A Rock So Heavy

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
22-11-2013, 03:31 PM
RE: A Rock So Heavy
(22-11-2013 02:59 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Checkmate PJ!

What, Cthulu can't be dreaming while's He also dead?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2013, 03:35 PM
(22-11-2013 03:28 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  If "God" went back in time and killed his grandfather, before his grandfather ever meet his grandmother, would "God" ever have been born, in order to go back in time and kill his grandfather in the first place, thus meaning he would be born, in order to go into the past and kill his grandfather, but then he..............................................................................​................................................................................​................................................................................​................................................................................​................................................................................​................................................................................​..................................................

Alright, this is a blues riff in B. Watch me for the changes and try to keep up.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 4 users Like evenheathen's post
22-11-2013, 03:40 PM
(22-11-2013 03:30 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Am I flogging, beating, persecuting or spanking that horse?

It's DED!

D-E-D

DED!

...or something like that. I just hate the GRP... in case you haven't noticed.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
22-11-2013, 03:41 PM
(22-11-2013 03:35 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 03:28 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  If "God" went back in time and killed his grandfather, before his grandfather ever meet his grandmother, would "God" ever have been born, in order to go back in time and kill his grandfather in the first place, thus meaning he would be born, in order to go into the past and kill his grandfather, but then he..............................................................................​................................................................................​................................................................................​................................................................................​................................................................................​................................................................................​..................................................

Alright, this is a blues riff in B. Watch me for the changes and try to keep up.

And if God did that, could he stop Michael J. Fox from kissing his mother? Or Dr. Who from playing Radagast?
[+] 1 user Likes PleaseJesus's post
22-11-2013, 03:44 PM
(22-11-2013 03:40 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 03:30 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Am I flogging, beating, persecuting or spanking that horse?

It's DED!

D-E-D

DED!

...or something like that. I just hate the GRP... in case you haven't noticed.

That horse ain't heavy, he's my brother...
22-11-2013, 03:47 PM

Per Kingsy's dead horse posting, you are behaving like an animated retard. Drinking Beverage again

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
22-11-2013, 03:51 PM
(22-11-2013 02:50 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  God makes a universe with a big rock in it whose mass fills every bit of its space. This proposed universe can be massive and stretch across time itself along with the mass of the rock or the size of a football field or even smaller if you like. Idea

Now since there is nowhere to go for the rock, God must move the whole universe inside its dimension to "lift the rock".

He has made a rock so massive He cannot lift it in space, although He can move it by moving the universe through a continuum outside the space/time of that universe. He has made a rock He both can "lift" and cannot "lift" and He can do both actions at the same time by moving the whole universe--and that is awesome. Checkmate, atheists!

The real question is can God do something illogical such as violate Newtonian principles in our universe?

And the real rock is Jesus Christ. You and I cannot lift Him, He was lifted above the Earth for our sin. He rose so trusting Him we receive eternal life.

If you stumble over the rock, you will be saved. If the rock falls upon you, you will be crushed.

Again just so we're clear, checkmate. Drinking Beverage
Yet another demonstration that you don't understand what omnipotence is. Drinking Beverage

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
22-11-2013, 03:51 PM
(22-11-2013 02:50 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  God makes a universe with a big rock in it whose mass fills every bit of its space. This proposed universe can be massive and stretch across time itself along with the mass of the rock or the size of a football field or even smaller if you like. Idea

Now since there is nowhere to go for the rock, God must move the whole universe inside its dimension to "lift the rock".

He has made a rock so massive He cannot lift it in space, although He can move it by moving the universe through a continuum outside the space/time of that universe. He has made a rock He both can "lift" and cannot "lift" and He can do both actions at the same time by moving the whole universe--and that is awesome. Checkmate, atheists!

The real question is can God do something illogical such as violate Newtonian principles in our universe?

And the real rock is Jesus Christ. You and I cannot lift Him, He was lifted above the Earth for our sin. He rose so trusting Him we receive eternal life.

If you stumble over the rock, you will be saved. If the rock falls upon you, you will be crushed.

K. The question was not about the size of rock in regards to the size of the universe. You limited the size of gods universe! (Another limitation on God!) The question is the size of the rock. Given God's ability to create an infinite universe! Can god, with his infinite powers, create a rock, with his infinite powers, create a rock He can't lift? In other word's, can God, with his infinite power, create a universe that, even he, is incapable of understanding?
22-11-2013, 03:55 PM
(22-11-2013 03:51 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  

K. The question was not about the size of rock in regards to the size of the universe. You limited the size of gods universe! (Another limitation on God!) The question is the size of the rock. Given God's ability to create an infinite universe! Can god, with his infinite powers, create a rock, with his infinite powers, create a rock He can't lift? In other word's, can God, with his infinite power, create a universe that, even he, is incapable of understanding?

Some Xians say yes, others no. A is A in these parts and the law of non-contradiction proceeds from the creator so he cannot make a rock with inherent contradictory powers. In some universe, He can conceive of how to do so, I'm sure.
22-11-2013, 04:10 PM
See the point? If he can create this thing (no matter what it is) that baffles him . . . he is not omnipotent If he can't, he is not omnipotent! This is why this question is so popular among we atheists. Christians can't win it! The basic question is: "Is God powerful enough to make himself an ordinary human being?" It's not: "Why would he do that?" It's does have the ability?