A Real Workout

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2017, 09:57 AM
A Real Workout
Wow.

I am getting a real workout on this forum.

I have been a debater for many years, so I understand passionate responses and I am fine with that.

Over the years, my views have changed on certain subjects based on more information and I am proud of that fact I can change my mind and not be threatened by new information.

I have recently been accused of still have a fundamentalist mindset. That could not be further from the truth. I am striving just the exact opposite. To have a totally open mind based on new information. But I also do not close off possibilities since due to lack of evidence, I simply choose not to believe until there is evidence.

But my open mindedness is getting blasted by a few here who, IN MY OPINION, are being as fundamentalist as they accuse me of.

That's fine.

I will continue to post my ideas and opinions and take my lumps along the way.

Steve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2017, 10:00 AM
RE: A Real Workout
It's just a phase. Jesus wants you back. We'll pray for you.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
08-07-2017, 10:00 AM
You expected clapping on the back and people here saying how good your ideas are?

Also I would say that it is gullibility which is getting you blasted.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
08-07-2017, 10:05 AM
(08-07-2017 10:00 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's just a phase. Jesus wants you back. We'll pray for you.

Thank you dear. Jesus loves you too.
08-07-2017, 10:08 AM
(08-07-2017 10:00 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  You expected clapping on the back and people here saying how good your ideas are?

Mia culpa.

I was hoping for a more supportive forum here among fellow non-believers. But only you and a few others are blasting me, and that's fine.

You are clearly entitled to your views and I to mine.
08-07-2017, 10:11 AM
(08-07-2017 10:08 AM)slw0606 Wrote:  I was hoping for a more supportive forum here among fellow non-believers.

Being atheist does not oblige me to support other atheists. Bad idea is bad no matter from whom it comes.

Quote:But only you and a few others are blasting me, and that's fine.

I think that you can expect more blasting with your supernatural claptrap.

Quote:You are clearly entitled to your views and I to mine.

Obviously.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
08-07-2017, 10:16 AM
(08-07-2017 10:08 AM)slw0606 Wrote:  I was hoping for a more supportive forum here among fellow non-believers. But only you and a few others are blasting me, and that's fine.

You start out here telling us what we must do, and what is an honest response and what is or is not intellectually honest. Facepalm

You're preaching, Mr. Preacher-man. Your post is preaching. You're an evangelical. The details are just details. You *need * to tell people what they must do, what is honest, and how they must think.

Quote:But atheists need to be careful we do not fall into the same trap as dogmatic believers.
There is no proof God exists and it is a honest response to live one's life accordingly. But it is not being intellectually honest to say, definitively, God does not exist.

If you *really* dismissed the idea of the gods, and were an atheist, the question of whether they exist or not would not even be on your radar. It's clearly front and center.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
08-07-2017, 10:17 AM
(08-07-2017 10:00 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  You expected clapping on the back and people here saying how good your ideas are?

You know it is really one thing to give me a negative reputation rating. That is your prerogative.

But then to say: "Clown playing "supernatural" card. Also unwarranted use of terms like "friend" or "dear" seems fishy." is very insulting and harsh.

You do not know me from Adam. You have no fucking idea what I have lived in my life and you have some nerve to suggest I am disingenuous.

What you are is the politically correct thought police. If I DARE say anything outside the party line, you insult me with pejoratives like Clown.

And excuse me for not seeing in the party handbook "supernatural" was an illegal word on this forum.

My use of the words friend and dear are meant as playful humor. But go ahead and assign me as a troll out to offend people.

All I seek is an honest dialogue, with respect.
08-07-2017, 10:18 AM
I haven't seen any of your posts yet, but if you're already getting some negativity on here, maybe it's time to reassess? There are a lot of people who come on here with differing viewpoints and are still able to coexist. Based on my experience of viewing the forum, the ones who get neg blow back are usually doing something (inadvertently or otherwise) to get a negative reaction from other members. Anyway, just my two cents Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
08-07-2017, 10:19 AM
(08-07-2017 10:17 AM)slw0606 Wrote:  

You know it is really one thing to give me a negative reputation rating. That is your prerogative.

But then to say: "Clown playing "supernatural" card. Also unwarranted use of terms like "friend" or "dear" seems fishy." is very insulting and harsh.

You do not know me from Adam. You have no fucking idea what I have lived in my life and you have some nerve to suggest I am disingenuous.

What you are is the politically correct thought police. If I DARE say anything outside the party line, you insult me with pejoratives like Clown.

And excuse me for not seeing in the party handbook "supernatural" was an illegal word on this forum.

My use of the words friend and dear are meant as playful humor. But go ahead and assign me as a troll out to offend people.

All I seek is an honest dialogue, with respect.

What kind of supernatural beliefs do you have? I'm fine with each person believing as they wish, btw. Just curious as to what your belief set is?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi