A Science/Technical question...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2017, 09:25 AM
A Science/Technical question...
At work.

While in uffish thought I stand there comes a pondrance.

Say I have an 'Infra red' night sighting system (Old style tech I know) what material might one use that would 'Reflect' or otherwise act as a kind of 'High ligh'.... much the way the road 'Cats eyes' and other 'Hi-vis' items do with visible light but in this case under the illumination of the IR?

Much cheers......
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2017, 09:45 AM
RE: A Science/Technical question...
(15-06-2017 09:25 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

While in uffish thought I stand there comes a pondrance.

Say I have an 'Infra red' night sighting system (Old style tech I know) what material might one use that would 'Reflect' or otherwise act as a kind of 'High ligh'.... much the way the road 'Cats eyes' and other 'Hi-vis' items do with visible light but in this case under the illumination of the IR?

Much cheers......

Are you using a 1st gen Russian night vision device??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-06-2017, 10:07 AM
https://www.techwalla.com/articles/what-...t-infrared

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-06-2017, 10:13 AM
At work.

Yes, the 'Fan fiction' is early 1950's type tech.

Much thanks for the link morondog! Thumbsup
15-06-2017, 04:03 PM
Gold is highly IR reflective. Smile

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
15-06-2017, 05:52 PM
If you want a strong return, use a Corner Reflector

Look at reflectors on vehicles. They are made of an array of small corner reflectors, molded into the plastic. Try illuminating a red one with your scope and see what you get. If it doesn't work that well, just take two of them from a junk car and form some aluminum foil into that shape between them.
15-06-2017, 06:35 PM
I too have a science question. Not knowing how to start a thread on our forum if it is not good to attach it here maybe a moderator can move it for me. I shoot up insulin twice a day. At times when I pull the plunger back for the void to fill with insulin for a second or 2 there is what looks like air there but it fills up with the cloudy looking insulin rapidly. Question: Did I see nothing there for a second? Did a vacuum form in the body of the syringe? Or what? Does anyone with a more scienterrific edumacashion know what I am seeing?
Thanks
Born Again Pagan!
15-06-2017, 07:20 PM
(15-06-2017 06:35 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  At times when I pull the plunger back for the void to fill with insulin for a second or 2 there is what looks like air there but it fills up with the cloudy looking insulin rapidly. Question: Did I see nothing there for a second? Did a vacuum form in the body of the syringe? Or what? Does anyone with a more scienterrific edumacashion know what I am seeing?

You're causing a partial vacuum. This is causing some of the liquid to rapidly change state from a liquid to a gas. This takes energy in the form of heat, so the gas becomes cool. The cool gas starts to condense, causing what is essentially a very short-lived cloud.
[+] 3 users Like Heath_Tierney's post