A Question for Theists (and others) About Heaven

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-03-2016, 09:22 AM
RE: A Question for Theists (and others) About Heaven
(23-03-2016 09:12 AM)ScottD Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 09:06 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Oh look another persecuted christian. Did I hurt your feelings?

(23-03-2016 09:02 AM)ScottD Wrote:  Another atheist angry at a God that doesn't exist.

It'd really help if you figured out how to use the quote tags properly.

Atheists aren't angry at a god, that makes no sense. When there is anger it is for believers who try to turn their unsubstantiated claims into laws and who disown family and friends because we choose to consider the evidence rather than just blindly accept the claims.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
23-03-2016, 09:36 AM
(23-03-2016 09:02 AM)ScottD Wrote:  Another atheist angry at a God that doesn't exist.

You're so original.

But you forgot to tell me that you would be praying for me troll.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
23-03-2016, 09:37 AM
(23-03-2016 09:22 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 09:12 AM)ScottD Wrote:  

It'd really help if you figured out how to use the quote tags properly.

Atheists aren't angry at a god, that makes no sense. When there is anger it is for believers who try to turn their unsubstantiated claims into laws and who disown family and friends because we choose to consider the evidence rather than just blindly accept the claims.

Personally, I've never really felt any sort of anger towards any god, or even towards any sort of organized religion. Feeling anger towards an entity I never believed in to begin with would be rather difficult.

I do occasionally feel things towards various believers, but "anger" is too strong a word, really. It's more a vague and generalized annoyance, at most, with people like The Q Continuum, who go out of their way to be condescending asshats.

I feel plenty of genuine anger towards lots of people, but it's never been for their beliefs. I don't hate ISIS because they're Muslim, for example. I hate them because they are murderous scumbags.

I'm sure that there are some atheists who are also misotheists, but this common generalization of all atheists as belonging to that subcategory is completely incorrect.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
23-03-2016, 09:54 AM
(23-03-2016 09:11 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 09:02 AM)ScottD Wrote:  And more insults, always the same with you folks.

(23-03-2016 09:03 AM)ScottD Wrote:  Brilliant, I can tell this is where the "thinking" atheists gather.

1. You invited yourself here.
2. No one's forcing you to stay.
3. Most of us, the "you folks" haven't said anything to you. This is the second thing I've said to you. The first was help with the quotes code.
4. You haven't been innocent and pristine, either.
5. Thanks for the sweeping generalization.
6. Goodbye.

(23-03-2016 09:03 AM)ScottD Wrote:  I responded to an insulting response, not allowed?.
My "sweeping generalization" is based on my experiences on atheist forums.
Almost invariably,

) Christians are insulted and ridiculed.
) Atheists seem very angry (you're angry and I wasn't even having a discussion with you)

Do you think this is true, or am I just generalizing?
23-03-2016, 10:12 AM
(23-03-2016 09:37 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 09:22 AM)unfogged Wrote:  It'd really help if you figured out how to use the quote tags properly.

Personally, I've never really felt any sort of anger towards any god, or even towards any sort of organized religion. Feeling anger towards an entity I never believed in to begin with would be rather difficult.

I do occasionally feel things towards various believers, but "anger" is too strong a word, really. It's more a vague and generalized annoyance, at most, with people like The Q Continuum, who go out of their way to be condescending asshats.

I feel plenty of genuine anger towards lots of people, but it's never been for their beliefs. I don't hate ISIS because they're Muslim, for example. I hate them because they are murderous scumbags.

I'm sure that there are some atheists who are also misotheists, but this common generalization of all atheists as belonging to that subcategory is completely incorrect.

(23-03-2016 09:02 AM)ScottD Wrote:  My apologies, think my quotes are good now?
My experience has been that alot (not all) of atheists
have some anger towards God. It's just a fact, I see it again and again.
There's a lot of anger towards Christians as well. You can look at my posts since I've been on this site and see I've been insulted over and over.
I'm not here promoting religion. Religion can be very bad and we see examples of it all over the world. I actually get why a lot of folks are angry.
There's a difference between Religion and True Christianity. I wonder if anyone here could have that discussion in a civil manner?
23-03-2016, 10:21 AM

No.

(23-03-2016 09:02 AM)ScottD Wrote:  My experience has been that alot (not all) of atheists

My experience has been that a lot of christians have some anger towards unicorns. It's just a fact, I see it again and again.

(23-03-2016 09:02 AM)ScottD Wrote:  There's a lot of anger towards Christians as well.

I wonder why? I suppose that their preachines and trying to force their taboos onto others have nothing to do with it.

(23-03-2016 09:02 AM)ScottD Wrote:  You can look at my posts since I've been on this site and see I've been insulted over and over.

Ridiculed. And nonsense deserve ridiculing.

(23-03-2016 09:02 AM)ScottD Wrote:  There's a difference between Religion and True Christianity.

Sure there is. True Christianity which happens to be your drug of choice is fine and dandy and other religions are bad Rolleyes.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
23-03-2016, 10:25 AM

Better, but this business of quoting yourself is odd.

Quote:My experience has been that alot (not all) of atheists

No, atheists don't believe any god exists and being angry at a fictional character makes no sense. Frustration at the actions of religions and religious people and at the waste of time, money, and effort over nothing is easy to misconstrue.

Quote:There's a lot of anger towards Christians as well. You can look at my posts since I've been on this site and see I've been insulted over and over.

You came in spouting generalizations about atheists and repeating the same old tired cliches that we hear over and over so you got back what you gave. There are other christians here who are treated with respect because they treat the atheists they encounter with respect.

Quote:I'm not here promoting religion. Religion can be very bad and we see examples of it all over the world. I actually get why a lot of folks are angry.
There's a difference between Religion and True Christianity. I wonder if anyone here could have that discussion in a civil manner?

No True Christian™ is another common refrain. There are thousands of christian sects and they all say they are right and the rest are misguided in one way or another. There has been no objectively demonstrable evidence for any of them so far but if you think you have a coherent definition of what "True Christianity" is and evidence to support the claim that it is not just mythology please present it.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
23-03-2016, 10:28 AM
(23-03-2016 10:21 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  

No.

(23-03-2016 09:02 AM)ScottD Wrote:  My experience has been that alot (not all) of atheists

My experience has been that a lot of christians have some anger towards unicorns. It's just a fact, I see it again and again.

(23-03-2016 09:02 AM)ScottD Wrote:  There's a lot of anger towards Christians as well.

I wonder why? I suppose that their preachines and trying to force their taboos onto others have nothing to do with it.

(23-03-2016 09:02 AM)ScottD Wrote:  You can look at my posts since I've been on this site and see I've been insulted over and over.

(23-03-2016 09:02 AM)ScottD Wrote:  There's a difference between Religion and True Christianity.

Sure there is. True Christianity which happens to be your drug of choice is fine and dandy and other religions are bad Rolleyes.

(23-03-2016 09:02 AM)ScottD Wrote:  Thanks for helping prove my point.
23-03-2016, 10:30 AM
(23-03-2016 10:28 AM)ScottD Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 10:21 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  No.

whats your point?
[+] 1 user Likes Jewelarcher's post
23-03-2016, 10:30 AM

Your point? Well I can't say that you lack the sense of humor.

Mikhail Bakunin.