A Series Of Questions For Atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2014, 12:32 PM
RE: A Series Of Questions For Atheists
(03-08-2014 12:48 AM)Mini Gun Fodder Wrote:  Surprise - almost an interesting response, in that it could provide the basis for a possible interesting discussion.

Condescending much?

You are going to be a real crowd pleaser aren't you?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-08-2014, 12:37 PM
(03-08-2014 11:11 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  I have never seen reason to accept any god stories as true because there have never been any recorded instances of a god influencing the universe in any way.

When you do, I will gladly tell you if I think it exists or not.

What would possibly be the point? If it has never had any influence on the universe in any way it doesn't matter if it exists or not does it? I'll give you this, though, at least you don't have the foolish audacity to drag morality into it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2014, 12:42 PM
(03-08-2014 12:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 12:48 AM)Mini Gun Fodder Wrote:  Surprise - almost an interesting response, in that it could provide the basis for a possible interesting discussion.

Condescending much?

[Laughs] Probably not for long, atheists, I have found, are as hypocritical as they are uninteresting. Condescending gets old with them real quick when it spews from the opposition - shortly after fresh blood dissipates, I would imagine, if I hadn't stood in the arena many times before. I needn't tell you. You know how it works or you wouldn't have noticed my potential.
03-08-2014, 12:49 PM
(03-08-2014 12:26 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 07:09 AM)Mini Gun Fodder Wrote:  Its pretty well documented.

This is not an answer.

I disagree. It's an excellent answer.
03-08-2014, 12:55 PM
(03-08-2014 12:42 PM)Mini Gun Fodder Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 12:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Condescending much?

[Laughs] Probably not for long, atheists, I have found, are as hypocritical as they are uninteresting. Condescending gets old with them real quick when it spews from the opposition - shortly after fresh blood dissipates, I would imagine, if I hadn't stood in the arena many times before. I needn't tell you. You know how it works or you wouldn't have noticed my potential.

You use the word 'atheists' as a blanket description which is quite unfair. Most people here do no use 'all theists' as a description of anyone. We, as a group, seem to be well aware that there are differences among the members of any group.

Maybe you should back up a step or two. That is, unless your are here only to be narrow-minded ass.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
03-08-2014, 01:08 PM
(03-08-2014 12:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 12:42 PM)Mini Gun Fodder Wrote:  [Laughs] Probably not for long, atheists, I have found, are as hypocritical as they are uninteresting. Condescending gets old with them real quick when it spews from the opposition - shortly after fresh blood dissipates, I would imagine, if I hadn't stood in the arena many times before. I needn't tell you. You know how it works or you wouldn't have noticed my potential.

You use the word 'atheists' as a blanket description which is quite unfair. Most people here do no use 'all theists' as a description of anyone. We, as a group, seem to be well aware that there are differences among the members of any group.

Maybe you should back up a step or two. That is, unless your are here only to be narrow-minded ass.

Although the name on the forum says "Thinking Atheist" your criticism is fair. I'm not an admirer of a thousand nomenclatures for a thousand schools of thought, so would the term skeptic be acceptable?
03-08-2014, 01:12 PM
It doesn't make sense to lump everyone together when they have one thing in common. Doesn't matter what the one thing is.

It isn't wise to use words like 'all, every, or none' when referring to people - or pretty much anything else.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-08-2014, 01:12 PM
(03-08-2014 12:37 PM)Mini Gun Fodder Wrote:  
(03-08-2014 11:11 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  I have never seen reason to accept any god stories as true because there have never been any recorded instances of a god influencing the universe in any way.

When you do, I will gladly tell you if I think it exists or not.

What would possibly be the point? If it has never had any influence on the universe in any way it doesn't matter if it exists or not does it? I'll give you this, though, at least you don't have the foolish audacity to drag morality into it.

Well at least it's clear that you aren't willing to have a conversation. Have fun, buddy.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
03-08-2014, 01:39 PM
so you say that God didn't commit genocide. okay so it wasn't a genocide but it was an annihilation of those who did not belong to his group of Chosen People , so people with different ancestors and different religion God commanded them to be annihilated, oh but that wasn't genocide.
03-08-2014, 01:45 PM
(30-07-2014 09:14 PM)Mini Gun Fodder Wrote:  The first of which is this: If......................................

What if
we were infact all delusions of goldfish that fly in a sky of mercury atmosphere in some far away planet.

Dont you ever dare to ask me an if question again!

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post