Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2016, 11:03 PM
A Scientist Reviews the Ark Encounter
Kentucky Gets an Ark-Shaped Second Creation “Museum”
A Walkthrough and Review of the Ark Encounter

By Dan Phelps, President, Kentucky Paleontological Society

https://ncse.com/library-resource/kentuc...ion-museum

There's a lot to dig into here, and it'll certainly keep you occupied for quite some time. I mean, we all know it and Ken Ham are bullshit, but it's fun to read someone with the accredited cojones rip it a new one.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-10-2016, 01:30 AM
RE: A Scientist Reviews the Ark Encounter
Thanks, EK, that is fascinating.

Only did a scan this time round, so many familiar fallacies!

Did find one if those unthought-about-but-obvious-once-you-see-them things . . .Sand. Takes a long time rolling back and forth in the tides for big lumps of rock to become small rounded ones, let alone tiny grains of sand! Take a while even with glaciation grinding away make the global volumes involved.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
24-10-2016, 02:27 AM
Thanks for the link. Like Gloucester I've had a skim through the article. Some dreadfully dishonest "science" in that Mythological Theme Park.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
24-10-2016, 04:10 AM
I will read the article tomorrow. I am off my face on med's right now.

Many thanks. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
24-10-2016, 05:42 AM
(23-10-2016 11:03 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Kentucky Gets an Ark-Shaped Second Creation “Museum”
A Walkthrough and Review of the Ark Encounter

By Dan Phelps, President, Kentucky Paleontological Society

https://ncse.com/library-resource/kentuc...ion-museum

There's a lot to dig into here, and it'll certainly keep you occupied for quite some time. I mean, we all know it and Ken Ham are bullshit, but it's fun to read someone with the accredited cojones rip it a new one.

NCSE is great! They did the most definitive and awesome take down I've ever read on the flood myth.

The Impossible Voyage of Noah's Ark

I'll definitely have to read this.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
24-10-2016, 08:48 AM
Reading the review made my head hurt. Mis-information is so easily dessimated and afterwards so difficult to cast off.

I pity the kids who are taught this shit and then try and enter an accredited college or university.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
24-10-2016, 09:25 AM
(24-10-2016 08:48 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Reading the review made my head hurt. Mis-information is so easily dessimated and afterwards so difficult to cast off.

I pity the kids who are taught this shit and then try and enter an accredited college or university.

Unless they were entering a science course involving biology or evolution would creationism vs evolution come up as an issue in entry requirements? I can see colleges glossing over it if it meant filling the rosters and getting the fees in.

24-10-2016, 09:39 AM
(24-10-2016 08:48 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Reading the review made my head hurt. Mis-information is so easily dessimated and afterwards so difficult to cast off.

Most of my cousins can't into a college that doesn't have "Baptist" in the name. Facepalm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
24-10-2016, 09:56 AM
Thanks for posting. Ugh, the tweaking of science to fit into the Bible 'cause faith. The Statement of faith placards were so creepy to me. Basically, who cares what has been proven in modern times, go with the Scriptural ramblings of some ancient peoples instead. Also, their adding into the Noah story with how they *think* he might have handled various situations-i.e why there were no polar bears on the ark, what they did with the poo, the ventilation system, how freshwater/saltwater fish survived, how animals were fed their natural diet etc. was so incredibly ludicrous.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
24-10-2016, 10:56 AM
(24-10-2016 09:39 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  

Most of my cousins can't into a college that doesn't have "Baptist" in the name. Facepalm

Oops, forgot how the college system works over there.