A Question for S.T.Ranger

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 2 Average
03-06-2012, 03:02 PM
RE: A Question for S.T.Ranger
(03-06-2012 02:52 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  Okay, fellas, that's all for today.
Hope you have a great rest of your weekend, and hope someone will take up the conversation in a serious manner.
GTY

[Image: 21420789.jpg]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
03-06-2012, 03:11 PM
"You sought to mock this...how did that turn out for you, my friend?"

bla bla bla ....

I proved to everyone here that we are wasting our time with you, because apart from spouting Babble verses you know nothing about your own cult's history and development.

As I said a few pages back, and the gentleman keeps asserting in his attempt at deflection, with the discrediting of my sources, in an attempt to get me down the rabbit hole to fight him with Babble quotes, (which is ALL he knows how to do), if he can PROVE that a random walk through Wiki is more probable than my links, then he will be made a faculty member of MIT tomorrow. Do you know what those words mean S.T. ? Cooking up shit about verses is not scholarship. You ARE held to no rules. You have no rules, except spouting more verses. You do realise you are making Babble Thumpers look really bad here ? Did you actually think, with your pathetic level of knowledge you would come here and change anyone's mind ? I offered you a deal. Give ONE external source for every quote. You are incapable. I offered to use ONLY Christian sources. You can't handle it. It turned out just as I said it would on Friday ... a total waste of time. If you think you are "proved right", fine. The moon is made of green cheese. (BTW, "someone's eles's ideas" might just have some value, but since you never went to school, you wouldn't know about all that, now would you ?)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-06-2012, 04:03 PM
(03-06-2012 03:02 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
Hope you have a great rest of your weekend, and hope someone will take up the conversation in a serious manner.
GTY

I'm really starting to like this Vosur character. And not just because I think he would make a worthy Sumo opponent. Big Grin

[Image: vosur.png]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-06-2012, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2012 04:18 PM by Jedah.)
(03-06-2012 03:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "You sought to mock this...how did that turn out for you, my friend?"

bla bla bla ....

I proved to everyone here that we are wasting our time with you, because apart from spouting Babble verses you know nothing about your own cult's history and development.

As I said a few pages back, and the gentleman keeps asserting in his attempt at deflection, with the discrediting of my sources, in an attempt to get me down the rabbit hole to fight him with Babble quotes, (which is ALL he knows how to do), if he can PROVE that a random walk through Wiki is more probable than my links, then he will be made a faculty member of MIT tomorrow. Do you know what those words mean S.T. ? Cooking up shit about verses is not scholarship. You ARE held to no rules. You have no rules, except spouting more verses. You do realise you are making Babble Thumpers look really bad here ? Did you actually think, with your pathetic level of knowledge you would come here and change anyone's mind ? I offered you a deal. Give ONE external source for every quote. You are incapable. I offered to use ONLY Christian sources. You can't handle it. It turned out just as I said it would on Friday ... a total waste of time. If you think you are "proved right", fine. The moon is made of green cheese. (BTW, "someone's eles's ideas" might just have some value, but since you never went to school, you wouldn't know about all that, now would you ?)

Bro, I was so impressed by your patience, but sometimes you just have to let it go.

It is impossible to reason with a skinhead who only uses "By <<Mein Kampf>>, Führer & Nazi doctrines are absolutely right" argument. What he did was abusing your patience and intellectual efforts then QQing your bad manner & not taking his "discussion" srsly (remember Matthew 7:6 Evil_monster ?). I have seen too much people (especially Christians) addicted to play victim for their martyr fantasy satisfaction.

Could we give it a "GeeGee" and switch topic to "Gwynetheism"? Big Grin

Life is too important to be taken seriously.
- Oscar Wilde
[+] 2 users Like Jedah's post
03-06-2012, 04:14 PM
(03-06-2012 03:02 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
GTY

Since I can see that you guys really do like me, and miss me when I am gone...I will do a few more posts.

But, I really do have to get going.

Starting with this one: yes, I really would like to have a serious discussion; does that really need to be explained?

GTY
03-06-2012, 04:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2012 04:39 PM by Jedah.)
(03-06-2012 04:14 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  Since I can see that you guys really do like me, and miss me when I am gone...I will do a few more posts.

Starting with this one: yes, I really would like to have a serious discussion; does that really need to be explained?

GTY

Action speaks louder than words. Your action: "I am a mannerism troll."
Again, feel free to preach or do Sunday school lecture here, but stop QQ for not having sheep-like response.

Life is too important to be taken seriously.
- Oscar Wilde
03-06-2012, 04:39 PM
(03-06-2012 04:14 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  
(03-06-2012 03:02 PM)Vosur Wrote:  [Image: 21420789.jpg]

Since I can see that you guys really do like me, and miss me when I am gone...I will do a few more posts.

GTY

Okay. Seriously why would you want to survive your own death? And if you do, seriously what is your plan for making that happen? ... Think I got those in the proper order.

03-06-2012, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2012 05:23 PM by Bucky Ball.)
S.T. acutually thinks I was talking to him. It's why I kept it to the thrid person. It has NOTHING to do with him. The only reason I got into was to point out that his crap about "falling into idolatry" was total historical BS. The real, actual historical first covenant was to obtain favor in battle from the god of the armies. He needs to tell himself that it's something else, or his myths don't connect. The real history is found starting in the Enuma Elish, http://www.sacred-texts.com/ane/enuma.htm . The only reason I post anything here is for the guests, to give them a small glimpse of the other side, and what really goes on in serious academia, and not the First Grade crap of the Babble Spouters. He hasn't even read Karen Armstrong's "A History of God", http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...5399093528# and is unable to say where or why even one sentence of it is wrong. He was unable to watch the Yahweh video, as he has no knowledge to argue against it. If he had an ounce of sense, he would have gone and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlnnWbkMlbg , found the on-line refutations of it. They are great. They show how it is incorrect, in a few places. They also give interested people a small glimpse into how real scholars interact, instead of spouting Babble verses, and the really serious depth of knowledge some of them have of Ancient History, and the level of discussion that real scholars have. http://scrollhouse.com/downloadable/down...nk_id/249/

The spouting is a fascinating human behavior. The endless spouting and connecting of verses, especially the high art that Catholics have taken it to, in their nauseating sentimental drivel, is truely amazing ... that adults would actually engage in the behaviors. People with no other expertise or knowledge start doing "bible study", and it seems to fill some sort of need. At least they are good at something. Welcome to the world of BibleMan. http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/BibleMan

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-06-2012, 04:57 PM
(03-06-2012 03:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "You sought to mock this...how did that turn out for you, my friend?"

bla bla bla ....

As I asked before (one of many questions never answered): does a high-school drop-out really make you speak in third-person?

lol

So you want to play link-ponk, huh?

This is how it has to be done? I answered every point you have made so far, yet I have received nothing. No answers, no great knowledge on the New Covenant, only...bla bla bla. That is brilliant!

MIT? And why exactly would I want to be associated with MIT? lol

Going to be a little lazy on this one, I am sure you will understand, bucky:

Quote:Do you know what those words mean S.T. ? Cooking up shit about verses is not scholarship.

Actually, interpretation is a highly scientific process. As I said, if you can only learn by choosing between which link to believe, let me know, I will turn you on to some good ones.

Quote:You ARE held to no rules.

I am guessing that you meant to say, "You are held to NO rules."

Either way, it is a flip flop from just a post ago or so. Where it was plainly stated what rules it was that you would like to hold me under.

Quote:You have no rules, except spouting more verses.

So I am one that does not abide by rules? I tell you, your omniscience astounds me the more we talk. Now I can understand why you are accustomed to inferior people such as I groveling in your presence.

Quote:You do realise you are making Babble Thumpers look really bad here ?

No, I didn't. I thought I was making those that boast great knowledge of the Bible expose the fact that they have probably no knowledge of scripture outside of what somebody has told them to believe.

Public School education, right? Did I get one right? Huh? Did I?

lol

You might be surprised to know that I try to post scripture only in response. My approach can hardly be called bible-thumping.

Quote:Did you actually think, with your pathetic level of knowledge you would come here and change anyone's mind ?

And see, this mindset is probably why you believe as you do: you seem to be under the impression that if one has a paper on the wall, this person is to be believed.

There is a difference between knowledge and wisdom.

Quote:I offered you a deal.

Still having trouble remembering what you have said?

A deal? More like an ultimatum. Try jumping up and down and stamping your feet...lol. Maybe that will work.

Quote:Give ONE external source for every quote.

Oh, the deal...lol.

You still don't get it, do you? You can post links until the cows come home, but...it doesn't change the fact that you take the knowledge there to be gospel truth (forgive the phrase).

The bottom line is that you ridicule scripture because certain arcaeologists "believe" this or that. You are incredibly more reliant upon faith...than I am.

Maybe I am in error, and you are right, but, I believe what I believe because I have taken the time to actually read the books that have been held as the word of God for millennia.

You, on the other hand, discredit the Bible because basically...somebody told you to.

You make false statements such as "all scholars" embrace the Q source, and when it is pointed out that this is a lie, you cannot comment on it. Hence the tirade. It seems to me that much of your time is spent in discrediting. Quite an amazing effort.

Quote:You are incapable.

Certainly I am. Never said I was capable of anything. Except to expose a few simple, obvious facts. But I have help with that.

Quote:I offered to use ONLY Christian sources. You can't handle it.

How magnanimous of you. You offer a Christian resource and then completely misunderstand what these men have to say.

Good job.

What is ironic is that you post something that does nothing to defend your position, then, see it as though it does. I am beginning to garner a great sympathy for you, pal. I am beginning to feel bad about talking with you. At first, I thought you may be a worthy adversary.

Quote:It turned out just as I said it would on Friday ... a total waste of time.

Actually, I think it has been very profitable for you. In a number of ways.

Quote:If you think you are "proved right", fine. The moon is made of green cheese.

...as well as makes a fine salad dressing if prepared correctly.

But hey, thanks.

Quote:(BTW, "someone's eles's ideas" might just have some value, but since you never went to school, you wouldn't know about all that, now would you ?)

Gawrsh no. Hyuck.

Okay, bucky, here is a link for you which I would imagine might be a reputable link in secular circles:

NOVA

(note-click on "launch interactive")

Kind of short, takes about four minutes to read. While I can neither deny nor affirm the validity of their research, so I take it with a grain of salt, I will say that they affirm at the very least the veracity of Biblical history.

Keep in mind that scripture gives very little internal evidence to dating, as well as take note of the phrase "scholars believe."

What is interesting in this to me is the reference to the Shasu people in YHW. What is interesting about this, as they seek to tie this to YHWH, is the obvious observation that if in fact this is a reference to YHWH, what they are saying is that knowledge of the God of the Bible existed before the creation of the Nation of Israel.

Pretty amazing, huh?

Okay, we can change the tone of our conversation if you like, and actually have a serious discussion. If you like, you can still continue to insult my intelligence, mock, and ridicule, as it really does not bother me.

But...it would be noce if you would try to attempt genuine dialogue.

It's up to you, bucky.

GTY
03-06-2012, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2012 05:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-06-2012 04:57 PM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  blah, blah, blah. ...

And still no love for Girly.