A Real Zombie Apocalypse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2016, 08:28 AM
RE: A Real Zombie Apocalypse
(23-05-2016 07:52 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  My money is on a catastrophic level solar flare knocking out the power grid. The hardware needed to operate the central power grid hubs takes about a year to manufacture, and there are few if any replacement pieces on hand. The infrastructure all needs to be overhauled, upgraded, and future proofed; or else mother nature will inevitably bitch slap the fuck out of us.

Plus, how many more jobs would that help create? More than blowing up brown people on the other side of the Earth.

I've heard a fair bit about the solar flare scenario - and it does seem very likely.

Although -- I think it would create more chaos than jobs.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2016, 12:29 AM
(23-05-2016 08:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 07:52 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  My money is on a catastrophic level solar flare knocking out the power grid. The hardware needed to operate the central power grid hubs takes about a year to manufacture, and there are few if any replacement pieces on hand. The infrastructure all needs to be overhauled, upgraded, and future proofed; or else mother nature will inevitably bitch slap the fuck out of us.

Plus, how many more jobs would that help create? More than blowing up brown people on the other side of the Earth.

I've heard a fair bit about the solar flare scenario - and it does seem very likely.

Building and upgrading infrastructure creates jobs. Solar flares, not so much...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
24-05-2016, 05:30 AM
(24-05-2016 12:29 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 08:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I've heard a fair bit about the solar flare scenario - and it does seem very likely.

Building and upgrading infrastructure creates jobs. Solar flares, not so much...

Now you're really getting into fantasy -- people planning ahead???

Ohmy

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.