A Question for S.T.Ranger

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 2 Average
19-06-2012, 10:39 AM
RE: A Question for S.T.Ranger
(19-06-2012 10:08 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If all ya gots is one book, maybe ya shoulda read some more.

If all ya gots is one book, and it ain't the tao te ching, yer doing it wrong. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
19-06-2012, 10:47 AM
(19-06-2012 10:39 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(19-06-2012 10:08 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If all ya gots is one book, maybe ya shoulda read some more.

If all ya gots is one book, and it ain't the tao te ching, yer doing it wrong. Big Grin

And if all ya gots is one book, and you're lookin' to read another ... write your own. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
19-06-2012, 03:36 PM
(19-06-2012 09:13 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(19-06-2012 08:08 AM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  In scripture we see "life" to be represented in a number of ways.

No, we don't. Tongue

Yes...we do. Hyuck (sorry, the raspberry smilie just won't do...lol).

Think about it: if scripture does in fact teach that the spirits of men do not cease (and this is open for debate, and is debated), yet some will exist separately from others, we would view this existance in terms of continued existance, but not ascribing life to both.

And if "life" is said to possible only through faith in Christ, we distinguish this from the physical life that all men have.

But this is something easily verifiable as a doctrinal truth of scripture, and since it remains to be seen whether you would even care to know that which scripture has to say, but are content to leave your beliefs as they are, which I have to say seems to be a personal construct based upon experience, rather than a serious examination of scriptural doctrine...I will not bore you with the details. Wink

(19-06-2012 09:13 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  And there's another thing. Your writing style is very reminiscent of bible study.

I sincerely hope you did not mean this as an insult...lol. You would have to qualify the statement with certain adjectives to properly get this across.

But thanks either way, House.

(19-06-2012 09:13 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  You're gonna get a lot of resistance on that alone, regardless of content. I'm thinking.

I get resistance from many fronts, and am willing to look at the basis of that resistance. I doubt seriously as to whether it will be appreciated by some of your peers for giving my "babbling" a quality of style.

It seems that the content of many of my responses is given little consideration. I take the time to address things in a point by point manner only to have one or perhaps two points revisited for response. It may be simply delusion upon my part but Ibelieve some good points have been made along the way, yet, it is said that my responses make no sense.

(19-06-2012 09:13 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I see stuff in terms of wave/particle duality. Discreteness from differentiation. The moments of our lives are like particles, the set of those particles being "I." When there ain't no more "I," there ain't no more differentiation. What remains of hoc will just be what is remembered, those memories themselves encapsulated in discrete "I"s. After that, undifferentiated waveform. It is this undifferentiated waveform that is congruent with god. It is the "I Am" that provides for a sense of continuity between the points of our existence. It is in this manner that I am an atheist. That being "without god" is an absurd concept; but if everybody is "with god," there ain't nothing to talk about. Big Grin

Not such a bad perspective, from my point of view (pun intended Wink ).

I have to disagree with the conclusions, perhaps, but dualism has been discussed and it has jumped all over the place. I also believe in a dualism which I believe exceeds the ability of science and psychology and phiosophy.

Scripture does not teach that "everybody will be or is with God." It is clear that man is separated from his Creator, and the outcome of the dual nature will be similar for those that become reconciled to God and those that are not, in regards to what scripture teaches will happen to all, which is...all will be resurrected. All will be reunited with the body their spirit departs from at physical death, and that all will be judged.

As discussed before, those that have been reconciled to God through Christ will have life, and those that have not, though they have not ceased to exist, will not.

As a believer I am told in God's word that not only will I have life, but that I possess it...right now. While I may die physically, the spiritual life which is from God will not cease at that death. If anything, because the limitations of this physical existance will be removed, it will be enhanced.

But, I await with great anticipation for the return of the Lord, though this carries also a heaviness of heart having a knowledge that when He returns, there will be judgment for those that have rejected him. There will be a time period, seven years according the belief I hold in eschatological events, for those that have rejected Him to turn to Him in faith, and I believe that many will.

(19-06-2012 09:13 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  ...and, no. Immortality and eternal life both imply a forwarding of the sequence of being into the infinite. Another concept I find absurd. Here's another place where my Gwynnies has utility. I can't imagine being with her foreverz... I meet her, she smiles at me, my head explodes - it's only like a coupla minutes, and it's "clean-up in aisle 4." But I look at her image, like when I'm drawing her; and alla sudden it'll be later. That's not forever, that's eternity. The only solution set that makes any sense is as Girly tells it - we are all god.

Immortality is something that can be ascribed to all men, I believe. However, Eternality can truly only be said to be possessed by God, for He has always existed. If He has not, then He would not be God. You do not need to accept this as anything other than the beliefs of a fool, but, fool or no, that is my belief, as it is for many.

And while man may partake of the nature of God through His indwelling presence, and will be quite a remarkable creature when he receives his glorified body, man will never ascend to godhood. As I said, this can only be said of God. The interpretation of the Gospel of John may contribute to those that believe they will one day be gods, however, when we place both God and man in their proper place, we can see that to believe that there are many gods is to deny that which scripture teaches, which is...Hear (O Israel), the Lord thy God is One.

And while I do not subscribe to replacement theology, we cannot ignore the teaching of a spiritual people that belong to God through His work in our lives. This will see it's culmination in the Eternal State, whre there will be in truth One Fold and One Shepherd.

And while Mormons and certain Charismatic branches teach the possibility of becoming a god, because their god was "once a man," and that man has a divine nature "if we could just let it peak through," I view this to be in direct contradiction to one of the simplest and most basic lessons that scripture contains for man, which is...there is One God. And if you press the adherents of this group, you might be surprised to find that there will be among them that also reject this doctrinal distinction.

Okay, House, I have enjoyed our discussions. I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me for being a YECer, lol. I have overstayed my visit, so I will bow out at this time, and hope to one day come back to engage in discussion again.

And I expect you to be here when I get back...so take care of yourself, ya hear?

GTY
Find all posts by this user
19-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Even google knows about you, ST. This...

http://download.dailybibleguide.com/inde...4Aodsw253Q
was the ad choice on this page. Big Grin

One thing: the animating force of human life is said in scripture to be god's breath. That's pretty universal. Tongue

And it's not a raspberry, I'm telling ya! Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post