A Rock So Heavy

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
22-11-2013, 04:16 PM
RE: A Rock So Heavy
(22-11-2013 04:10 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  See the point? If he can create this thing (no matter what it is) that baffles him . . . he is not omnipotent If he can't, he is not omnipotent! This is why this question is so popular among we atheists. Christians can't win it! The basic question is: "Is God powerful enough to make himself an ordinary human being?" It's not: "Why would he do that?" It's does have the ability?

sigh

Do you want the real answer?

[Image: RHcn6pd.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2013, 04:26 PM
(22-11-2013 04:10 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  See the point? If he can create this thing (no matter what it is) that baffles him . . . he is not omnipotent If he can't, he is not omnipotent! This is why this question is so popular among we atheists. Christians can't win it! The basic question is: "Is God powerful enough to make himself an ordinary human being?" It's not: "Why would he do that?" It's does have the ability?

You might have a point. Nevertheless, it is inconceivable this god could not possibly hear the sound of the color purple.
22-11-2013, 04:30 PM
(22-11-2013 03:55 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 03:51 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  K. The question was not about the size of rock in regards to the size of the universe. You limited the size of gods universe! (Another limitation on God!) The question is the size of the rock. Given God's ability to create an infinite universe! Can god, with his infinite powers, create a rock, with his infinite powers, create a rock He can't lift? In other word's, can God, with his infinite power, create a universe that, even he, is incapable of understanding?

Some Xians say yes, others no. A is A in these parts and the law of non-contradiction proceeds from the creator so he cannot make a rock with inherent contradictory powers. In some universe, He can conceive of how to do so, I'm sure.

You've introduced "Xians" into this conversation. Don't know what they are and won't bother to look it up! Why? Because it's a pretty obvious attempt, on your part, to change the subject! Then you bring up the: "law of non-contradiction". Again, I won't bother to look it up, because I'm pretty sure it's bullshit. "In some universe, He can conceive of how to do so, I'm sure." Would this be a universe he did NOT create? Listen, man!: I have a G.E.D.! So many people talk to me, here and try to help me! They can help you too! But you have to understand that you might be on the wrong track!
22-11-2013, 04:32 PM
(22-11-2013 04:16 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

sigh

Do you want the real answer?
Give to me! OHHH! YEA!!!
22-11-2013, 04:34 PM
(22-11-2013 04:26 PM)Julius Wrote:  

You might have a point. Nevertheless, it is inconceivable this god could not possibly hear the sound of the color purple.

Maybe because colors don't have sounds?
22-11-2013, 04:34 PM
(22-11-2013 04:26 PM)Julius Wrote:  

Maybe because colors don't have sounds?
22-11-2013, 04:38 PM
(22-11-2013 04:32 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  This is why this question is so popular among we atheists.

We?
Well... someone forgot to consult this atheist. Drinking Beverage How many fucks I give about this... is immeasurable.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
22-11-2013, 04:45 PM
(22-11-2013 04:38 PM)kim Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 04:32 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  This is why this question is so popular among we atheists.

We?
Well... someone forgot to consult this atheist. Drinking Beverage How many fucks I give about this... is immeasurable.

The word "We" can never include everyone on the face of the earth. It can't even include any particular subset. Do you have a question regarding my thoughts on this subject?
22-11-2013, 04:50 PM
(22-11-2013 04:38 PM)kim Wrote:  

We?

The word "We" can never really represent the thoughts of every human on earth, or even any subset of all we represent. Are you really upset by my use of the word ":We"? Or is their an idea that I presented that you would like to challenge?
22-11-2013, 04:51 PM
If God can do anything, could he create a hot dog so big that even he couldn't eat it? ~ Bart Simpson

Happy? Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post