A Prayer for Boston and for Us All

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 1 Average
19-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Re: A Prayer for Boston and for Us All
You day you are trying to be perfect or wish to achieve it... No wonder you constantly come off as the most arrogant person on this board.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 10:53 PM
RE: A Prayer for Boston and for Us All
(19-04-2013 09:14 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  You day you are trying to be perfect or wish to achieve it... No wonder you constantly come off as the most arrogant person on this board.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbvHVwGv3Gaj_Ysfusksb...UNZnGFTEnd]

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes Heathen's post
20-04-2013, 04:51 PM
(15-04-2013 11:57 PM)Egor Wrote:  Dear Father,

Today You had it in Your plan that many at the Boston Marathon should experience a terrorist attack. There have been injuries; some have gone home, and still more may cross over to You. We accept in faith that Your plan will be revealed to us in time, but until then we pray for the rapid healing of those who will live, the glory of heaven for those who have gone home, and the courage as a nation to act with the power of Christ against those who have wrought these evil deeds.

If there is a lesson to be learned, we want the wisdom. If there is love to be shown, we want to be its instrument. If good can come in the face of disaster, we will wait for it, but if war has come again, may we exact Your perfect wrath upon those who have harmed the innocent.

Place upon the heads of those who suffer now and those who mourn Your perfect peace, dear Lord. Let nothing be in vain.

In the name of Christ, we pray. Amen

If you wanted to do something real Egor, you would help those victims. Give them a donation, talk to them, give them an ear, but do not insult them with religious platitudes.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
20-04-2013, 04:59 PM
(20-04-2013 04:51 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 11:57 PM)Egor Wrote:  Dear Father,

Today You had it in Your plan that many at the Boston Marathon should experience a terrorist attack. There have been injuries; some have gone home, and still more may cross over to You. We accept in faith that Your plan will be revealed to us in time, but until then we pray for the rapid healing of those who will live, the glory of heaven for those who have gone home, and the courage as a nation to act with the power of Christ against those who have wrought these evil deeds.

If there is a lesson to be learned, we want the wisdom. If there is love to be shown, we want to be its instrument. If good can come in the face of disaster, we will wait for it, but if war has come again, may we exact Your perfect wrath upon those who have harmed the innocent.

Place upon the heads of those who suffer now and those who mourn Your perfect peace, dear Lord. Let nothing be in vain.

In the name of Christ, we pray. Amen

If you wanted to do something real Egor, you would help those victims. Give them a donation, talk to them, give them an ear, but do not insult them with religious platitudes.

Religion is what got them killed and injured. Fuck your religion.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
20-04-2013, 05:17 PM
(20-04-2013 04:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-04-2013 04:51 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  If you wanted to do something real Egor, you would help those victims. Give them a donation, talk to them, give them an ear, but do not insult them with religious platitudes.

Religion is what got them killed and injured. Fuck your religion.

I agree with that, but I'm an atheist. I hope that was for Egor...

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
20-04-2013, 05:23 PM
(20-04-2013 05:17 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(20-04-2013 04:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  Religion is what got them killed and injured. Fuck your religion.

I agree with that, but I'm an atheist. I hope that was for Egor...

Sorry for the confusion. Of course that was meant for Ego.

I was so fucking annoyed at him that I hit "New Reply" instead of "Reply".

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-04-2013, 05:03 AM
(20-04-2013 05:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-04-2013 05:17 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I agree with that, but I'm an atheist. I hope that was for Egor...

Sorry for the confusion. Of course that was meant for Ego.

I was so fucking annoyed at him that I hit "New Reply" instead of "Reply".

Considering you hit "Reply" instead of "New Reply," I'd say you're still annoyed. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
22-04-2013, 01:52 PM

(20-04-2013 04:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  Religion is what got them killed and injured. Fuck your religion.

Your atheism is what got them killed. Islam is a form of atheism. There is no difference between believing in a God that does not exist and not believing in God at all, and the results are the same--the devaluation of human life.
Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2013, 01:56 PM
(22-04-2013 01:52 PM)Egor Wrote:  Your atheism is what got them killed. Islam is a form of atheism. There is no difference between believing in a God that does not exist and not believing in God at all, and the results are the same--the devaluation of human life.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
22-04-2013, 02:06 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2013 10:26 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(22-04-2013 01:52 PM)Egor Wrote:  

Your atheism is what got them killed. Islam is a form of atheism. There is no difference between believing in a God that does not exist and not believing in God at all, and the results are the same--the devaluation of human life.

Said the sad little deluded man who lives all alone in his own little world, all alone in his own little church, with his own little god.
He could define anything to be anything at this rate.
The thing is he is COMPLETELY FEARFUL of his own atheism, thus he demonizes what he is fearful in himself, at every turn.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post