A Prayer for Boston and for Us All

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 1 Average
22-04-2013, 02:11 PM
RE: A Prayer for Boston and for Us All
(22-04-2013 01:52 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(20-04-2013 04:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  Religion is what got them killed and injured. Fuck your religion.

Your atheism is what got them killed. Islam is a form of atheism. There is no difference between believing in a God that does not exist and not believing in God at all, and the results are the same--the devaluation of human life.

So you're an atheist too by your definition.

You are also delusional.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
22-04-2013, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2013 05:42 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-04-2013 02:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 01:52 PM)Egor Wrote:  Your atheism is what got them killed. Islam is a form of atheism. There is no difference between believing in a God that does not exist and not believing in God at all, and the results are the same--the devaluation of human life.

So you're an atheist too by your definition.

Given that all of the Abrahamic religions: Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Bahá'í Faith, some smaller ones, believe in the same goddam God, if "there is no difference between believing in a God that does not exist and not believing in God at all" (which in and of itself is yet another logical absurdity demonstrating once again that Ego® has all of the reasoning capacity of a small child), and there is no difference between the God of Islam and the God of Christianity, and the God of Islam does not exist, then Ego® is by his own admission, an atheist.

(22-04-2013 02:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are also delusional.

No, that's not it. Delusional I can tolerate, even appreciate if it serves a useful purpose. HoC is delusional, KC is delusional. Their delusions serve a practical purpose. Hell I can even tolerate fools, they're usually just silly and entertaining. But arrogant fucking idiots who have no clue as to the logical implications of their own arguments yet are persuaded by them nonetheless, well they warrant my derision and ridicule, if only for my own amusement.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Islam Def:
Islām (Arabic الإسلام, "submission (to God)") is a monotheistic faith and the world's second-largest religion. Followers of Islam, known as Muslims, believe that God (or, in Arabic, Allāh) revealed His Will to Muhammad (c. 570–632) and other prophets, including Adam, Abraham, Moses, and Jesus. However, that which was revealed to Muhammad was considered to be the final and ultimate revelation, and corrective of Jewish and Christian traditions. The Muslims hold that the main written record of revelation to mankind is the Qur'an.
In Arabic, Islām means "submission" and is described as a Dīn, meaning "way of life" and/or "religion." Etymologically, it is derived from the same root as, for example, Salām meaning "peace" (also a common salutation). The word Muslim is also related to the word Islām and means "one who surrenders" or "submits" to God, or a "vassal" of God.
Muslims hold that it is essentially the same belief as that of all the messengers sent by God to mankind since Adam, with the Qur'ān (the one definitive text of the Muslim faith) codifying the final revelation of God. Islam sees Judaism and Christianity as derivations of the teachings of certain of these prophets - notably Abraham - and therefore see them as fellow Abrahamic religions, and People of the Book. Unlike Christianity, Islam has not undergone any period of reformation; however, that is essentially the goal of various liberal movements within Islam. Islam has two primary branches of belief, based largely on a historical disagreement over the succession of authority after Muhammad's death; these are known as Sunnite and Shi'ite.

(Because some *cough*egor*cough* don't know what it means.)

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
22-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Hey Egor. Post #100 on page 10. This is my fourth attempt at getting an answer. I figured you would have come up with "something" by now. Wink

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
22-04-2013, 10:00 PM
(22-04-2013 05:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 02:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  So you're an atheist too by your definition.

Given that all of the Abrahamic religions: Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Bahá'í Faith, some smaller ones, believe in the same goddam God, if "there is no difference between believing in a God that does not exist and not believing in God at all" (which in and of itself is yet another logical absurdity demonstrating once again that Ego® has all of the reasoning capacity of a small child), and there is no difference between the God of Islam and the God of Christianity, and the God of Islam does not exist, then Ego® is by his own admission, an atheist.

That's what he's afraid of admitting. He knows it on some level. It's why he's so vehement in working against atheists. He's like the extreme homophobic preacher. Ya just know they're gay, and can't admit it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
22-04-2013, 10:58 PM

(22-04-2013 09:44 PM)Heathen Wrote:  Hey Egor. Post #100 on page 10. This is my fourth attempt at getting an answer. I figured you would have come up with "something" by now. Wink

I assume this is your question:

Quote:Since your god decided who would be hit by shrapnel and who would be missed, why would you pray for those who he chose to maim or kill? This was god's plan after all.

And no prayer for the souls who may be burning in hell? No christian compassion for them? Seems to me that they need it the most.

Why pray for understanding of this? God will either reveal it to you or he won't. Are you attempting to sway his decision or something?

So, this is my answer, and if after this you continue to go on about me not answering your question, I'm just going to ignore you.

An argument can be made that there is no reason to pray at all. God is omniscient, and omnipotent, and omnipresent, and He made this world the way He did to play out in a certain way that we are not fully aware of. Even Jesus Christ didn't seem to be fully aware of it.

But, Jesus indicated that we can change the Father's mind through prayer.

Suppose one of you has a friend, and you go to that friend at midnight and say to him, ‘Friend, lend me some food from your stores, because a companion of mine has come to me from a journey, and I have nothing to set before him.’

“And from inside, the friend answers and says, ‘Do not bother me. The door is locked for the night and the children and I are in bed. I cannot get up now and give you anything.’

“I say to you, even though she will not get up and give him anything just because he is a friend, she will get up and give him something if he persists in asking her.

( VGJC 7:26-28)

If, in fact, we are Christ, that is we are the consciousness of God in the world, it is possible that our prayers will change the Father's mind. Or, our prayers may be a way in which we come into a greater awareness of His plan. Or our prayers make us feel better. Or, our prayers may be a way of letting others know that we care enough about them to pray for them.

Now, if you have some problem with prayer, because prayer has not worked for you in the past, I would suggest you try believing in God first. That really should be a no-brainer. And don't tell me you used to believe in God. There is no one who ever believed in the one true God that ever can go back to not believing.

If you believed in some false god that didn't exist, and that false god wouldn't answer your prayers--because he didn't exist--why blame the real God?
Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2013, 11:07 PM

(22-04-2013 10:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That's what he's afraid of admitting. He knows it on some level. It's why he's so vehement in working against atheists. He's like the extreme homophobic preacher. Ya just know they're gay, and can't admit it.

You're angry because religon never worked out for you. You tried to find God, but you came up empty handed. That's why you hate me so much, because for all my faults, God is with me, and for all your righteousness, He was never there for you.

You need me to be an atheist deep down, because you were an atheist deep down, but Bucky Ball, I'm telling you right now, even in the depths of depression, which I fall into at times, even when my last dog died. Even when Hurricane Katrina changed our lives forever, I never once thought God didn't exist--not once.

Just a few days ago, in fact, He answered a prayer in a miraculous way. I can't go into details, but God is always with me. I am never alone.

That's why I know--I know--I have the authority to edit the Gospels. That's why I know I have the authority to state the true religion, and that's how I know, without a doubt, that I am right--even if that means a couple of billion Christians and all the atheists are wrong. I am with God, and God is with me.

If that's a sore spot for you, that's too bad.
Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2013, 11:16 PM
(22-04-2013 11:07 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 10:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That's what he's afraid of admitting. He knows it on some level. It's why he's so vehement in working against atheists. He's like the extreme homophobic preacher. Ya just know they're gay, and can't admit it.

You're angry because religon never worked out for you. You tried to find God, but you came up empty handed. That's why you hate me so much, because for all my faults, God is with me, and for all your righteousness, He was never there for you.

You mistake ridicule for ire. ... which just fucking cracks me up even more. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-04-2013, 11:19 PM
(22-04-2013 11:07 PM)Egor Wrote:  

You need me to be an atheist deep down, because you were an atheist deep down, but Bucky Ball, I'm telling you right now, even in the depths of depression, which I fall into at times, even when my last dog died. Even when Hurricane Katrina changed our lives forever, I never once thought God didn't exist--not once.

Just a few days ago, in fact, He answered a prayer in a miraculous way. I can't go into details, but God is always with me. I am never alone.

That's why I know--I know--I have the authority to edit the Gospels. That's why I know I have the authority to state the true religion, and that's how I know, without a doubt, that I am right--even if that means a couple of billion Christians and all the atheists are wrong. I am with God, and God is with me.

Wrong again. I'm not angry about anything. You are just sad and pathetic. Your reasoning is as bad as any of your patients. You know best. Billions are wrong. You know you are an atheist by everyone's definition except your own. That makes you an atheist. Whatever it is you call god, is not what every other person on the planet calls god. So whatever you are, it's not a beliiever in a god. You are a believer in your own delusion. Whatever that's all about. Doesn't matter what you call it.

BTW, I am not angry that "religion didn't work out for me". Stop lying about people you don't know. I see your Jebus didn'y\t give you the gift of "discernment". Just a good old fashioned insulter. He did give you a gift for that. I am very happy to be freed from all it's nonsense before I get as old as you, and STILL be so deluded and mentally ill, and NEED it to maintain my sanity.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
22-04-2013, 11:25 PM
(22-04-2013 11:07 PM)Egor Wrote:  You're angry because religon never worked out for you. You tried to find God, but you came up empty handed. That's why you hate me so much, because for all my faults, God is with me, and for all your righteousness, He was never there for you.

I find this to be EXTREMELY rude! And I also think it strange that a person that I've gathered is some kind of minister (or something) would say that to anyone.

You are a very rude person, Egor. I'm not saying that sometimes people are "coming at you" that you shouldn't defend yourself and your beliefs. (I think anyone has the right to defend themselves.) BUT the difference here is that you preach for a living and yet, when an atheist says something you don't agree with, you are so quick to say something so... degrading and condescending. Shouldn't a "man of God" defend himself in a respectable manner? Shouldn't he be kind to his fellow man?

For you to say that "He was never there for" an atheist is also kind of contradictory. If you believe in God so much, wouldn't you believe that God is there for all of his creations, they just don't "see the light?" It wouldn't be that God was "never there" for them; They just didn't accept him into his/her life.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 4 users Like Peanut's post