A Religious Asshat, Is Costing Me a Friend

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2015, 10:58 AM
RE: A Religious Asshat, Is Costing Me a Friend
You are a good friend Smile
Is there anyone else near her that you know? Another neutral place to meet and play?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
24-12-2015, 11:12 AM
(24-12-2015 10:58 AM)skyking Wrote:  You are a good friend Smile
Is there anyone else near her that you know? Another neutral place to meet and play?

Thank you, she's been a very good friend to me.

No but I haven't given much thought to where we might play beside her place. Consider

Thx, I'll give that some thought. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
24-12-2015, 11:29 AM
glad to help. maybe a third person (or a fourth!) for cards and games. Good times.
25-12-2015, 10:46 AM
A Religious Asshat, Is Costing Me a Friend
It might be hard to speak to the guy directly about his behavior. Maybe talk to the other person this man is affecting and ask her questions regarding his behavior. I don't honestly know what to say. It's hard to talk to someone who you know is manipulating someone else. I was in that situation myself but I finally saw what my ex was doing. Maybe she will open her eyes one day.
[+] 1 user Likes musicharmony87's post
25-12-2015, 11:15 AM
The mom of a friend of mine had a problem once with one of his classmates drunk-crank calling her over several nights. She knew who it was, and was going to let it go, but he just wouldn't let up. After it stopped being funny and she asked him what gave him the right to keep harassing her, he replied most brilliantly " 'Cuz Mickey Mouse said I could!!". A few days later he was sober and at her house with her son and some other friends, and she confronted him when they were in the kitchen. She reached into a drawer, pulled out a butcher knife, placed it up against his crotch, and gave him a stern lecture about being more careful when taking Mickey Mouse's bad advice in the future.

The moral is that a butcher knife to the crotch can be a very powerful motivator.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
26-12-2015, 10:27 AM
Sorry, didn't mean to drop out, been flu/bedridden since Thursday. Blech.

Back to bed for me. Sadcryface2

26-12-2015, 10:47 AM
(26-12-2015 10:27 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Sorry, didn't mean to drop out, been flu/bedridden since Thursday. Blech.

Back to bed for me. Sadcryface2
<tissues>
Hug
30-12-2015, 03:56 PM
Oh pooh!

Monday, my friend and I made plans to make yeast bread. I don't make it often and she does so I wanted her to show me. I was also going to help her with her quilt. Doofus-son was going to Missouri to visit with his daughter and grandkids, so we made our plans for Thursday, baking, lunch and cards. I was happy! Banana_zorro Cinnamon rolls!!!

She called this morning and he came home and brought the grandkids with him (of course she'll be caring for them)... Thursday cancelled. They will be here until Sunday after church. Sadcryface2

So we put off our day for a week or two. I don't know for sure but I wouldn't put it past him to do this on purpose. She was pretty irritated with him. She said he came in the door, and said "I brought you visitors" and then went to bed saying he didn't feel very well. Hobo She was fixing breakfast for a 2 and 5yrs old.

Arrrggghhh! Sad

30-12-2015, 06:02 PM
whyiaughta...........
peeps like that just piss me off!