A Real Workout

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2017, 08:00 PM
RE: A Real Workout
(08-07-2017 05:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 03:49 PM)JesseB Wrote:  I agree with this, and I'd like to add for clarity, for anyone new who may read this. Religious folks that like to troll or proselytize often (and usually in kinda an obviously passive aggressive snarky way), use these terms. They seem to think that buy putting icing on top of the pile of shit (not claiming anything anyone here has said as shit as I've not really read most of the posts yet), but THEY (pointing at religious folks and trolls) come here shit on the floor put friendly words like dear on it and think we won't smell the shit under the icing. If that makes sense.

Perhaps this can add clarity to why some here would have a strong negative reaction to such language. "Oh hun, it's not like that at all. I don't hate you. Wherever did you get that idea?" (code word for I hate your guts in southern hospitality language)

I would also like to point out, and I mean this in as nice a way as I can say it. That complaining about how people treat you is generally a good way to ensure they continue treating you in that manner. I mean it's one thing to say 'Hey I don't think I deserved that" but... if it's dragging across multiple threads like that, it's only going to increase hostility and negative reactions. (I'm sharing this as someone who was excessively bullied my whole life)

Jesse,
If you want clarity on something I say then please ask me.

If you want to add to something I say then please do.

But, please don't clarify things for me to other people. I think I speak fairly clearly most of the time. And your 'clarification' of my words may not be correct.

Thank you.

It's too late to edit the post, however... That's kinda what I meant. Even if the wording was wrong, I'll be more careful with wording in the future.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2017, 08:08 PM
(08-07-2017 07:58 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 07:49 PM)Vera Wrote:  Just in case I've been misunderstood all this time (kinda story of my life right now Sleepy ), when I call Girly and Bucky, and Johnny "my dear" (or other people "my friend") it's because I honestly mean it, and I do love Girly and Bucky, and Johnny.

Now, "cupcake" is a whole other story... Angel

We all do, hell I think Girly and Rob are sexy beasts for what it's worth >.>

(I have yet to see a picture of Bucky and Johnny so I can't say that for sure, but they prolly are too)

Go stalk the "Do you have the Balls, etc.,..." picture thread. Yes

As for how Vera addresses these people, she's known them for years. That makes a huge difference.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
09-07-2017, 02:20 PM
(08-07-2017 10:30 AM)slw0606 Wrote:  I was just saying we cannot prove the supernatural does not exist by definition and got blasted.

Uh... "disprove" the supernatural? There is NO supernatural to disprove. It seems as though you've still got a lot of your god-bothering instincts alive and well, and flourishing despite your pseudo atheism.

And assuming that you're claiming the possibility that anything supernatural could in fact exist, then it's up to you—as the proponent of the claim, to prove it, and not up to atheists—as opponents, to disprove it. It would seem you have very little idea of mounting an argument that relies on logic.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post