version go the way of Zeus and Apollo.

(18-04-2013 10:05 AM)Egor Wrote:  Can you elaborate on that? Are you saying that the universe is perfect and everything in it is perfect? Or that everything you personally consider beautiful is perfect? Or something else?

I’m saying the universe is what God thinks it needs to be in order to grow souls into Christ. And that’s all this game is about.

Perfection? Perfection is only seen when God looks in a mirror. We are supposed to be His mirror.

Quote:How do you know that my mind is not going to end when I die? How do you know what heaven is like? How do you know that you are right and everyone else is wrong about it? And how is a lucid dream you never wake up from not hell!?

I know the mind doesn’t die with the body, because there are examples of mind without any physical possibility: psi experience (which I have had on several occasions), near death experiences, one-celled protozoa with no nervous system whatsoever that move around with will and can be trained, memory, itself—just think about it, dreams with no connection to us psychologically, instincts in animals, the human mind’s capabilities in a world of animals that there is simply no comparison to, the observer we all have that listens and watches us think (I was knocked unconscious once in a fall while ice climbing, and that observer was still there—nothing else, just the observer.

Heaven has to be like a lucid dream, because the human purpose has to be Christ, and Christ has to be God conscious of Himself from within his creation. The only way we could fully mature as Christ is to have a lucid dream that went on long enough for us to gain the experience and wisdom that come from using the powers that we have in a lucid dream . If heaven is not like a lucid dream, then we cannot truly have what we want. If we can’t, then it would eventually become a hell like you say.

And I know I’m right, because God has been talking to me since I was nine years old, and I know with absolute certainty that He is real, that He talks to me, and that He has revealed these things to me. In short, I am certain. I may not be able to make you certain, but that doesn’t change anything—I know I’m right.
Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2013, 11:07 PM
Pantheism is absurd.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
18-04-2013, 11:12 PM

(18-04-2013 04:32 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  I don't like prayer, I loathe the "Pray for Texas" and "Boston" messages because I feel that it won't do something. The thought's nice, but thinking doesn't always change things, you have to do something. [/quoute]

You can't do anything. There's nothing you can do to make it go away or make it better. All you can do is pray and let God answer those prayers. Let go, and let God. You pray, you put your trust in God and you have a little backbone in faith. And with that you can move forward.

Eventually, you're going to have to face the fact that without faith, you can't live in this life. If there's no God that gives a damn about you, then you are existentially lost and death is the only thing worth hoping for.

[quote]But do you even mean what you say Egor? You're insulting, like the WBC. You're free to pray but what was the point of posting this here? To get a reaction? Post it on your little website (or make another one) or your facebook. Y'know, where people don't know about your shit.

I'll pray for people wherever I want to pray for people, and you don't have to like it with your neg-head atheist skepticism. What you like is irrelevant because what you like is killing you. And if you're right, and there is no God, then it doesn't hurt a thing who I pray for or where I pray.

You're just going to have to deal with it, aren't you?
18-04-2013, 11:13 PM

(18-04-2013 11:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Pantheism is absurd.

Like you would know. Laughat

Besides, I'm not a pantheist. I'm technically an acosmic monist. Look it up on Google.
18-04-2013, 11:21 PM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2013 11:29 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(18-04-2013 11:13 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 11:07 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Pantheism is absurd.

Like you would know. Laughat

Besides, I'm not a pantheist. I'm technically an acosmic monist. Look it up on Google.

Same thing.
You forgot to tell us what exactly the difference is.
You actually think your wife and kid are an illusion ?
As usual you never answer anything.
Just do your smart-ass retorts.
You just said "what if everything that is, is god".
That's called Pantheism.
You can't even describe what you say you are, or tell the difference between that and something else, Brother Ed, from the Church of the Green Dick.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantheism

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
19-04-2013, 12:56 AM

(18-04-2013 11:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 11:13 PM)Egor Wrote:  Like you would know. Laughat

Same thing.
That's called Pantheism.
You can't even describe what you say you are, or tell the difference between that and something else, Brother Ed, from the Church of the Green Dick.

Don't insult me and then beg me to teach you something. I don't need to give you any answers. Teaching you this simple stuff does nothing for me--nothing.

You just post your crap, and I'll just ignore it. You don't get any answers. You just get to read the answers I give to the real people, the normal people, the people who have not lost all their civility to atheism. You just hold your breath for a while.
19-04-2013, 01:02 AM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 05:20 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(19-04-2013 12:56 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(18-04-2013 11:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Same thing.
That's called Pantheism.

Don't insult me and then beg me to teach you something. I don't need to give you any answers. Teaching you this simple stuff does nothing for me--nothing.

You just post your crap, and I'll just ignore it. You don't get any answers. You just get to read the answers I give to the real people, the normal people, the people who have not lost all their civility to atheism. You just hold your breath for a while.

Ah yes. Brother Ed, the chaplain in chief, or the dick-in-chief, acting all Jebus-like. Telling people to hold their breath. How lovely. Religion sure has done him a lot of good, hasn't it ?

The fact is, you CAN'T give any answers. You never have. All you do is react with hostility when confronted with your illogical garbage. I'm not asking or expecting anything from the likes of you. You couldn't teach anything if you tried. You have proven over and over and over your inability to actually engage in anything, or intelligent discussion. You're huring insults, as usual, and evading answering anything. Your usual. You do nothing for anyone here, Brutu Ed. You're not "superior" You're pathetic.
So you're being "Jebus-like, and telling people to hold their breath.
You fucking hypocrite.
You can take your religion and shove it.

"You say God’s not real, but what if you’re not real and God is. What if God is all there is, and you are just the equivalent of a dream character in His lucid dream? Speculation? No. Reality—finally, reality.

I say God is the fundamental monistic consciousness. He is all that has ever existed in reality and He is utterly alone in that. He is the dreamer of you and me."

Nothing is the way you assert it to be, just because you assert it so. The moon is made of green cheese. What if you are the Flying Purple People Eater ? What if anything. You never provide a shred of evidence. No empirical evidence. No logical evidence. No philosophical evidence. You don't even try. Just bullshit assertions. You rant. You insult. You say "reality" is YOUR reality. You really are mentally ill. Seriously. Really. Delusionally. Mentally fucked up.

If your god "dreamed" reality, then she had a seriously bad dream. All that pain and evil, and suffering. And you say it's all a dream. You tell your wife and kid they are dreams.
Idiot.

19-04-2013, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 12:05 PM by Heathen.)
(17-04-2013 10:51 PM)Egor Wrote:  Ask one question. Don't throw three or four at me so I have to write a book if I'm going to respond to you. I don't remember what you posted or why I didn't respond, so just start over with one question, and I'll be glad to give it my best shot or tell you "I don't know."

You have had a lot thrown at you so I've cleaned up the exchange so that you can see it more clearly. I truly am interested in what you have to say:

(16-04-2013 08:32 PM)Heathen Wrote:  Since your god decided who would be hit by shrapnel and who would be missed, why would you pray for those who he chose to maim or kill? This was god's plan after all.

And no prayer for the souls who may be burning in hell? No christian compassion for them? Seems to me that they need it the most.

Why pray for understanding of this? God will either reveal it to you or he won't. Are you attempting to sway his decision or something?

(16-04-2013 04:45 PM)Egor Wrote:  What do you think prayer is? Assuming God exists, there is no need for us to actually pray to Him; He knows what we need and want. So who is prayer for? Prayers aren't magic spells, you know.

(16-04-2013 02:39 PM)Heathen Wrote:  I don't have any an answers to that, despite praying for 20 years. I decided that it was pointless. That was one part in my becoming an atheist. Can you answer those questions? I can't, but if you can give me an answer, I'm all ears.

(16-04-2013 08:32 PM)Heathen Wrote:  I'm surprised that I haven't had a reply to this. Is it perhaps because you don't have any answers either? It's fine if you don't. It's just that since you are the one doing the praying I just assumed that you had an opinion on the subject.

(17-04-2013 10:51 PM)Egor Wrote:  Ask one question. Don't throw three or four at me so I have to write a book if I'm going to respond to you. I don't remember what you posted or why I didn't respond, so just start over with one question, and I'll be glad to give it my best shot or tell you "I don't know."

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume