A Satanic Perspective of Christian Mythology

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2015, 02:17 PM
A Satanic Perspective of Christian Mythology
As some of you know, I have recently been re-reading the Satanic Bible. I was reminded during my reading today that Satanism has some very strong elements of mythological symbolism, which got me thinking. Supposing I were to put on my Theist hat and imagine what the universe would be like if the Christian mythology were true? What problems might that mythology contain in an internal context?

Of course, this is nothing new to most Atheists. It allows for some really substantial arguments to do with the presence of evil in the world. As far back as Epicurus, people have been pointing out how the presence of indiscriminate evil, of the not man-made variety, makes things logically difficult for the existence of the god of modern Theism. Since in Christianity, Satan is considered the father of all of this evil, it seems logical that those same inconsistencies might be present in the relationship between god and Satan.

From my perspective, the Christian mythology does a very poor job of explaining why god has not destroyed the devil, and thus all evil. There are certainly a host of apologetic arguments on this, most of which simply postpone the date at which that is meant to take place. So in a way, the apologists are saying that God is toying with the devil, and perhaps humanity as well. He could destroy him now, but chooses not to because of his private agenda.

The thing is, that doesn't sound like god to me at all. It sounds exactly like the kind of thing the devil would do. So I thought, supposing the two are in the wrong place in the story? Supposing we consider the suffering of the world in a mythological context of the devil being more powerful than god?

That really got my mind whirling, because things more of less fall into place under that assumption. For one thing, it would explain why both characters are still alive and kicking in a much more logically satisfying way. If the devil is the more powerful, and he enjoys tormenting his enemies for sport, it makes perfect sense to leave god alive. Without someone to oppose him and provoke his diabolical schemes, he might simply be bored. It would explain why the world is not a just place, and indiscriminate heartless suffering abounds. The devil wouldn't care. If anything he would be causing the situation for his own evil entertainment. He certainly wouldn't relieve it.

It would also explain the embarrassingly impotent behavior of god. He knows he's in a losing battle, so he postures and puffs himself up as a supposedly omnipotent being. He makes whatever claims about himself he has to in order to exert influence over his chosen people, a chosen people specifically selected for their backwoods superstition and general lack of sophistication. Of course he wouldn't appear to the Chinese, his talents of persuasion are best used on primitive superstitious desert dwellers who would take to his control much quicker and more easily.

One can literally follow the story from here on out by re-contextualizing the story to fit the new mythology, and it makes more sense than the original. Of course his chosen people get enslaved by polytheistic heretics in Egypt. Of course he leads them on a forty year mindless bumbling scuttle around a tiny stretch of the Arabian Peninsula. Of course he has to rely on the primitive military might of Israel to conquer the "Promised Land". None of these things jive much with an omni-anything kind of god.

Of course, these ideas are completely emotionally devistating. We would then be beset on either side by one great devil, and one petty tribal devil. Bad news for the good guys in this story.

I hope its obvious that I don't believe any of what I am saying is actually true. Call it an intellectual hobby.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dark Phoenix's post
01-09-2015, 02:30 PM
RE: A Satanic Perspective of Christian Mythology
Gather 'round, child'un; it's...
[Image: Satanic_Story_Time_Logo_1400x1400-e1411885195863.jpg]

\../

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply