A Sensitive Subject

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2014, 04:31 PM
RE: A Sensitive Subject
(26-08-2014 04:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Bravo for not threatening to call the popo. Thumbsup

I'll not hesitate to call the popo on you, fatboy.

For any reason. Tongue

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2014, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2014 04:49 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-08-2014 04:31 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 04:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Bravo for not threatening to call the popo. Thumbsup

I'll not hesitate to call the popo on you, fatboy.

For any reason. Tongue

PG County 911 Dispatcher: "911. State your emergency."
CatLady: "GirlyMan is on a rampage again."
PG County 911 Dispatcher: "Yes, we know, you're the third caller this week. He's working for us. Now let me look up your address again so we can send a few squad cars your way to get a proper report. Oooo ... looks like you're in Montgomery County. Even better. They'll be right there."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-08-2014, 05:06 PM
excellent, a heartfelt thanks to all involved.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
26-08-2014, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2014 09:53 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-08-2014 11:59 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Here is the policy statement:

Suicide Threats
This policy applies to any content containing threats of suicide and/or self-harm posted on the forum. Individuals may endeavor to provide any support they consider appropriate to those who need it without accepting personal liability. Please note, that there is a possibility that the content of the post and the personal details of the author of the post may be passed to a local mental healthcare authority if the Forum Administration deems it necessary. This decision will be based on how legitimate and imminent the Forum Administration considers the threat to be. All members are asked to report such posts to the Forum Team.

That doesn't feel as threatening anymore but now it feels cold, indifferent and distant ... reptiloid ... sterile.

We should encourage engagement.

"GirlyMan went all nihilist and shit when he was seventeen. Made my own Exit Bag and shit. Helium then but Nitrogen now. Still check the pressure and stare at it as needed some 35 years later. GirlyMan is still a nihilist at 52 yo. I made maps and shit. If you need help finding a local mental health professional who understands atheists I can help. I got 2 strong arms, I can help." Yes

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post