A Real Workout

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2017, 10:21 AM
RE: A Real Workout
(08-07-2017 10:18 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I haven't seen any of your posts yet, but if you're already getting some negativity on here, maybe it's time to reassess? There are a lot of people who come on here with differing viewpoints and are still able to coexist. Based on my experience of viewing the forum, the ones who get neg blow back are usually doing something (inadvertently or otherwise) to get a negative reaction from other members. Anyway, just my two cents Wink

It is definitively inadvertent. I am not trying to get a negative reaction, but I do seek an open dialogue. If that includes criticism, than so be it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like slw0606's post
08-07-2017, 10:22 AM
[Image: JT-cry-me-a-river-GIF.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
08-07-2017, 10:24 AM
(08-07-2017 10:16 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 10:08 AM)slw0606 Wrote:  I was hoping for a more supportive forum here among fellow non-believers. But only you and a few others are blasting me, and that's fine.

You start out here telling us what we must do, and what is an honest response and what is or is not intellectually honest. Facepalm

You're preaching, Mr. Preacher-man. Your post is preaching. You're an evangelical. The details are just details. You *need * to tell people what they must do, what is honest, and how they must think.

Quote:But atheists need to be careful we do not fall into the same trap as dogmatic believers.
There is no proof God exists and it is a honest response to live one's life accordingly. But it is not being intellectually honest to say, definitively, God does not exist.

If you *really* dismissed the idea of the gods, and were an atheist, the question of whether they exist or not would not even be on your radar. It's clearly front and center.

Bucky, are you sitting down? Get ready for this....

You are right!

I was preaching.

And I should strive not to use such preachy words.

In the future if I say, "As for me, I prefer to do this, or say that, or be whatever" will that be OK? And this question is not sarcasm.
[+] 1 user Likes slw0606's post
08-07-2017, 10:25 AM
(08-07-2017 10:17 AM)slw0606 Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 10:00 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  You expected clapping on the back and people here saying how good your ideas are?

Also I would say that it is gullibility which is getting you blasted.

You know it is really one thing to give me a negative reputation rating. That is your prerogative.

But then to say: "Clown playing "supernatural" card. Also unwarranted use of terms like "friend" or "dear" seems fishy." is very insulting and harsh.

You do not know me from Adam. You have no fucking idea what I have lived in my life and you have some nerve to suggest I am disingenuous.

What you are is the politically correct thought police. If I DARE say anything outside the party line, you insult me with pejoratives like Clown.

And excuse me for not seeing in the party handbook "supernatural" was an illegal word on this forum.

My use of the words friend and dear are meant as playful humor. But go ahead and assign me as a troll out to offend people.

All I seek is an honest dialogue, with respect.

Then check your condescension at the door.

Friend and dear are almost buzzwords here, used by the new to indicate their disdain. You speak trollspeak and have therefore been seen as one.

If it walks like a duck, and it talks like a duck...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
08-07-2017, 10:27 AM
(08-07-2017 10:21 AM)slw0606 Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 10:18 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I haven't seen any of your posts yet, but if you're already getting some negativity on here, maybe it's time to reassess? There are a lot of people who come on here with differing viewpoints and are still able to coexist. Based on my experience of viewing the forum, the ones who get neg blow back are usually doing something (inadvertently or otherwise) to get a negative reaction from other members. Anyway, just my two cents Wink

It is definitively inadvertent. I am not trying to get a negative reaction, but I do seek an open dialogue. If that includes criticism, than so be it.

Well, then the only thing I could suggest then is to maybe read your negative reps and take a step back and see if there is any truth to them in terms of how you view your interactions on the forum. If you truly are being inadvertent, and even if you are not, everyone deserves a second chance, imo. Several members on here turned the neg reps they had around--so it is possible to do.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
08-07-2017, 10:28 AM
(08-07-2017 10:17 AM)slw0606 Wrote:  You know it is really one thing to give me a negative reputation rating. That is your prerogative.

But then to say: "Clown playing "supernatural" card. Also unwarranted use of terms like "friend" or "dear" seems fishy." is very insulting and harsh.

Oh poor you. I find your manner of writing insulting - we aren't friends so you're liar. As for dear it looks patronizing. But now you're playing one who got hurt? Would be hilarious if it weren't pathetic.

Quote:You do not know me from Adam.

Nor I know you from Eve.

Quote:You have no fucking idea what I have lived in my life and you have some nerve to suggest I am disingenuous.

I don't fucking care what you lived through. Your life wasn't all milk and honey? What a surprise. Hardly anybody could claim that. You're no one special, just I suspect another woo peddler in disguise who now play hurt dove for sympathy.

Quote:What you are is the politically correct thought police. If I DARE say anything outside the party line, you insult me with pejoratives like Clown.

You say clownish things you got called on it. Simple as that.

Quote:And excuse me for not seeing in the party handbook "supernatural" was an illegal word on this forum.

Party handbook? What's next? Commie atheists, troll?

And supernatural isn't illegal, just nonsense for which there is no evidence.

Quote:My use of the words friend and dear are meant as playful humor.

Sure. And theists warn atheists about hell out of love.

Quote:But go ahead and assign me as a troll out to offend people.

I will. I think you're troll infuriated that someone bothered to see through your disguise, instead of clapping your back.

Quote:All I seek is an honest dialogue, with respect.

I don't have a shred of respect for you.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
08-07-2017, 10:30 AM
(08-07-2017 10:19 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 10:17 AM)slw0606 Wrote:  You know it is really one thing to give me a negative reputation rating. That is your prerogative.

You do not know me from Adam. You have no fucking idea what I have lived in my life and you have some nerve to suggest I am disingenuous.

What you are is the politically correct thought police. If I DARE say anything outside the party line, you insult me with pejoratives like Clown.

And excuse me for not seeing in the party handbook "supernatural" was an illegal word on this forum.

My use of the words friend and dear are meant as playful humor. But go ahead and assign me as a troll out to offend people.

What kind of supernatural beliefs do you have? I'm fine with each person believing as they wish, btw. Just curious as to what your belief set is?

At the moment zero.

I was just saying we cannot prove the supernatural does not exist by definition and got blasted.
08-07-2017, 10:31 AM
(08-07-2017 10:22 AM)Vera Wrote:  [Image: JT-cry-me-a-river-GIF.gif]

Great song!
08-07-2017, 10:32 AM
(08-07-2017 10:25 AM)Anjele Wrote:  

Then check your condescension at the door.

Friend and dear are almost buzzwords here, used by the new to indicate their disdain. You speak trollspeak and have therefore been seen as one.

If it walks like a duck, and it talks like a duck...

OK. Point taken.
08-07-2017, 03:14 PM
(08-07-2017 10:17 AM)slw0606 Wrote:  My use of the words friend and dear are meant as playful humor.

The problem is that no one here is either dear to you or your friend. Some may become so in time, many will not. The words 'dear' and 'friend' are not a problem. I have used both in the past with no problem, but only personally to those that I think it applies to. They know who they are....maybe.
Treat everyone here with respect and receive the same in return.

What do you mean Life is short. It's the longest thing you're going to do.