Yes
No
[Show Results]

A Project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2011, 06:14 AM

A Project
I was looking for a good place to put this thread but there is no right place to place it so I placed it here.

As a human being I feel the urge to do something. And after viewing a lot of youtube videos I noticed that the top rated videos are not the ones that would help our species to make peace with our selves, to learn something new or to understand things, instead the top rated videos are just for entertainment where people laughing at other people how stupid can they be. Beside this noise of nonessential information the valuable videos wont get any attention. There are a lot of youtube users that are making eye opening videos and there is a limited number of viewers that have access to them do to lack of knowledge of them. I realized that the videos that I watched helped me to think diffidently then others around me and because of the videos I perceive the world through a different color. Finding the videos are only one gap that a person has to cross, understanding them is another. A lot of the people that I know are limited because of their lack of understanding of the English language. The English language is becoming a world language and any new information will be translated to English, so the best way to transmit an information that you would like to tell to the world would be English. But a lot of the people don't know English well enough to understand the terms and that makes the video unappealing for those people, because of this they wont watch.

I would like to make a website that would contain embedded videos from youtube that are educational and translate them in to as many languages as possible. For this I would need people that have a clear understanding voice to make voice overs on already made videos in their own language.

I posted this here because I feel that all of you understand what I mean and maybe some of you would like to help.
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2011, 09:22 AM
RE: A Project
http://www.khanacademy.org/

Something along these lines? I go there a lot, they're great Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2011, 10:42 AM

well that looks nice Smile the idea is the same, the extra that i would add is translations in many languages as possible and i was thinking along the lines of philosophy I would really love to show QualiaSoup's videos , love his work and how clearly he explains Smile
03-11-2011, 10:48 AM
This forum is meant for issues, suggestions and comments about the forum. (The description should be clearer. I'll get on that)

I'm going to move this over to the casual coffee house.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
03-11-2011, 11:23 AM
(03-11-2011 10:48 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  This forum is meant for issues, suggestions and comments about the forum. (The description should be clearer. I'll get on that)

I'm going to move this over to the casual coffee house.

Thanks Stark Smile
03-11-2011, 11:56 AM
This is a great idea. I'm also sure that if you talk to the video suppliers they would be more than happy to help. Just be careful because I think any video posted on YouTube is theirs by default.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-11-2011, 02:06 PM

(03-11-2011 11:56 AM)lucradis Wrote:  This is a great idea. I'm also sure that if you talk to the video suppliers they would be more than happy to help. Just be careful because I think any video posted on YouTube is theirs by default.

Yes its theirs and i do intend to ask them but i'm sure none of them would forbidden it , after all they made it so people can view their opinions.