A Quote that insults both liberals and conservatives

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2016, 11:18 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2016 10:36 AM by OrdoSkeptica.)
A Quote that insults both liberals and conservatives
I'm neither a liberal nor a conservative on some issues i think both have a point when possible i try to define issues of disagreement by not assigning them to one group other .Because i understand politics can a nuanced especially when it comes to different nations. Well today i found a quote that pisses off both my conservative and liberal elements it goes as followed.

"Liberals think the lives of children are so important that the will destroy the first amendment to protect them. But will not lift a finger to stop the killing of unborn children because they consider them an inconvenience this is how evil they are."

Were do i begin. Last i checked few liberals want to completely abolish the 1 amendment they merely want controls on it .(weather you agree with this or not at least be honest about there position) Last i checked a large number of conservatives agree that some degree of control is needed and I've even meet conservatives who are anti gun they just aren't outspoken about it .So this is simplistic and stupid both sides have nuances.

The second statement is just stupid the term unborn child is a misnomer there is no such thing and compare it to fully born children is absurd even more so in the notion that all liberals are pro choice and that anti choice is conservative IT'S NOT!!!

And lastly who the fuck is this person to choose for a woman what's mere inconvenience and what is essential .Like many Anti choice yahoo's this person seems to think woman just get up one morning and say hey i don't want the responsibility of this fetus so i'm just going to go have an abortion" .Then goes to the magic money tree gets 30k then spends the whole operation drinking martinis and getting a tan. An abortion is a serious medical procedure it's not pleasant and no woman i have ever known treats it like it's some fun magic get out of responsibility card because it's fucking not .It's something iv'e seen people agonize over for days. and one i barely known a woman who would do it twice not because it's bad but because it's a freaking medical procedure( an expensive one) no one wants to do unless they believed it was best overall.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2016, 04:57 AM
RE: A Quote that insults both liberals and conservatives
Um, what part of the first amendment are "liberals" trying to destroy?

Do you mean the 2nd amendment? (Guns.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
14-08-2016, 10:40 AM
(14-08-2016 04:57 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Um, what part of the first amendment are "liberals" trying to destroy?

That was his typo in quote i left it in wanted to see if anyone would noticed i got the wrong amendment

somone appearntly did Big Grin

14-08-2016, 10:43 AM
(14-08-2016 10:40 AM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  [quote='RocketSurgeon76' pid='1046846' dateline='1471172250']
Um, what part of the first amendment are "liberals" trying to destroy?

That was his mistake in the quote . I left it in wanted to see if anyone would notice .My reuse of it was for mocking purposes

But yes i'm sure the guy meant the 2 amendment

14-08-2016, 12:08 PM
Quote:"Liberals think the lives of children are so important that the will destroy the SECOND amendment to protect them. But will not lift a finger to stop the killing of unborn children because they consider them an inconvenience this is how evil they are."

Right. First off, the two issues are not connected. Second, conservatives are famous for wanting to protect a child until it's born, and no further, so they're the ones who find children inconvenient. And third, liberals work hard at helping prevent unwanted pregnancies, and this is not the same as "killing unborn children."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-08-2016, 04:16 PM
(14-08-2016 10:40 AM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 04:57 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Um, what part of the first amendment are "liberals" trying to destroy?

That was his typo in quote i left it in wanted to see if anyone would noticed i got the wrong amendment

somone appearntly did Big Grin

There is very very few people on this forum who would miss that mistake, even the non Americans like myself.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
14-08-2016, 04:30 PM

There was actually this study recently. Obviously a majority of millennials still support free speech as opposed to limited speech, though.
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
14-08-2016, 04:32 PM
(14-08-2016 10:40 AM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  

I'm not so sure it was a typo. I think they meant the first amendment.

#sigh
14-08-2016, 04:42 PM
(14-08-2016 04:30 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  

There was actually this study recently. Obviously a majority of millennials still support free speech as opposed to limited speech, though.

40% of millennials are ok with restrictions on free speech Facepalm

Yale students are also fine with abolishing 1st amendment.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...peech.html

What kind of idiots are you growing there?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
14-08-2016, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2016 04:58 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
(14-08-2016 04:42 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 04:30 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  There was actually this study recently. Obviously a majority of millennials still support free speech as opposed to limited speech, though.

40% of millennials are ok with restrictions on free speech Facepalm

Yale students are also fine with abolishing 1st amendment.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...peech.html

What kind of idiots are you growing there?

Europe and many other parts of the world have their own restrictions on free speech. But yes, we need a better education system. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post