26-05-2012, 02:48 PM
RE: A Question for S.T.Ranger
OK, someone get me a beer please!

Let the games begin! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2012, 03:49 PM
(15-10-2011 10:51 AM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  Hello Kim, thanks for the response. For the sake of time I will address one thing you mention here: the reason we participate in these forums.

I think the reasons vary from person to person, and rather than list those reasons, for the sake of conversation, would just ask: could you tell me why you participate in this forum? I would be curious to know.

Thanks,

S.T.
Long time S.T.!! --- I went back through this thread for clarity. I didn't ignore this - I just didn't see it until now!! Crazy dayz, yes? Wink

Consider Hmm... let's see, why do I participate in this forum? Hmm... nnooo... that's not it .... no... not quite.. ... OH! OH - of course!! I know why!

Shy I'm an Atheist.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
26-05-2012, 11:17 PM
(26-05-2012 09:47 AM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  
(23-11-2011 07:33 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Anyone know what happened to ST Ranger?

I do...lol.

Welcome back S,T; hopefully you will have more to say next time........................... Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
27-05-2012, 01:28 AM
Welcome back ST.....gee I've just spent an hour rereading all this in anticipation of your re-entrance- and all there is is one line!

You've become an atheist, haven't you!

Only joking.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-05-2012, 06:37 AM
Hi guys, just popping in this morning, and I will try to get to some of the responses in this thread at some point. First, let me just say I hope everyone has a safe holiday weekend, it will be a dangerous one, as usual. Have fun, but be safe.

(26-05-2012 02:48 PM)Scarlet Pimpernel Wrote:  OK, someone get me a beer please!

Let the games begin! Big Grin
Not sure everyone here would agree that this is a game, I know I do not. Nevertheless, always glad to talk to new people (I don't think we have talked yet, anyway...I have been away for a while).
Nice to meet you SP.

(26-05-2012 03:49 PM)kim Wrote:  
(15-10-2011 10:51 AM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  Hello Kim, thanks for the response. For the sake of time I will address one thing you mention here: the reason we participate in these forums.

I think the reasons vary from person to person, and rather than list those reasons, for the sake of conversation, would just ask: could you tell me why you participate in this forum? I would be curious to know.

Thanks,

S.T.
Long time S.T.!! --- I went back through this thread for clarity. I didn't ignore this - I just didn't see it until now!! Crazy dayz, yes? Wink

Consider Hmm... let's see, why do I participate in this forum? Hmm... nnooo... that's not it .... no... not quite.. ... OH! OH - of course!! I know why!

Shy I'm an Atheist.
Hello Kim. So, you are compelled to associate with those that are likeminded in belief. I am not surprised...that is human nature.
(26-05-2012 11:17 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(26-05-2012 09:47 AM)S.T. Ranger Wrote:  I do...lol.

Welcome back S,T; hopefully you will have more to say next time........................... Yes
I do appreciate that, usually, I am reprimanded for being longwinded...lol.
Thank you for your kindness.

(27-05-2012 01:28 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Welcome back ST.....gee I've just spent an hour rereading all this in anticipation of your re-entrance- and all there is is one line!

You've become an atheist, haven't you!

Only joking.
lol
Hello Mark. Sorry, always hate to disappoint, but the reverse is actually true. My faith has been strengthened, due to trials, and the Lord has not forsaken me but used these trials to encourage growth.
Again, thanks for the responses. I looked at a few yesterday that I think I will address at this time.
God bless.
27-05-2012, 07:34 AM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2012 01:45 PM by S.T. Ranger.)
Hello CL, thanks for the response.
I will just pick a few things to respond to this morning.

(19-10-2011 06:34 PM)cufflink Wrote:  S.T.,

Thanks for your answers. I’m afraid I don’t have the time or patience to respond to everything you’ve said, but I’ll address the parts I see as the most significant and relevant.

[quote]

[i][i]

(19-10-2011 06:34 PM)cufflink Wrote:  Well, I guess we should chalk this up to an improvement, huh? You used to hate people like me. Now it’s just “hate the sin, love the sinner.” Well, there’s a saying that begins, “With friends like that . . .”

Not sure if that is actually a rational response: it doesn't matter to you whether people are simply hateful just for the sake of hating...or have taken a position that people matter?

My hatred for homosexuals as a young person stemmed from personal opinion that had absolutely no biblical or Godly influence...I was not saved until I was 25.

But this type of mentality is on both sides of the fence, Cufflink. You could use more "friends like me," which would, I believe, change the landscape of the debate.

(19-10-2011 06:34 PM)cufflink Wrote:  No offense, but I don’t give a flying fuck whether you hate me or love me.

You should (and no offense taken).

This is one of the problems that could easily be addressed: the "My way is the right way" mentality. This is not secluded to this debate, nor to the religion/atheism debate, but is prevalent in all of mankind, who is naturally a self-serving creature.

(19-10-2011 06:34 PM)cufflink Wrote:  What I do care about is the fact that you vote, and that the beliefs of people like you can have the power to affect my life.

And this is true. But the reverse is true as well.

I have a suspicion, though, that it may all too possible that votes may not actually affect the election this year, though. It seems that money is ever increasingly becoming king in America.

(19-10-2011 06:34 PM)cufflink Wrote:  That’s why we need to do all we can to counter the influence of fundamentalist religion in this country.

I hate to say it, but "fundamentalist religion" is a small percentage of the religions of not only our country, but of the world.

Fundamental Christianity, that is. You could call Islam a fundamental religion (and you would be absolutely correct), and it is supposed to be the fastest growing religion in the world. I would encourage you to take a look at this particular fundamental religion and contrast it with Christianity.

One difference between the two is that Islam puts homosexuals to death. When you cast your vote this year, make sure you take a look at the eventual result of that vote. I will not bore you with details of Antichrist, a one-world government...the imposition of worship with the penalty for death for non-compliance. I will just say that no matter what your personal preferences are, there is coming a time when the freedom we enjoy to worship (or not) is going to end.

Christianity is the only faith in which, when it is adhered to in a doctrinally sound manner, does not condemn those that fail to "meet the mark," but understands that all of us, humanity that is, is in the same boat: we are in need of the grace of God.

(19-10-2011 06:34 PM)cufflink Wrote:  No offense, but I don’t give a flying fuck whether you hate me or love me.

Not to be a wise-guy, but I take the same opinion...lol. I am commanded to have love for people (and I work on that all the time...its not easy sometimes), including my "enemies" (and so you know I do not count you as an enemy, and it might surprise you that religionists are a far greater enemy than the homosexual agenda could ever think to be); I am commanded to have compassion, and to show mercy, that I in turn...might receive from the Lord that same compassion and mercy.

So Cufflink, again I would encourage you to...care whether people love or hate you. We have enough people in the world that don't care what other people think.

God bless.
27-05-2012, 07:48 AM
(17-10-2011 09:34 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I think for the most part you're wrong in you assumption of why an atheist or free thinker sees the gravity of the religious situation. I think for the most part don't give a shit what anyone believes so long as it isn't hurting anyone or infringing on our rights. Believe what you want. I think most free thinkers/atheists see the actual problem being that religion does hurt. It does infringe on so many rights. And it is dangerous. Extremely dangerous. I for one wouldn't care what stupid beliefs people had so long as thy kept them to themselves. Didn't force them on children, didn't try and force them into politics, didn't try to force them into schools, didn't try to tell people how they are allowed to live or who to love. That's the gravity of the situation.

Hello lucradis.

(17-10-2011 09:34 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I think for the most part you're wrong in you assumption of why an atheist or free thinker sees the gravity of the religious situation.

And in turn I would disagree, and actually say that there is more going on than the "free thinker" is aware of.

You confuse Christianity with man's feeble attempts to ingratiate himself to the Creator.

Christianity, when practiced according to scripture, rather than the false doctrine of so many religions that have cropped up...has never harmed a soul. I know this will be refuted, but this is just fact. You can point to Catholicism, Islam, or whatever group you like, and I will simply invite you to examine their doctrine in light of scripture, and what God has actually commanded.

(17-10-2011 09:34 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I think for the most part don't give a shit what anyone believes so long as it isn't hurting anyone or infringing on our rights.

Then you are okay with my beliefs? Sorry, but you are saying two things at once, at that never comes out well.

(17-10-2011 09:34 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Believe what you want.

Why thank you. But I don't have that liberty. In fact, if I "believed what I wanted to," rather than that which God has commanded, I will fall into the same category as those you so vehemently despise.

(17-10-2011 09:34 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I think most free thinkers/atheists see the actual problem being that religion does hurt.

You might be surprised to know...I agree.

That is why I try to promote Christ the Lord...not religion.

(17-10-2011 09:34 AM)lucradis Wrote:  It does infringe on so many rights.

I agree.

(17-10-2011 09:34 AM)lucradis Wrote:  And it is dangerous. Extremely dangerous.

Agreed. It will send more people to eternal punishment than any other single cause.

(17-10-2011 09:34 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I for one wouldn't care what stupid beliefs people had so long as thy kept them to themselves.

I cannot take that particular position, but I do think you have a right to your opinion. It is not me that others will answer to.

(17-10-2011 09:34 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Didn't force them on children, didn't try and force them into politics, didn't try to force them into schools, didn't try to tell people how they are allowed to live or who to love.

Wish I had more time for this one, but have to get going: is it okay to force good behavior on children?

(17-10-2011 09:34 AM)lucradis Wrote:  That's the gravity of the situation.

Actually, it is merely the opinion of one person, addressed by another.

Thanks for the response, though.

God bless.
27-05-2012, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2012 03:53 PM by S.T. Ranger.)
(20-10-2011 06:49 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Hello ST, a few quick points.

Hello Mark, long time no see...lol.

(20-10-2011 06:49 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  You obviously were, in your earlier life, blatantly homophobic, and it is pretty obvious that you now barely tolerate gay people.

Once again presumption and lack of discernment, even when it is clearly laid out in a rather short post...are lacking. Not trying offend, but, you have ignored what has been stated to mount a personal attack.

But hey...that's okay. I get this even when debating Christians, so why would I not expect it from someone that is so different in worldview than I...lol.

Now then, concerning my blatant homophobia, let me be clear: I did not beat up gay people, ridicule them personally, or make it a habit of dwelling on the subject. But my view was...gay men were abnormal. Keep in mind the stereotypical gays of the 80s and 90s, though: effeminate, limpwristed, oddly dressed, recognizable speech. Those that were gay and kept it to themselves were unrecognizable. I can remember finding out about certain rock stars that came out and you would say, "I never would have guessed. Having said all that, the point is that most people looked at the caricature gay as an abnormality.

And I, apart from any particular Godly influence...really was disgusted by them. I hated them. Had zero compassion for them, and felt myself to be superior because I was not that way. So you are in error as casting me as "blatant," as this was not the case.

Your second error here is to say "it is pretty obvious that you now barely tolerate gay people."

I treat everyone the same, for the most part, and actually will take extra care not to seem condescending to those that are gay. As well as try not to make it obvious that I know they are gay, or that this is an issue that is any different than it would be when I deal with people that are using drugs or are drunk.

Try to understand that.

(20-10-2011 06:49 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Please be honest and don't deny this...it is obvious from your comments.

You see what you want to see, apparently. I do not know how, otherwise, you could make a declaration such as this. Kind of "padding" the discussion in your favor, right?

(20-10-2011 06:49 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Have you ever wondered what the source of your prejudice was and is?

No. It is pretty obvious, isn't it?

Did you actually read my posts? lol

A FEW CONTRIBUTING FACTORS (in my opinion)

No "religious" influence, particularly Christian influence.

No biblical influence.

Association with unbelievers.

Self-serving lifestyle (played Heavy Metal music, in case you don't remember).

Mostly anti-governmental/establishment.

Mostly liberal in my thinking.

Kind of a no-brainer...isn't it?

And now, I have been, due to what scripture teaches, been shown my need not to view the sins of others as "worse than my own" that I might exalt myself and look down on others, but to view sin as sin, an equal failing of God's will for mankind.

(20-10-2011 06:49 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  It's the bible ST.

Could you explain how the Bible influenced me to hate gays when I was young? How it influenced my friends when none of us, just like you...had no idea what the Bible had to say about it? Had never read it?

If you want to have a discussion, try to keep the imposition of how you want to view me (or porttray me as) to yourself. Try to discover what it I believe before making comments.

(20-10-2011 06:49 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  In countries that don't have God or Allah polluting their culture homosexuality is totally accepted.

You mention France as an example of this, but are you unaware of the Muslim population there?

Are you unaware of the difference between Christian activity and Islamic activity toward homosexuality?

That is pretty obvious.

(20-10-2011 06:49 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Your precious book has poisoned your attitude to your fellow man.

Again, it is clear you did not read the posts. I guess it is pretty easy just to ratlle off negativity to please those that share your hatred for Christianity and Christians.

Funny, you know: gay-bashing is evil, but Christian-bashing is acceptable.

But this is expected of most of humanity. At least by me. My attitude is "poisoned." Laughable.

(20-10-2011 06:49 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  America is the most Christian so called "developed" country in the world ( that's not my opinion, it is a fact).

Again, because so many claim to be Christians, and your knowledge of Christianity does not stem from the source, the Bible, but from the nonsense you see on so-called "christian" television channels (I have seen the idiotic caricaturized frauds posted [with glee] on this site) and the media hype which focuses only on those that call themselves christian who run afoul...you are under a mistaken belief that America is supposedly a "Christian Nation."

At one time, this country had a fear of God which affected their behavior, as well as the stats, lol...which you have supplied in this post. Now, you have given stats and ironically, try to associate them with Christianity.

Incredible. Did you give this post any thought at all before constructing it? I mean really, this is hilarious stuff. I plan on putting this on my own site so that I am not the only one that gets a laugh from it. Don't worry, I will not be using names, it will be anonymous.

(20-10-2011 06:49 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Guess which country has the highest rates of
-abortion
-teenage pregnancy
-sexually transmitted diseases
-childhood mortality
in the developed world?

Now, Mark, lets go back to a time when the liberal agendas were just getting a toehold in the monds of Americans, and look at those same stats. Do you really see no correlation between the increase of these statistics and the increased acceptance of liberal views? Do you really not see the increased problems this country faces as she further departs from the Living God?

(20-10-2011 06:49 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Yes, it is God's own country, the "shining light on the hill," the self proclaimed moral watchdog to the world, the good ole USA.

It is Memorial Day (kind of ironic getting to this post on this day, isn't it?), so, I will just say that you, my friend, have the Liberty to actually speak your view...because of this Country itself. While she is not perfect, I will take the Good Ole USA...any day.

In the morning service we sang America the Beautiful, and I have to admit I can get emotional when I consider all those that have given their lives for this country.. I am a Christian, but I am also a proud American. I feel sorry for those that mock this country, who, like spoiled little children forget that apart from the efforts of those that went before them, they would likely be in bondage to some form of government which would be far worse than that which we now have.

Got another country that is a good prospect for immigration?

(20-10-2011 06:49 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  The most secular developed countries, namely France, Scandinavia and Japan have the best statistics in these parameters.

They are on their way.

Now, if their were a truly Christian Nation (which will not occur until the Millennial Reign of Christ), there would be a dramatic difference in the stats.

(20-10-2011 06:49 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Reason? Immoral Christian parents and teachers refuse to educate their children about contraception and sexual hygiene,

You fail to see that liberal teaching with an absence of teaching concerning discipline and abstinence...have created the stats you speak of.

I said before your position is hilarious ( I have since removed that comment as it became innapropriate to me), let me just make it clear that the stats themselves are tragic. While we exist in a cursed creation, the world in need of redemption, that is, we are going to have issues like this. But what we can do is learn to better instruct our children.

And your sex education programs...are not working.

As far as "sex education" from a Christian perspective, this would include, on my part, instructing my nephew to have respect for women and to wait for the woman he marries, and to my knowledge...that is exactly what he did.

For my nieces, this included instruction that young men are, for the most part, to be kept at a distance. I know someone may say, "I am not like that," or, "I wasn't like that," and there may be a rare acception, but for the most part, it is true as a general rule. I instructed them in abstinence, explained that love is something that is worked at in the marriage, not something that happens instantaneously. It is my belief that people do not know each other...until they are married. Everyone is putting their best foot forward when dating, but when two marry, things change.

People can live together for years, finally decide to get married, then divorce in a short time. Why is that.

And to the best of my knowledge, both nieces have taken that counsel.

(20-10-2011 06:49 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  but fill their heads with superstitious nonsense about gods, heaven, hell, angels, devils and the immoral ethics associated with them.

The one thing that will change the behavior pattern of young people will be a working knowledge of the Bible. I would be confident that my nephew and nieces could stand their ground in any theological discussion...with anyone. Not because they believe what I have taught them, but because I have instructed them that God is the One that will teach people concerning His word.

And that is the difference between religious people and Christians...one of the differences, anyway.

Thanks for the response, but I do hope you will give a little more attetion to what I have said in the future. It will save time.

God bless.
27-05-2012, 03:20 PM
(21-10-2011 08:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Jesus Christos?!? From a very young age? Really? Where the fuck does that vile shit even come from at a very young age? You sure as hell weren't born hating homosexuals.

I've never felt anything at all wrt homosexuals. As long as you're not trying to stick your dick into me, my wife, or my offspring, why should I even give a shit? It's none of my concern. ... none of my business.

I guess I should have said "from a young age" was a reference to my ealry teens. Back then, sexuality was not as prominent as it is today. People back then were concerned about what children were exposed to, so homosexuality aws not something I was really aware of until it began to make it's way into television, usually sitcoms.

In fact, when I was a kid, you did not really even hear cussing on TV.

Goes to show that things have changed dramatically. Want to give your take on how this has influenced our children?

And by the way, if this isn't being ignored (lol)...I can do shorter posts.

(24-10-2011 02:41 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  What about you ST....you have firm opinions about homosexuality...you've gone rather quiet? I think you owe an apology to cufflink, are you big enough to give it?

What exactly is it that I should apologize for?
27-05-2012, 03:23 PM
(23-11-2011 08:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-11-2011 07:33 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Anyone know what happened to ST Ranger?

Last I heard he was saved.

Aw shucks...that's old news.

(23-11-2011 08:28 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I heard that the rapture happened and as it turned out he was right. So was theo, and jesus christ... and whatever other theists we had lurking for the moment.

No, the rapture hasn't occurred yet.

(24-11-2011 02:34 AM)Filox Wrote:  Up, up and awaaaaaaaaaaaay...

Smile

Amen!