A Rock So Heavy

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
23-11-2013, 06:22 PM
RE: A Rock So Heavy
(22-11-2013 03:14 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  PJ...

You are going to make GRP Rage.

GRP should be outlawed in all discussion for the simple fact of

[Image: dead-horse.gif][Image: dead-horse.gif]

You act as if it has been solved, and is therefore not worth mentioning again. Has it been solved?

The only way it would be so infuriating is if it HASN'T been solved to your satisfaction (I.E God being Omnipotent) and you can't address the answers that logically come from it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2013, 08:51 PM
[Image: your-argument-is-invalid-because-potato.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
23-11-2013, 08:52 PM
(22-11-2013 03:30 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Am I flogging, beating, persecuting or spanking that horse?

Don't make me dig up the Enumclaw Horse video.

23-11-2013, 08:59 PM
(22-11-2013 04:53 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 04:51 PM)kim Wrote:  If God can do anything, could he create a hot dog so big that even he couldn't eat it? ~ Bart Simpson

Happy? Drinking Beverage

If god can do anything, could he do it when the thing it when he did it and it did when the thing it did? What now? Checkmate, atheist!

Could God build a yacht so big even he could not fill it with bitches? (The Colbert Report)

24-11-2013, 06:08 PM
[Image: Ayers-Rock-Summer.jpg]

[Image: ayers-Rock.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like TheGulegon's post
25-11-2013, 03:07 AM
God makes a universe with a big fart in it whose smell fills every bit of its space. This proposed universe can be massive and stretch across time itself along with the smell of the fart or the size of a football field or even smaller if you like. Idea

Now since there is nowhere to go for the fart, God must move the whole universe inside its dimension to "clear the fart".

He has made a fart so massive He cannot escape it in space, although He can waft it by moving the universe through a continuum outside the space/time of that universe. He has made a fart He both can "waft" and cannot "waft" and He can do both actions at the same time by moving the whole universe--and that is awesome. Checkmate, theists!

The real question is can God do something illogical such as violate Newtonian principles in our universe?

And the real fart is Jesus Christ. You and I cannot escape Him, He was wafted above the Earth for our sin. He rose so smelling Him we receive eternal life.

If you tolerate the fart, you will be saved. If the fart falls upon you, you will be suffocated.

Again just so we're clear, checkmate. Coffeedrinker

(Think my version is slightly superior)
[+] 3 users Like PursuingTruth's post
25-11-2013, 08:03 AM
(25-11-2013 03:07 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  God makes a universe with a big fart in it whose smell fills every bit of its space. This proposed universe can be massive and stretch across time itself along with the smell of the fart or the size of a football field or even smaller if you like. Idea

Now since there is nowhere to go for the fart, God must move the whole universe inside its dimension to "clear the fart".

He has made a fart so massive He cannot escape it in space, although He can waft it by moving the universe through a continuum outside the space/time of that universe. He has made a fart He both can "waft" and cannot "waft" and He can do both actions at the same time by moving the whole universe--and that is awesome. Checkmate, theists!

The real question is can God do something illogical such as violate Newtonian principles in our universe?

And the real fart is Jesus Christ. You and I cannot escape Him, He was wafted above the Earth for our sin. He rose so smelling Him we receive eternal life.

If you tolerate the fart, you will be saved. If the fart falls upon you, you will be suffocated.

Again just so we're clear, checkmate. Coffeedrinker

(Think my version is slightly superior)

LOL! I have to admit that was pretty funny.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
25-11-2013, 09:39 AM
(22-11-2013 02:50 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  God makes a universe with a big rock in it whose mass fills every bit of its space. This proposed universe can be massive and stretch across time itself along with the mass of the rock or the size of a football field or even smaller if you like. Idea

Now since there is nowhere to go for the rock, God must move the whole universe inside its dimension to "lift the rock".

He has made a rock so massive He cannot lift it in space, although He can move it by moving the universe through a continuum outside the space/time of that universe. He has made a rock He both can "lift" and cannot "lift" and He can do both actions at the same time by moving the whole universe--and that is awesome. Checkmate, atheists!

And the real rock is Jesus Christ. You and I cannot lift Him, He was lifted above the Earth for our sin. He rose so trusting Him we receive eternal life.

If you stumble over the rock, you will be saved. If the rock falls upon you, you will be crushed.

Again just so we're clear, checkmate. Drinking Beverage

Wait. We can just make a bunch of bald assertions and declare checkmate?

Also, the last time you made a thread where you declared checkmate, I already said that you won all the arguments. Are you just trying to rack up a higher score now?
25-11-2013, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2013 10:55 AM by kingschosen.)
(23-11-2013 06:22 PM)Boysurroundedbymoms Wrote:  You act as if it has been solved, and is therefore not worth mentioning again. Has it been solved?

The only way it would be so infuriating is if it HASN'T been solved to your satisfaction (I.E God being Omnipotent) and you can't address the answers that logically come from it.

It has been solved. Much like the "theory" of evolution or the concept of no free will, there is definitive evidence for these.

The GRP is nothing more than a semantics game.

The answer to the GRP is it "cannot be". And no, just because you can ask the question doesn't make it a legitimate question.

The whole concept of the GRP is creating a paradox on omnipotence. The clever thing of the GRP is it creates misdirection and people usually fail to see its obvious flaw; instead, they argue it when the question is invalid to begin with.

What the GRP does is redefine omnipotence. It presumes limits and questions omnipotence with those limits. You can't redefine omnipotence in order to have a paradox.

Omnipotence is infinite power - no limits. The GRP presents limits on omnipotence.

It just simply cannot be. If something is without limits, then it is without limits. The question is completely invalid because it's making omnipotence something that it isn't.

The GRP can only exist if omnipotence is limited. So, it changes the rules and expects people to play by them.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
25-11-2013, 11:04 AM
(25-11-2013 10:50 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  The GRP is nothing more than a semantics game.

The answer to the GRP is it "cannot be". And no, just because you can ask the question doesn't make it a legitimate question.

The whole concept of the GRP is creating a paradox on omnipotence. The clever thing of the GRP is it creates misdirection and people usually fail to see its obvious flaw; instead, they argue it when the question is invalid to begin with.

What the GRP does is redefine omnipotence. It presumes limits and questions omnipotence with those limits. You can't redefine omnipotence in order to have a paradox.

But that isn't so. The concept of omnipotence is not well-defined.

Can an omnipotent entity create something greater than itself - that's really the question here. (the trivial case is of an omnipotent entity limiting itself - that is necessarily possible, whatever one's definition of omnipotence)

"No, because no" isn't a very satisfactory answer.

(25-11-2013 10:50 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Omnipotence is infinite power - no limits. The GRP presents limits on omnipotence.

It just simply cannot be. If something is without limits, then it is without limits. The question is completely invalid because it's making omnipotence something that it isn't.

The GRP can only exist if omnipotence is limited. So, it changes the rules and expects people to play by them.

Ah - 'infinite'. There's the rub.

All infinities are infinite, but some are more infinite than others.

Of what sort is the 'infinite' ability attributed to an 'omnipotent' entity?

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post