A Prayer for Boston and for Us All

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 1 Average
17-04-2013, 10:58 PM

RE: A Prayer for Boston and for Us All
(17-04-2013 01:57 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  One can choose to ignore evidence.
What some call "belief" I would consider calling "choosing to ignore evidence".

I'm sorry. I must have missed that. What's the evidence that God does not exist?

Go on...make your atheist argument. Watch what I do with it.
Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2013, 11:04 PM

(17-04-2013 02:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 10:28 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  So, you believe that you're being an a-hole based on the whims of Ed Gordon; not God.

Ed's not a Christian, he's not even a Veridican, he's an Ego®ian of the Gordonian sect from the Planet Bizarro. He really is clueless not only wrt rational argument, he is ignorant to meaning of The Word. At least KC tries his best to live The Word while admitting he's got no fucking metaphysical clue as to a postmortem preservation of identity. Jeremy is at least honest about the limitations of his belief. Ego® is not.

(17-04-2013 11:44 AM)Egor Wrote:  And here's how you accept Christ: You desire perfection. You realize you are not perfect. You desire to die to what you are and be reborn as the spirit of Christ, then you confess (in the mirror if you have to) that you are Christ and no longer what you were before. Christ is your new identity. And then you choose to believe it.

No, that's not it, that's not it at all. It is to recognize that I've been Christ all along, no perfection required, no belief necessary, no bullshit rebirth or promise of an afterlife required, just realization. There have been many Christs before and after Jesus. There will be many more. You just have to live it, there is no need to dress it up with fanciful untenable and unfulfillable promises, you just do it. ...

Stark's Commandment: Try not be an asshole.
Girly's First Amendment: Unless it's called for.
Manly's Second Amendment: See Stark's Commandment, Girly, 'cause you can come awfully fucking close to being an uncalled-for asshole.
Girly's Third Amendment: Yes dear. Point taken.

KC lives it well, and you Ed, frankly, suck at it. This atheist GirlyMan is closer to Christ than you will ever be if you don't make a substantial course redirection.

Either get over your mental illness or don't expect any more responses from me. The only way you get a response is to sound sane. I don't respond to people who sound psychotic, because I have to do that at work three days a week. And you want to know something? All you can do with psychotics is control them--you can't "reason" with them. Please don't ask me to work with the mentally ill while I'm on my days off. On my days off, I'm a chaplain. On my days on, I'm a psychiatric registered nurse.

Now, take your meds and write something I can respond to, or I will ignore you for the next six months--I really will.
17-04-2013, 11:07 PM

(17-04-2013 04:35 PM)Humakt Wrote:  However, Egor is just an ignorant shit stirrer, which is really all that matters here really.

Yeah, forget truth. Who cares about that?
17-04-2013, 11:20 PM
(17-04-2013 10:58 PM)Egor Wrote:  Go on...make your atheist argument. Watch what I do with it.

OOOHHH, I just love it when you talk like that... makes me moist.

[Image: opforum1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like frankiej's post
18-04-2013, 04:03 AM
(17-04-2013 11:04 PM)Egor Wrote:  Either get over your mental illness or don't expect any more responses from me. The only way you get a response is to sound sane. I don't respond to people who sound psychotic, because I have to do that at work three days a week. And you want to know something? All you can do with psychotics is control them--you can't "reason" with them. Please don't ask me to work with the mentally ill while I'm on my days off. On my days off, I'm a chaplain. On my days on, I'm a psychiatric registered nurse.

Now, take your meds and write something I can respond to, or I will ignore you for the next six months--I really will.

Pot meet kettle. If you don't know what i mean ask the voices in your head they should be able to explain the irony in your post Thumbsup

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
18-04-2013, 04:12 AM
(17-04-2013 10:58 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 01:57 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  One can choose to ignore evidence.
What some call "belief" I would consider calling "choosing to ignore evidence".

I'm sorry. I must have missed that. What's the evidence that God does not exist?

Go on...make your atheist argument. Watch what I do with it.

Science, history, common sense, human nature.

Where's your proof?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
18-04-2013, 04:27 AM
(17-04-2013 11:44 AM)Egor Wrote:  So you have doubt. I have doubts all the time--constantly. I choose to believe that Jesus Christ is right, that what he said is absolutely true, even if I don't quite get it at this time.

Again, how do you chose to believe against better knowledge?

Doubt is essential if you want to learn and grow in this world.

Great doubt, great enlightenment. Small doubt, small enlightenment. No doubt, no enlightenment. ~zen proverb

(17-04-2013 11:44 AM)Egor Wrote:  And here's how you accept Christ: You desire perfection. You realize you are not perfect. You desire to die to what you are and be reborn as the spirit of Christ, then you confess (in the mirror if you have to) that you are Christ and no longer what you were before. Christ is your new identity. And then you choose to believe it.

I have realized I do not desire perfection. It's the imperfections that make things beautiful. Like clouds in the sky during a sunset or trees in a forest unevenly dispersed. You and I are beautiful because of our imperfections.
I don't desire to die and be reborn as anything. The dream of an eternal life is a dream not thought through well. Eternity in heaven is hell.
[+] 2 users Like Joh's post
18-04-2013, 06:02 AM
(17-04-2013 11:07 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 04:35 PM)Humakt Wrote:  However, Egor is just an ignorant shit stirrer, which is really all that matters here really.

Yeah, forget truth. Who cares about that?

What would you know about truth, try working on common decency first.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Humakt's post
18-04-2013, 07:40 AM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.ph...%20warrior

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
18-04-2013, 10:05 AM

(18-04-2013 04:27 AM)Joh Wrote:  Again, how do you chose to believe against better knowledge?

What better knowledge?

Quote:[quote]I have realized I do not desire perfection. It's the imperfections that make things beautiful.

You're talking in contradictions. The imperfections you seek are part of the "beauty," which is a perfection

Quote:I don't desire to die and be reborn as anything. The dream of an eternal life is a dream not thought through well. Eternity in heaven is hell.

Your mind is not gonig to die. It can't. God may be able to destroy it, but even then, it becomes a memory that can be relived at any time (so it's more like a Facebook account you can never get rid of but can only deactivate). Heaven is not like the Cro-Magnon Christians describe. It is like a lucid dream you never wake up from. If it exists, it necessarily has to be like that. Otherwise your statement would be 100% true: Eternity in heaven is hell.