A Sign of Doomsday?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2012, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2012 08:09 PM by Misanthropik.)
A Sign of Doomsday?
So here in the States, it's 4:00 in the afternoon and the apocalyptic end of days has yet to arrive. I must say, I'm quite unimpressed with the Mayan's ability to end a world.

I will say, however, that something curious occured this morning which makes one scratch his head in curious bewilderment. I've often spoke of my young adopted brother here on the forums, and the fact that he lives with my parents back home. It was at precisely midnight on the morning of December 21st, 2012 that my dad called to inform me thay my brother had become violently ill with some type of stomach bug. It descended upon him suddenly; complete with a fever, vomiting, and a lethargy which threatened to pull him into unconsciousness.

Again, I've spoken much about my brother, but what I've failed to mention thus far is that we adopted him from Guatemala, and that he is a genuine Mayan indian. Not merely a Guatemalan, but a true-blooded Mayan indian who's birth mother spoke a lost Mayan dialect which the translator's translator had difficulty deciphering.

With that being said, I promptly arrived at the house bearing a bottle of children's Advil and a bottle of ginger ale. As I stepped out of my car, my attention was drawn to a strange cloud formation which was taking shape overtop the treeline surrounding the house. This surprised me, because it was a little after midnight and I knew that the clouds must have been a magnitude darker than the night sky in order to be so readily visible. I paused for a moment to observe the anomaly as the wind began to pick up. Overhead, the clouds began to swirl into a maelstrom who's sheer size became evident as flashes of lightening illuminated the towering heights of the quickly-forming vortex. I stood observing this phenomena in awe as my attention was suddenly interupted by my dad who called to me from the front porch. "Get in here!" he shouted, "He's getting worse!"

I quickly ran inside, the medication clenched firmly in my hand, and made my way up the stairs to the bedroom where they were keeping him. When I entered the room, I was stopped dead in my tracks by a sight I could not possibly have expected. My mother stood off to my right with her hand over her mouth and her eyes wide with fearful confusion. On the bed sat my brother...or, the entity I once knew to be my brother. He was sitting upright with the covers still draped over his legs, but what startled us all was the bizarre new features which he exhibited. Across his dark skin snaked a strange pattern of symbols resurrected from an ancient language not expressed since before recorded time. The shapes of animals, plants, and long-lost kings glowed with a bright yellowish hue as they carved across his arms, shoulders and neck. His gaze was fixed upward and his eyes glowed brightly with the same yellowish hue which shone from the rest of his small frame. His mouth hanged open, but as I watched, I noticed that his lips were making small movements as though he were whispering a chant or incantation to unseen listeners upon whom his gaze was imovably fixed. Outside, the thunder crashed and the wind picked up intensity and my mind returned to the awful sight of the towering maelstrom above us.

It was at that moment that I suddenly felt a rush of euphoria in my head before everything went black. Evidently I had swooned, but for reasons I still cannot identify. I awoke back home, in my own bed, far from the house in which all of this had taken place, and without any recollection of what had occured after I lost consciousness. I immediately phoned my dad, who told me that he too remembers most of what occured the night before, though the details were sketchy in his aging mind, but that I was not to worry, for my brother was doing much better. Still reeling from the memory of the experience, I chose not to pursue the matter further and simply asked that he send my regards to the young boy before hanging up.

For the moment, I'm also choosing to ignore the strange scar which has been mysteriously carved into my arm. A scar which is fully healed, and yet has never been present before this morning. But what I find even more unsettling than its inexplicable appearance is the form it so blatantly resembles. Its striking features have forced me to ignore it for the time being, out of fear, but even now, I could absolutely swear to you that haphazardly carved into my flesh is the word "Disciple".

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Misanthropik's post
21-12-2012, 04:34 PM
RE: A Sign of Doomsday?
Well, to be fair the Mayans, as I interpreted the evidence (all based on H2's apocalypse cash-in extravaganza), didn't predict the end of the world, it is just supposed to be the beginning of a new age, and ages seem to be defined pretty arbitrarily...just sayin'

Find all posts by this user
21-12-2012, 04:35 PM
The previous day, the only sign which i have seen is... the idiots. Unfortunately there are many and is reasonable to believe for our doom.
21-12-2012, 04:59 PM
.... too many idiots in the world .. why I stayed home away from them crazy bastards...

well actually .... I stay home almost every day to stay away from crazy bastards...

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
21-12-2012, 05:42 PM
There wasn't a cloud in the sky today in my part of the world. Sure was beautiful for the last day on earth.
I didn't leave home either. Those dang zombies can cause one heck of a traffic jam.

"Leave the atom alone."
-E.Y. Harburgh
21-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Cool story bro; needs more dragons. Drinking Beverage

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
21-12-2012, 05:51 PM
(21-12-2012 03:51 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  So here in the States, it's 4:00 in the afternoon and the apocalyptic end of days has yet to arrive. I must say, I'm quite unimpressed with the Mayan's ability to end a world.

I will say, however, that something curious occured this morning which makes one scratch his head in curious bewilderment. I've often spoke of my young adopted brother here on the forums, and the fact that he lives with my parents back home. It was at precisely midnight on the morning of December 21st, 2012 that my dad called to inform me thay my brother had become violently ill with some type of stomach bug. It descended upon him suddenly; complete with a fever, vomiting, and a lethargy which threatened to pull him into unconsciousness.

Again, I've spoken much about my brother, but what I've failed to mention thus far is that we adopted him from Guatemala, and that he is a genuine Myana indian. Not merely a Guatemalan, but a true-blooded Mayan indian who's birth mother spoke a lost Mayan dialect which the translator's translator had difficulty deciphering.

With that being said, I promptly arrived at the house bearing a bottle of children's Advil and a bottle of ginger ale. As I stepped out of my car, my attention was drawn to a strange cloud formation which was taking shape overtop the treeline surrounding the house. This surprised me, because it was a little after midnight and I knew that the clouds must have been a magnitude darker than the night sky in order to be so readily visible. I paused for a moment to observe the anomaly as the wind began to pick up. Overhead, the clouds began to swirl into a maelstrom who's sheer size became evident as flashes of lightening illuminated the towering heights of the quickly-forming vortex. I stood observing this phenomena in awe as my attention was suddenly interupted by my dad who called to me from the front porch. "Get in here!" he shouted, "He's getting worse!"

I quickly ran inside, the medication clenched firmly in my hand, and made my way up the stairs to the bedroom where they were keeping him. When I entered the room, I was stopped dead in my tracks by a sight I could not possibly have expected. My mother stood off to my right with her hand over her mouth and her eyes wide with fearful confusion. On the bed sat my brother...or, the entity I once knew to be my brother. He was sitting upright with the covers still draped over his legs, but what startled us all was the bizarre new features which he exhibited. Across his dark skin snaked a strange pattern of symbols resurrected from an ancient language not expressed since before recorded time. The shapes of animals, plants, and long-lost kings glowed with a bright yellowish hue as they carved across his arms, shoulders and neck. His gaze was fixed upward and his eyes glowed brightly with the same yellowish hue which shone from the rest of his small frame. His mouth hanged open, but as I watched, I noticed that his lips were making small movements as though he were whispering a chant or incantation to unseen listeners upon whom his gaze was imovably fixed. Outside, the thunder crashed and the wind picked up intensity and my mind returned to the awful sight of the towering maelstrom above us.

It was at that moment that I suddenly felt a rush of euphoria in my head before everything went black. Evidently I had swooned, but for reasons I still cannot identify. I awoke back home, in my own bed, far from the house in which all of this had taken place, and without any recollection of what had occured after I lost consciousness. I immediately phoned my dad, who told me that he too remembers most of what occured the night before, though the details were sketchy in his aging mind, but that I was not to worry, for my brother was doing much better. Still reeling from the memory of the experience, I chose not to pursue the matter further and simply asked that he send my regards to the young boy before hanging up.

For the moment, I'm also choosing to ignore the strange scar which has been mysteriously carved into my arm. A scar which is fully healed, and yet has never been present before this morning. But what I find even more unsettling than its inexplicable appearance is the form it so blatantly resembles. Its striking features have forced me to ignore it for the time being, out of fear, but even now, I could absolutely swear to you that haphazardly carved into my flesh is the word "Disciple".

So, how is your brother feeling now? Is your mum OK?

Rolleyes

21-12-2012, 08:07 PM
The whole thing about a sick Mayan brother was actually true. lol. When I showed up at the house, my dad and I joked about his illness being some "end of days" fulfillment. Naturally, my imagination took that and ran with it.

In all seriousness, he's doing much better, yes. Tongue

22-12-2012, 01:27 AM
A Sign of Doomsday?
Does anyone know if that New Age wacko who was going to jump off a cliff in Sedona, AZ went through with his pledge to lead is to the next plane of existence?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
22-12-2012, 02:23 AM
(22-12-2012 01:27 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Does anyone know if that New Age wacko who was going to jump off a cliff in Sedona, AZ went through with his pledge to lead is to the next plane of existence?

OMFG I forgot about him!

Someone find out! STAT!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Your Zodiac Sign!! tazmin98 50 4,512 12-01-2012 09:07 AM
Last Post: Leela