A Question for Theists (and others) About Heaven

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-03-2016, 07:46 AM
RE: A Question for Theists (and others) About Heaven
(22-03-2016 04:21 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 04:04 PM)DerFish Wrote:  Here I thunk all ya had to do was hang your head and ask God Jr to wipe that sin out too and you were back in!

That's basically it, yes. It's not complicated, but you do have to believe.

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Exactly @DerFish, good ol' God Jr. fixed it right up! I mean wasn't that the whole point of having Jesus brutally tortured and crucified? So all us sinful humans could get a free ride to Heaven as long as we accept his sacrifice? I would think that would effectively cleanse any and all sins? I know it sounds bad to forgive anything, even mass murder, rape, etc. but, that's the whole point, God is so loving he will forgive you and accept you no matter what. Yes, that's highly immoral, yes it's unfair to good people who don't believe in God, yes it's not true so we can sleep easy at night.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2016, 07:49 AM
(23-03-2016 07:46 AM)ScottD Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 04:21 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  Exactly @DerFish, good ol' God Jr. fixed it right up! I mean wasn't that the whole point of having Jesus brutally tortured and crucified? So all us sinful humans could get a free ride to Heaven as long as we accept his sacrifice? I would think that would effectively cleanse any and all sins? I know it sounds bad to forgive anything, even mass murder, rape, etc. but, that's the whole point, God is so loving he will forgive you and accept you no matter what. Yes, that's highly immoral, yes it's unfair to good people who don't believe in God, yes it's not true so we can sleep easy at night.

Yeah right.

Like two kangaroos in the mating season.

Your point?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
23-03-2016, 08:13 AM
(22-03-2016 04:02 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 03:25 PM)ScottD Wrote:  The teachings of Christ are very clear on what is sin.

They are?

Yes, his teachings are simple enough for children in sunday school to understand. You'll never know that without faith. Faith is the one and only requirement for Christianity, after faith the word is revealing.

(22-03-2016 03:25 PM)ScottD Wrote:  We know in our hearts what is right and wrong.

We do? Or you just believe that we know such?
I do. do you or don't you? you do.

(22-03-2016 03:25 PM)ScottD Wrote:  The verse I quoted tells us that any sin can keep us from God.

I don't think so - verse say that we all sin and none of us is as glorious/worthy of praise as god.

You've misunderstood. Again, you need faith first.
23-03-2016, 08:26 AM
(23-03-2016 08:13 AM)ScottD Wrote:  Yes, his teachings are simple enough for children in sunday school to understand. You'll never know that without faith. Faith is the one and only requirement for Christianity, after faith the word is revealing.

I suppose it is thanks to ease of interpreting those teachings christianity is rock solid religion without thousands of sects Rolleyes

Educate yourself.

(23-03-2016 08:13 AM)ScottD Wrote:  I do. do you or don't you? you do.

Even trolling shouldn't be so idiotic.

(23-03-2016 08:13 AM)ScottD Wrote:  You've misunderstood. Again, you need faith first.

Bullshit. It's no church here and you're not priest speaking to gullible sheep. Your words means shit without something to back them.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
23-03-2016, 08:47 AM
(23-03-2016 08:13 AM)ScottD Wrote:  Yes, his teachings are simplesimplistic enough forthat only children in sunday school to understandcan accept. You'll never know that without faithgullibility. faithgullibility is the one and only requirement for Christianity

Fixed that for you
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
23-03-2016, 09:02 AM
(23-03-2016 08:26 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 08:13 AM)ScottD Wrote:  Yes, his teachings are simple enough for children in sunday school to understand. You'll never know that without faith. Faith is the one and only requirement for Christianity, after faith the word is revealing.

I suppose it is thanks to ease of interpreting those teachings christianity is rock solid religion without thousands of sects Rolleyes

Educate yourself.

(23-03-2016 08:13 AM)ScottD Wrote:  I do. do you or don't you? you do.

Even trolling shouldn't be so idiotic.

(23-03-2016 08:13 AM)ScottD Wrote:  You've misunderstood. Again, you need faith first.

Bullshit. It's no church here and you're not priest speaking to gullible sheep. Your words means shit without something to back them.

And more insults, always the same with you folks.
23-03-2016, 09:03 AM
(23-03-2016 08:47 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 08:13 AM)ScottD Wrote:  Yes, his teachings are simplesimplistic enough forthat only children in sunday school to understandcan accept. You'll never know that without faithgullibility. faithgullibility is the one and only requirement for Christianity

Fixed that for you
Drinking Beverage

Brilliant, I can tell this is where the "thinking" atheists gather.
23-03-2016, 09:06 AM
(23-03-2016 09:02 AM)ScottD Wrote:  And more insults, always the same with you folks.

Oh look another persecuted christian. Did I hurt your feelings?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
23-03-2016, 09:11 AM
(23-03-2016 09:02 AM)ScottD Wrote:  And more insults, always the same with you folks.

(23-03-2016 09:03 AM)ScottD Wrote:  Brilliant, I can tell this is where the "thinking" atheists gather.

1. You invited yourself here.
2. No one's forcing you to stay.
3. Most of us, the "you folks" haven't said anything to you. This is the second thing I've said to you. The first was help with the quotes code.
4. You haven't been innocent and pristine, either.
5. Thanks for the sweeping generalization.
6. Goodbye.
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
23-03-2016, 09:12 AM
(23-03-2016 09:06 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  

Oh look another persecuted christian. Did I hurt your feelings?

(23-03-2016 09:02 AM)ScottD Wrote:  Another atheist angry at a God that doesn't exist.