A Prayer for Boston and for Us All

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 1 Average
16-04-2013, 04:43 PM
RE: A Prayer for Boston and for Us All
(16-04-2013 04:42 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Look a real way to do some good instead of doing nothing. Thumbsup

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like FSM_scot's post
16-04-2013, 04:45 PM

(16-04-2013 02:39 PM)Heathen Wrote:  Since your god decided who would be hit by shrapnel and who would be missed, why would you pray for those who he chose to maim or kill? This was god's plan after all.

And no prayer for the souls who may be burning in hell? No christian compassion for them? Seems to me that they need it the most.

Why pray for understanding of this? God will either reveal it to you or he won't. Are you attempting to sway his decision or something?

What do you think prayer is? Assuming God exists, there is no need for us to actually pray to Him; He knows what we need and want. So who is prayer for? Prayers aren't magic spells, you know.
Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2013, 04:45 PM
(16-04-2013 04:36 PM)Egor Wrote:  And Martin Richard should have lived, why?

I had no idea until this very moment that some people could deliberately be such grand standing cunts. No

No No No No No No No

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
16-04-2013, 04:46 PM

(16-04-2013 02:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  He is as impotent as we are to fix the situation in Boston...the difference is that we (the heathens) realize that fact. Ego® really thinks that some plea to some god will actually make things better.

Well, it doesn't hurt, does it? What do you have up your sleeve? What do atheists have to say about this tragedy?
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
16-04-2013, 04:58 PM

(16-04-2013 03:54 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I've noticed your reputation throughout the time I've been on this forum. I don't like to judge others based on what other people say; I tend to make my own opinions. That being said, I saw this post and got very uncomfortable. I wonder if you saw the news and immediately went to the "atheist site" in order to get a "rise" out of people.

I posted it in a Christian forum, one spiritual forum, a dream forum, on my Facebook, and my new blog, and also sent out a mass e-mail to my contacts.

Quote:I watched the news from the second I heard about the incident. I wanted to learn about what happened to all the innocent people and to see if any of the bad guys were apprehended. I wanted to know that something was being done to catch the individuals responsible.

Are you an atheist? If so, what difference does it make if we catch the bad guys? How could you even call them bad? They're just organisms responding to stimuli--if atheism is true, that is.

Quote:I also noticed in another post that you were praying for an individual. When someone asked if you were genuine, you claimed that you NEVER joke about prayer. (When I find the exact post, I will share and ACTUALLY quote you.)

I remember it. Everyone liked that prayer. Go figure...

Quote:I sincerely hope you were genuine in your concern then and in this post.

Yes. I am. Prayer is the only thing I can do, and by God I'm going to do it.

Quote: Otherwise, you join the ranks of religious people that only pray for others in order to seek attention or "brownie points" from their god or other people that share your religion. Those people make me sick.

Do something tangible to support those harmed in the explosions, if you can. If you can't do that, pray for them in private.

No. I will pray for them in public. That's how I show that I love them. I'm even willing to take the abusive crap of atheists and Calvinists in order to do that. And if something were to happen to you, I'd do the same for you--and I wouldn't care if others didn't like it. I would take the time and the thought to compose a prayer for you, because you are worth it to me and to the Lord.
16-04-2013, 05:00 PM

(16-04-2013 04:43 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 04:42 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

Look a real way to do some good instead of doing nothing. Thumbsup

Yeah, that's it. Write a check. Thumbsup
16-04-2013, 05:04 PM
(16-04-2013 05:00 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 04:43 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Look a real way to do some good instead of doing nothing. Thumbsup

Yeah, that's it. Write a check. Thumbsup

*softly facepalms self in slow motion and makes it look like I dislocated my jaw*

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
16-04-2013, 05:14 PM
(16-04-2013 05:00 PM)Egor Wrote:  Yeah, that's it. Write a check. Thumbsup

Nah, a cheque will do. Tongue

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
16-04-2013, 05:16 PM
(16-04-2013 04:46 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 02:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  He is as impotent as we are to fix the situation in Boston...the difference is that we (the heathens) realize that fact. Ego® really thinks that some plea to some god will actually make things better.

Well, it doesn't hurt, does it? What do you have up your sleeve? What do atheists have to say about this tragedy?

Your prayer doesn't need to be public, it doesn't make you a better Christian to broadcast your faith. Try living it instead.

I have as much up my sleeve as you do...nothing. I have sympathy and compassion for the victims and their friends and families, not any more helpful than your public prayer.

This atheist says it was a senseless tragedy...what do you say, it was God's will? Well, that makes it all better doesn't it? We can all move on now.

accidental like...but on rethinking...here is where we start to see if Ego® can remain the new, improved, not-an-angerball version seen (briefly) lately.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
16-04-2013, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2013 05:27 PM by FSM_scot.)
(16-04-2013 05:00 PM)Egor Wrote:  Yeah, that's it. Write a check. Thumbsup

Write a cheque, the money goes towards helping the victims and Something actually happens. Or sit on my arse write a prayer on a forum and pretend to myself it's somehow helpful. Consider

One actually works the other does nothing... Drinking Beverage

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post